change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Englello's Profile Photo

Visiting Innsbruck in March?

Innsbruck Nov 25, 2016 at 11:42 PM

Hey all am planning a trip starting from Italy Milan 3 days in Lake como than flight to Munich spend few days and than visit Innsbruck and Salzburg by train roundtrip to Munich ?
      Is it a good idea if i am interested in snow and beautiful scenery ?? Anyone did it in this period or similar trip??
      I have at all around 10 days !
      Thx you

more
    • Travel to Innsbruck at January

Innsbruck Nov 14, 2016 at 10:20 PM

Hello
      We will fly to Zurich at 18.01 (already been in Zurich) .
      we want travel with OBB trains to Innsbruck for 1 night (we been in Innsbruck but we want to see this beautiful city in the snow) and than we will travel to Vienna with OBB trains again .
      I have some questions:
      We don't like ski so any recommend without ski will be good.
      How much it cold in innsbruck and Vienna at January?
      It will be snow in the streets in innsbruck and vienna?
      How the OBB trains service ?
      There is an option that the trains will stop working because the snow? It is usually happen?
      Thanks

more
    • Travel to Vienna at January

Vienna Nov 14, 2016 at 9:57 PM

Hello

we want travel with OBB trains to Innsbruck for 1 night (we been in Innsbruck but we want to see this beautiful city in the snow) and than we will travel to Vienna with OBB trains again .

I have some questions:

There is an option that the trains will stop working because the snow? It is usually happen?

Thanks

more
    • Penken creche

Mayrhofen Nov 14, 2016 at 3:11 AM

Has anyone used the SMT crèche on the Penken during the ski season. Looking for tips and advice for childcare for a 2yr old.

Thanks

more
    • alectrevor's Profile Photo

Distance from Wels rail station to city centre

Wels Nov 13, 2016 at 3:40 AM

How far is Wels city centre from Wels rail station? Please and Thank you.

more
    • Christmas restaurant

Innsbruck Nov 27, 2016 at 12:15 AM

Hi, I'll be in Innsbruck during Christmas and i just can't seem to find a place to eat on Christmas Eve dinner. Just a casual good restaurant that is child friendly. Can anyone suggest somewhere please??

more
    • Restaurants

Vienna Nov 24, 2016 at 10:15 AM

Can anyone recommend good restaurants in Vienna, not tourist traps. We are going there for a few days next weekend

more
    • Christmas restaurant

Innsbruck Nov 27, 2016 at 12:15 AM

Hi, I'll be in Innsbruck during Christmas and i just can't seem to find a place to eat on Christmas Eve dinner. Just a casual good restaurant that is child friendly. Can anyone suggest somewhere please??

2 Answers Nov 28, 2016 at 2:28 AM
    • Englello's Profile Photo

Visiting Innsbruck in March?

Innsbruck Nov 25, 2016 at 11:42 PM

Hey all am planning a trip starting from Italy Milan 3 days in Lake como than flight to Munich spend few days and than visit Innsbruck and Salzburg by train roundtrip to Munich ?
      Is it a good idea if i am interested in snow and beautiful scenery ?? Anyone did it in this period or similar trip??
      I have at all around 10 days !
      Thx you

• Restaurants

Vienna Nov 24, 2016 at 10:15 AM

Can anyone recommend good restaurants in Vienna, not tourist traps. We are going there for a few days next weekend

2 Answers Nov 24, 2016 at 6:32 PM
    • Travel to Innsbruck at January

Innsbruck Nov 14, 2016 at 10:20 PM

Hello
      I have some questions:
      Thanks

1 Answer Nov 15, 2016 at 12:47 AM
    • Travel to Vienna at January

Vienna Nov 14, 2016 at 9:57 PM

Hello

I have some questions:

Thanks

1 Answer Nov 15, 2016 at 3:10 AM
    • Penken creche

Mayrhofen Nov 14, 2016 at 3:11 AM

Has anyone used the SMT crèche on the Penken during the ski season. Looking for tips and advice for childcare for a 2yr old.

Thanks

• alectrevor's Profile Photo

Distance from Wels rail station to city centre

Wels Nov 13, 2016 at 3:40 AM

How far is Wels city centre from Wels rail station? Please and Thank you.

