Travel Answers

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• From Nice to St Tropez

Nice Oct 18, 2016 at 2:13 AM

Does anyone know the best and possibly the cheapest way to get from Nice to St Tropez in the month of November?

• Ashley & Parker

Nice Sep 30, 2016 at 6:09 AM

My wife and I are renting in Nice this winter. We were wondering if anyone has used Ashley & Parker as a rental agent and if so was it a good experience. We have looked for reviews of the company but have come up empty.
      Thank you,

• Travel from Nice to zVentimiglia

Nice Oct 11, 2016 at 4:44 PM

I read the following toay, October 11, on Riveria Radio.
      "Médecins du Monde along with several other associations has formally called for France to reopen its French-Italian border."
      Does this mean the border is closed and tourists cannot travel from Nice to Ventimiglia.

• Accomodations in Avignon/October

by Ankledeep Online Now Aug 24, 2016 at 6:04 AM

Hello, We are 2 adults planning to stay in Avignon for 4 nights in early October looking for a 2 bedroom apartment or hotel with kitchen. I have been looking on various websites but am overwhelmed. Does anyone have advice? We plan to use the train to see surrounding areas and rent a car for one day to see the countryside.

9 Answers Aug 29, 2016 at 1:23 AM
    • Luggage Storage near Avignon Centre train station

by mariavernagrandchild Online Now Apr 11, 2016 at 5:09 PM

We will be heading toward Arles, (where we will be staying), on the tgv train from Colmar. Before proceeding to Arles, we would like to take the train from Avignon TGV to Avignon Centre, get off, and leave our luggage somewhere, so we can walk around Avignon, ie. Palais des Papes and Le Pont. 1. Is there a place to safely store our luggage - including our laptop? 2. Is this feasible? 3. If we do so, should we purchase our ticket for Arles after we get to Avignon, and will it be good for any regional or local train, or only for a specific train and time? Thank you for your help.

2 Answers Apr 12, 2016 at 6:07 AM
    • november travel

by CallyE Online Now Feb 13, 2016 at 8:42 AM

I will be in paris with my husband and we want to extend our trip to southern France. Want to take TGV train friday to Lyon stay 4 hours then TGV to Avignon for 2 nights and take guided to to Pont U Gard anf any other suggestions? Then TGV train to Nice for 2 nights with fay trips to Cannes and antibes and then monaco and eze. Then fly to Brcelona for 2 night's hen travel home to Ohio. Is his doable? Any suggestions of must see placed or hotels? Thank you

8 Answers Feb 14, 2016 at 7:52 PM
    • Mermaid2013's Profile Photo

Bed and Breakfast or similar accommodations?

by Mermaid2013 Online Now Jul 8, 2015 at 6:23 PM

Is there a sight here that show B&B type accommodations for Avignon? or are there recommendations. My mother and I will travel next June 2016 looking for a week stay or longer. I see the towns of Luberon on here with access to many beautiful places and was wondering would those places be in the same area? Also, If we are to fly into Nice first would it make more sense to do that area first then rent a car and go to the Luberon region or Avignon for a while then drive back to Nice for our flight home or does anyone recommend another itinerary. We will be in that part of the country for two to three weeks. I apologize in advance for any errors with regions etc. I am just starting out navigating my way.

8 Answers Jul 9, 2015 at 9:45 PM
    • Transport between Orange and Avignon

by mario95 Online Now Jul 4, 2015 at 2:05 AM

Next september 17 i will go a Theatre Antique in Orange for a concert which begins 8 P.M.

Is there any public transport or cheap private transport between Orange and Avignon late night (around 11 P.M.), please?

I will need to return to Avignon after that concert, but i don`t know how i make...

Thank you.

Mário de Lima e Silva

7 Answers Jul 4, 2015 at 1:42 PM
    • How do I find the new Avignon TER shuttle train to central station at the TGV station?

by travelad Online Now May 29, 2015 at 2:57 PM

Has anyone been to the Avignon TGV station since January this year? I read that the shuttle buses have been discontinued with the completion of the new TER Navette (also called Virgule or Comma) train from the TGV station to the central station. Very few websites have been updated to explain how to find it. The TGV website does confirm that there is a new TER train to central station but they don't say where to find the train. An individual posted on his web page a confirmation of this and that the new line connecting the train to the TGV rail line was just completed in January. Any other site I found which knows about the TER train gives old directions, that you have to leave the station, cross the street and go to the bus stop and then follow signs to the TER train but I believe this information is outdated based upon what the individual posted and his photos.

Does anyone know how to find the new TER Navette train at the Avignon TGV station?

2 Answers May 30, 2015 at 2:40 AM
    • silvia1700's Profile Photo

Le Petit Train d'Avignon

by silvia1700 Online Now Apr 3, 2015 at 2:56 PM

Hello there!
      I was wondering about it. Where can I buy the tickets(I'll be there in July)? Do I have to make reservations? Thank you so much : )

2 Answers Apr 3, 2015 at 9:48 PM
    • Itinerary For 4 Days

by nicolajf1 Online Now Mar 7, 2015 at 9:11 AM

Hi. I would like to ask for suggestions for a 4 day trip to Avignon in late June. We were not planning on hiring a car. 2 adults.

