Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• lucy321's Profile Photo

Fife coastal path

Scotland Jul 6, 2016 at 1:08 AM

Hello,

I think we will have a day trip tomorrow from Edinburgh to St. Andrews along the coast by train and bus, as per my travel question yesterday. Thanks for all the great answers. I am planning to follow Fergie's route via Dunfermline by train, then bus to st Andrews, stopping off at Anstruther and Crail.

Then two or three hours in St. Andrews, then train to Edinburgh.

How does that sound in terms of enjoyment and time feasibility? Happy to get back to Edinburgh about 8.30 or so.

Thanks,
      Lucy

more
    • sammie's Profile Photo

How to get to castle from chapel

Roslin Jul 13, 2016 at 2:37 AM

Is it possible to get to the castle from the chapel site? Or do we need to walk around the whole site and cross the river North Esk. I can not find any clear answers on the website of the Rosslyn chapel.

Thanks for your reply!

more
    • lucy321's Profile Photo

East Neuk via public transport

Scotland Jul 5, 2016 at 1:03 PM

Hello,

Im in Edinburgh until Monday, and a friend had suggested that a day to East Neuk might be nice. I don't have a car so I was wondering what the best way to go about this by bus or train might be, or whether it is too problematic and I should leave it out.

Thanks!

more
    • mcwhiting's Profile Photo

hotel glasgow

Glasgow Jun 30, 2016 at 12:57 AM

I am going to be in Glasgow from Aug 8 to Aug 12 and am trying to find a reasonable hotel for myself and my brother. We will need 2 beds and I am not sure what 2 beds per room it is called. Any good suggestions. We are planning 1 day to go on an Outlander tour and then spending time in Edinburgh. Is there a train then goes from directly from the airport in Edinburgh to Glasgow. Thanks for suggestions in advance,

Maureen

more
    • mcwhiting's Profile Photo

hotel glasgow

Glasgow Jun 30, 2016 at 12:57 AM

I am going to be in Glasgow from Aug 8 to Aug 12 and am trying to find a reasonable hotel for myself and my brother. We will need 2 beds and I am not sure what 2 beds per room it is called. Any good suggestions. We are planning 1 day to go on an Outlander tour and then spending time in Edinburgh. Is there a train then goes from directly from the airport in Edinburgh to Glasgow. Thanks for suggestions in advance,

Maureen

more
    • Aviemore to Glasgow Airport

by dcmarshall Online Now Jun 21, 2014 at 7:14 PM

I am flying to Dublin on July 23rd leaving at 2:45. I will have been staying in Aviemore and want to know how to get to the Airport as quickly as possible on the morning of July 23rd.
      Thank you for your advice.

10 Answers Jun 22, 2014 at 11:02 PM
    • afcmalta's Profile Photo

Catholic Church

by afcmalta Online Now Dec 14, 2011 at 7:53 AM

Can anyone please indicate where I can find a Catholic Church in Aviemore or in the vicinity? Many thanks

3 Answers Dec 14, 2011 at 10:01 AM
    • Pensioner - Risky or Not?

by fergilan Online Now Mar 17, 2008 at 11:29 AM

I'm travelling up to aviemore on 22nd March 2008 bringing two pensioners (83 year olds "It's too cold" "where's the tea shop") together with a typical 14 year old girl ("I'm bored!" "where's the shops" etc.) I'm now having second thoughts as everything I've read recently is "High risk for snow storms" "Great for ski-ing" I somehow doubt an 83 year old would enjoy skiing, hiking or snowboarding her way to the shops and the 14 year old doesn't want to just be stuck in the car watching the scenery go by even if she does have an i-pod to complete the "Am I boverred" attitude. Any ideas before I go completely insane trying to plan something to suit everyone?

2 Answers Mar 17, 2008 at 1:12 PM
    • Duthil Churchyare

by Helenaprice Online Now Feb 20, 2007 at 1:17 PM

Where is Duthil Churchyard and does it still exist? Thanks, Helen

1 Answer Feb 20, 2007 at 11:16 PM
    • Nice place to stay

by cathy9510usa Online Now Jan 3, 2006 at 4:18 AM

We're thinking of taking a train to Aviemore and staying overnight. Any suggestions for a good (but not overly expensive) place to stay within walking distance of the train station? Many thanks for any help you can give.

1 Answer Jan 4, 2006 at 10:13 AM