Bac Ha

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Fish Pollution in Central Vietnam

Vietnam Yesterday

I have been reading about the current (June 30th 2016) fish pollution situation happening in Central Vietnam. I was hoping someone who was recently there (June or July 2016) can let me know how safe it is to eat and travel in Hue, Da Nang, and Hoi An.

I would hate to plan a trip about these cities and have to avoid seafood and the beaches.

more
    • Trying Hai Au seaplane for a sightseeing tour at Halong Bay.

Hanoi Jul 12, 2016 at 7:25 PM

I'm going to visit Halong Bay in the next month ( early August). I've heard that having a scenic flight over Halong Bay is the must-tried experienced if you were to visit Ha Long. I wonder is it that good? Should I try it ? because my budget is not much, so i have to consider carefully about it. Also Is the direct flight from Hanoi to Halong worth the money? Because it only takes me 45 minutes rather than 4 hours on a bus. If you tried it, please give me some pieces of advice. Thanks !

more
    • keong64's Profile Photo

11 days backpack trip from Hue toward south Ho Chi Minh from 17-27 July

Vietnam Jul 2, 2016 at 7:35 AM

I am budget type lone traveller. Do you think I have enough time to cover these places ( Hue - Hoi Ann - Nha Trang - Da Lat - Muine - Ho Chi Minh or to to skip 1 or 2 places, I understand it is a rush journey..
      My flight arrive Danang Mid noon and I intend to go Hue first. Any suggestion to get the cheapest transpotation from Danang Airport to Danang Town bus station then I take a local bus to Hue.

more
    • vonbitch's Profile Photo

Sapa textiles in hanoi

Hanoi Jun 27, 2016 at 5:00 PM

Is there anywhere in Hanoi I can buy Sapa textiles such as tables runners and wall hangings.
      Thank you

more
    • Taking Currency

Vietnam Jul 12, 2016 at 11:01 AM

As a UK national,will be visiting Hoi An in early August, arriving from KL. Is it best to have a mixture of Dong and US Dollars? I've a pre paid Fairfx currency card too.

more
    • KomalA's Profile Photo

Vietnam- Short trip

Ho Chi Minh City Jul 5, 2016 at 1:08 AM

Hello!
      I'm going for a 3 days tour to Vietnam, please suggest places to visit and what is the easy n cheap way to travel from Ho chi min to Hanoi?

Thanks.

more

Near Bac Ha

• Sapa- Bac Ha and back - how could I make this day most enjoyable?

by lengyanna Online Now Jan 22, 2014 at 4:19 PM

I am planning to go on a 3-day (2 nighs) Sapa-region tour ending up in Bac Ha market on a Sunday. My problem is that the tour company whose services I may buy for this 3-day trip, 185 dollars) seems to offer only and exclusively a bus transfer from Sapa to Bac Ha leaving me there ( which is allright) and then back to the Lao Chi railway station. The idea of getting there by a non-tourist bus ( more than 3 hours) visiting the market, maybe another three hours ( if the bus schedule lets me do so) and driving back directly to the railway station only to spend another 2-3 hours waiting at the station for the Hanoi-bound night train is not attractive enough. I guess I rather prefer to buy a compact one-day tour from Sapa to Bac Ha with another company that leaves earlier in the morning for the market and offers some activities for the afternoon after the market visit. Possibly a small group tour , as I do not feel rich enough to pay for a one person private tour. any suggestions, please??? Or maybe any suggestions for a RELIABLE , completely different tour company who could where I could buy a complete 3-day package tour including the market? Thanks a lot. anna

6 Answers Feb 14, 2014 at 3:33 AM
    • Bac Ha rent a car

by midelfin Online Now May 28, 2008 at 12:49 AM

Is it possible to rent a car (or another trasportation) in Bac Ha in order to go around visiting the nearby market places (such as Can Cau and Coc Ly)?