Many thanks

7 Answers Mar 13, 2015 at 7:46 PM
    • Kitchen shop?

by Veronicavalentine Online Now Nov 15, 2014 at 2:44 AM

Looking to buy herb scissors in Avignon. Any suggestions, please?

7 Answers Nov 20, 2014 at 11:39 AM
    • TooTallFinn24's Profile Photo

Central Avignon Train Station Address

by TooTallFinn24 Online Now Jul 21, 2014 at 8:11 PM

While on the subject of Avignon, does anyone have the physical address of Avignon Central Train Station, I am trying to use the Michelin Road and Walk Planner but no such luck yet. Thanks!

4 Answers Jul 22, 2014 at 9:02 PM

Baladines in Avignon

by TooTallFinn24 Online Now Jul 21, 2014 at 7:50 PM

Aooarently there is a baladine ( mini-bus) service in Avignon that takes passengers along the Cours Jean Jaures to homes and other locations in the area. However i can find no references to such a mini bus service. Does anyone know Avignon well enough to advise me as to where I might information on the baladines (minibus) service in the City. I don't want to take a taxi. Thanks.

3 Answers Jul 22, 2014 at 6:27 PM
    • Amateur Scooter Drivers in Luberon

by Yank0 Online Now Jun 25, 2014 at 1:59 AM

Me an my girlfriend are arriving in Avignon end of June.

We were thinking about renting a scooter to move around Luberon. I have few questions though:

- Is scooter driving safe in the area for amateur scooter drivers like us? We both handle a bike just fine but have never been on a scooter before. I know if you can drive a bike, then there shouldn't be a a problem with scooters.

- Is it convenient to drive a scooter with two people from Avignon to small villages like Gordes, Roussillon, Bonnieux, etc or the distance is too big for a scooter?

We were also considering renting a car, but those are very expensive and we want to save the extra 200 Eur between scooter rent and car rent.

12 Answers Jun 25, 2014 at 5:20 PM
    • BeckyR9's Profile Photo

Theater Festival

by BeckyR9 Online Now Jun 19, 2014 at 4:32 AM

We will be staying in Arles the first week in July and found out about the Theater Festival in Avignon. Should we get tickets, are tickets needed to do anything at the event? What is a must see at the festival? Is there a program in English available? Thanks.

5 Answers Jun 20, 2014 at 7:17 AM
    • Road Traffic from Avignon to Nice

by bigballoon Online Now Jun 16, 2014 at 11:46 AM

We are visiting Southern France in August and will take the flight back home from Nice. We are now thinking about whether we should drive from Avignon to Nice or take a train instead. Has anybody driven from Avignon to Nice before, how bad is the traffic between the 2 cities in August? I am worried about heavy congestion. How long would the journey be? How much would the toll fees be if we drive in a car?

19 Answers Feb 2, 2015 at 7:39 AM
    • Taxi Company

by ExChav Online Now Jun 9, 2014 at 10:59 AM

Can anyone recommend a taxi company to take us approx. 40 km from Avignon Central Rail station to Malemort du Comtat.
      How much should this cost?

Thanks in anticipation.

1 Answer Jun 9, 2014 at 11:33 AM
    • silentfish193350's Profile Photo

Latest tips for avignons

by silentfish193350 Online Now Jun 6, 2014 at 10:08 PM

Our family (3 people) will be staying in Avignon for a few days from the third week of June. Could anyone with recent experiences suggest me to select a private tour and restaurants since we have booked hotel rooms already. With best regards. Thuy

4 Answers Jun 8, 2014 at 12:00 PM
    • aliceroberta's Profile Photo

How to get to Avignon center from TGV station at late night?

by aliceroberta Online Now May 22, 2014 at 9:56 AM

I will be arriving at the Avignon TGV station at 11pm on June 3.
      I've checked some methods to get to the city center, but they all seem to be closed before 11pm.
      Is taxi the only possible way for me to get there?

8 Answers May 23, 2014 at 5:27 AM
    • what to see around avignon ?

by pallavi.singhee Online Now May 22, 2014 at 3:18 AM

hi , we are travelling to Avignon from pairs by train . We are at Avignon for two nights in July and then go to nice for 4 nights. i would like help with the following -
      1) which places should i see near Avignon to make the most of my two day trip , should i take the day trip offered by vaitor to see the provence - it covers Baux de Provence , Pont du Gard ,st remys ,Roussillon,Gordes,Lavender Museum ( its 10 hour trip )
      2) on the day we leave avignon we were planning to hire a car to nice , and lunch at aix di provence. which route should we take . Also where should we hire our car from .
      3) in our 4 days at nice we were planning to do day trips to eze,monacco,antibies , canes and paul di vence. Any other place you think we should see?