1 Answer Nov 13, 2016 at 6:16 AM
    • Carol Services in Vienna Churches in December

Vienna Oct 16, 2016 at 11:41 AM

Do churches in Vienna host free Carol Services for attendance by public before Christmas ie Friday 9th to Sunday 12th December 2016? Thanks for any info. Comelymaiden

11 Answers Oct 17, 2016 at 7:26 AM
    • 5 day Itinerary

Vienna Oct 16, 2016 at 3:31 AM

Hi we are Australians arriving by train in Vienna for the first time on 21st October. Could a local help us with suggestions for our visit.

9 Answers Oct 23, 2016 at 4:47 AM
    • JulieS26's Profile Photo

Ideas what to do in Vienna with two teenager boys

Vienna Oct 14, 2016 at 2:30 PM

Dear all,
      I am planning to visit Vienna with my two sons (13 and 15), on the last week of December, just after X-Mas. We'll be staying for a week, till after the New Year.
      Will be grateful to get any ideas on what to do during this time that may interest two teenager boys.
      Also any special New Year activities, parties, markets etc. will be wonderful.
      Thank you,
      Julie

9 Answers Oct 15, 2016 at 3:36 AM
    • Leventsert's Profile Photo

Wienna Bodensee

Vienna Sep 24, 2016 at 4:45 PM

How can I do visiting quickly from wienna to bodensee in one day? İs possible?

10 Answers Oct 7, 2016 at 7:54 AM
    • pelocan's Profile Photo

Transportation to Schonbrunn ;Palace

Vienna Sep 20, 2016 at 12:42 PM

Does anybody know that whether I can use 48 hr Vienna ticket to go to Schonbrunn Palace as well? I couldn't figure if it is in Zone 100.

7 Answers Oct 14, 2016 at 8:17 AM
    • taxis available in Krems?

Krems an der Donau Sep 16, 2016 at 11:09 AM

Considering a Danube cruise from Melk to Krems. Would like to arrange dinner in Krems before continuing to Vienna by train. How difficult is it to find taxi transport from ship terminal to Krems train station? Are taxis easily available to non-German speakers?

3 Answers Sep 17, 2016 at 1:50 PM
    • where to stay

Vienna Sep 16, 2016 at 1:27 AM

hi Everyone
      i want to know which area i should stay in vienna?
      i will be there on new year day also so where i should celebrate new year?

thanks in advance..

6 Answers Sep 17, 2016 at 4:53 AM
    • Car hire near Klagenfurt Railway Station

Klagenfurt Sep 14, 2016 at 5:10 AM

We will be travelling to Klagenfurt from Ljubljana by train in June 2017. When we arrive, we want to hire a car. Are there any car hire companies near to the railway station?

1 Answer Sep 14, 2016 at 8:59 AM
    • does google map help in transporation at vienna ?

Vienna Sep 13, 2016 at 7:44 PM

hi there,

i was checking google map to for transportation before i arrive in vienna but it gives me unreasonable root every time but when i try wienerlinien website it gives me logical root.

so since this is my first time in vienna i want to make sure is there any problem with you guys using google map for transportation ?

regards.

7 Answers Sep 15, 2016 at 2:32 AM
    • rail pass for travel Vilshofen to Vienna then to Salzburg then Thun

Austria Sep 10, 2016 at 5:24 PM

Any help available re a rail pass that would cover the above plus hopefully day trips from Thun.

2 Answers Sep 12, 2016 at 12:46 PM
    • Vishophen Port to Vienna

Vienna Sep 8, 2016 at 5:30 PM

On the 21st October we get off a cruise ship at Vishophen Port at 9am and then want to travel to Vienna.
      Any help would be appreciated. Also looking for 5 nights accommodation in Vienna if anyone knows of
      a reasonably priced hotel.

7 Answers Sep 10, 2016 at 4:59 PM
    • 72 hour metro ticket

Vienna Sep 8, 2016 at 11:36 AM

is the 72 hour metro ticket valid for 72 hours from the time you stamp it? or is it only till midnight of the 3rd day?

also, can you use it on the S7 to get to the airport?

7 Answers Sep 10, 2016 at 11:53 PM
    • Cruise Melk-Durnstein or Krems-Durnstein

Dürnstein Aug 24, 2016 at 3:09 PM

Our schedule does not allow us to cruise the Danube all the way from Melk to Krems.
      If we only have the time to cruise half the distance, which segment is the most picturesque?