8 Answers May 23, 2014 at 7:45 PM
    • Avignon-Old City Walls-street boundaries

by virtay Online Now Apr 19, 2014 at 9:54 PM

For a first time traveler to Avignon...we will be there next Winter. I have read that it is best to stay within the old city walls. Which street boundaries would best describe this.....just so we know when looking for accommodation.
      Also wondering what is the best way to get around Avignon in order to see as much as possible in our 5 days. We may also take the odd day trip out of Avignon.
      Any help or guidance much appreciated. Thank you,

7 Answers Apr 20, 2014 at 4:34 PM

Train for an American from Paris to Avignon

by TooTallFinn24 Online Now Apr 18, 2014 at 2:15 PM

Looking at taking the train in the fall from Paris to Avignon. In researching tickets the central French site diverts me automatically over to Rail Europe where of course the tickets are much more expensive. How would you recommend purchasing the least cost tickets on TGV I think they are called "prems," in a form that I can print them in advance.

Second, which is the best train station in Paris to catch the train to Avignon. I understand that I have the choice of Gard De Lyons or Disneyland Paris. Am I correct? Thanks for the help gang.

8 Answers Apr 19, 2014 at 7:56 PM
    • coconutwireless's Profile Photo

Tour companies

by coconutwireless Online Now Apr 13, 2014 at 2:00 PM

We will be based in Avignon last week of August and will not have a car. We would like to book a day tour to Pont Du Garde and the hill towns of Luberon.
      Suggestions and comments from those of you who have used a tour company are Welcome .
      traveling with Aloha
      the coconut wireless

3 Answers Apr 13, 2014 at 11:52 PM
    • purchasing a camera

by kaye.johnson.janda Online Now Apr 4, 2014 at 7:17 AM

Where can I purchase a decent camera in Avignon or Arles?

3 Answers Apr 4, 2014 at 8:28 AM
    • MarshaB4's Profile Photo

Souvenir shops??

by MarshaB4 Online Now Mar 24, 2014 at 10:06 PM

Suggestions on where to find the souvenirs of the area?

1 Answer Mar 25, 2014 at 12:18 AM
    • travelling to South of France

by SanLee Online Now Mar 18, 2014 at 1:20 PM

We will be flying in to Marseille, and will have 4 nights in south of France. Where is a better place to stay and move around? Marseille or Avignon?

2 Answers Mar 18, 2014 at 3:32 PM
    • Tips on accommodation, car rentals..

by s_david Online Now Mar 9, 2014 at 9:26 AM

Hello friends,
      I've crystallised my travel plans. I now plan to visit Avignon from July 12 for 7 days? Unfortunately most of the nice places seem booked. We are a family of 3. I would ideally like a b&b with common kitchen facility. From most of the tips I feel staying in the town centre would be preferable. Budget is around 150 euros per night for a room with accommodation for 3. Any suggestions would be welcome.
      Also, what are the car rental charges (approx) per day - are automatic shift cars easily available for rent?
      Thanks in advance.

7 Answers Mar 28, 2014 at 9:46 AM
    • Nemorino's Profile Photo

Vélopop bikes

by Nemorino Online Now Mar 5, 2014 at 3:01 AM

Have any of you ever used the Vélopop bikes in Avignon? Do you have any advice about them.
      Any suggestions about other places to rent/hire bicycles in Avignon?

Please answer this only if you have personal knowledge or exprience of the subject. I am perfectly capable of googling and have done so already. Thanks!

4 Answers Mar 5, 2014 at 3:33 PM
    • Lavender fields

by s_david Online Now Feb 20, 2014 at 7:05 AM

Would the lavender field be flowering in the last week of June?

8 Answers Mar 6, 2014 at 1:40 PM
    • Avignon Taxi Service

by scott.bryan Online Now Jan 1, 2014 at 8:37 PM

Is there a Taxi line at the Avignon TGV station to take tourists into the old city? What is the typical cost for a ride to the Palais de Popes?

10 Answers Jan 4, 2014 at 1:18 PM
    • coconutwireless's Profile Photo

Arriving Provence Late august, Early September

by coconutwireless Online Now Oct 18, 2013 at 11:47 AM

We have eight nights and seven full days
      We are looking at arriving in Lyon by train in the early evening. Fly into CDG on the 26th of Aug at 12;30pm and want to take the train directly to Lyon. We are thinking of spending three nights and two full days in Lyon and for the additional four days basing ourselves in either Avignon or Arles, taking one or two (schedule allowing) day and half - day trips from there.
      We realize we are going at the high and (hot) season. Which of the do you recommend (Hotel Budget, less touristic :-), convenience for taking train day trips, etc., of these two cities to use as a base?
      We plan on visiting the one we do not use for the base.
      Perhaps, there is a smaller city near either of these two that might serve as a base that you could recommend that might better meet the above criteria.
      Traveling with Aloha.
      The coconut wireless

4 Answers Dec 14, 2013 at 8:47 AM
    • Public transport to Gordes.

by Bernadetteh Online Now Aug 30, 2013 at 1:41 PM

Is it possible to do a day trip to Gordes from Avignon using public transport please?

2 Answers Aug 30, 2013 at 6:36 PM