5 Answers Aug 29, 2016 at 7:54 PM
    • blueangelgrace's Profile Photo

Vienna short trip

Vienna Aug 24, 2016 at 12:36 AM

Hi,

I am here again asking for your views, suggestions, and recommendations for must see places in and around Vienna for a very short trip. Will be arriving in the evening, so I guess my day will start on the the next and, leaving on afternoon on my 4th day. Basically, I have 3 full days I am very much interested to see the Beldevere Palace, St. Stephan' Cathedral and the museums, among others. Also, will it be possible to have a day trip in Budapest or Prague? What can I possibly see in a day if I do. This is only an option and I have not checked out yet.

Also, in terms of location and budget, is Motel One Hauptbahnhof a good choice? Have travelled alone in some parts of Europe and seemed okay and challenging experience. And I want to explore more! I love the culture, people and well, weather is good at this time of the year.

Looking forward for more travel tips.

Thank you.

Grace

6 Answers Sep 9, 2016 at 1:03 AM
    • Taxi in Durnstein?

Dürnstein Aug 22, 2016 at 8:26 PM

Is there a taxi service in Durnstein. We will be arriving by DDSG boat, and would like to visit a winery that is about 6-7km away, toward Spitz.

2 Answers Aug 22, 2016 at 11:18 PM
    • Benjamin08's Profile Photo

Graz to Zeltweg

Graz Aug 7, 2016 at 7:35 AM

What would be the best route to take (by bus) from Spielfeld (via Graz) to Zeltweg? I heard that there is everyday traffic jam on the highway north of Graz.
      Thank you in advance.

4 Answers Aug 7, 2016 at 11:43 AM
    • train from budapest to Vienna

Vienna Aug 6, 2016 at 11:17 AM

why does hungarian railways and Austrian railways have different arrival times?

For example
      Sept 10 depart 13:40 arrive 16:21 on Hungarian railways
      Sept 10 depart 13:40 arrive 16:37 on Austrian railways

Sept 10 depart 6:40 arrive 9:18 on Hungarian railways
      Sept 10 depart 6:40 arrive 9:34 on Austrian railways

I use these 2 websites:

jegyvasarlas.mav-start.hu/eT...
      fahrplan.oebb.at/bin/query.e...

3 Answers Aug 13, 2016 at 12:00 PM
    • LudaMel's Profile Photo

Hotels in Vienna

Vienna Aug 5, 2016 at 9:21 AM

Which hotel should I choose Der Wilhelmshof or Continental Pension? as far as location and quality. Or if you have any other hotel recommendation. Thank you in advance

3 Answers Aug 31, 2016 at 4:05 AM
    • 4 days trip to austria

Austria Jul 23, 2016 at 1:48 PM

Hi all,

we(me and my wife) live in Holland and want to travel to Austria for 4 days from Wednesday night till Sunday evening,
      We need help to plan our trip, we like to see nice scenic views and need to enjoy and relax these 4 days.
      Any recommendations apart from Austria would also be nice.

2 Answers Jul 25, 2016 at 1:44 PM
    • lvoss's Profile Photo

Music in Vienna--other than formal concerts

Vienna Jul 18, 2016 at 6:57 AM

I will be spending a few days in Vienna next month and would like to find a restaurant and/or bar with easy listening music--even piano music perhaps featuring Frank Sinatra, Nat King Cole, Bing Crosby, or "quiet/dreamy" artists. Or even traditional Austrian music without the "touristy" vibe. Is anybody familiar with such a place with a charming atmosphere? Thank you in advance. Linda

1 Answer Jul 18, 2016 at 7:59 AM
    • lvoss's Profile Photo

Things to do in/around Leibnitz

Leibnitz Jul 18, 2016 at 6:55 AM

I will be spending one day/night in Leibnitz in August. Any suggestions as to what to see/do? Does anybody know whether or not there is wine tasting in Schloss Seggau? Is the wine cellar worth visiting? What is a good place to eat Austrian cuisine? Any suggestions for a quaint/gemütlich Buschenschank that I could walk to? I will not have a car. Thanks.
      Linda

1 Answer Jul 18, 2016 at 7:40 AM
    • Help - charter flights

Vienna Jul 13, 2016 at 5:18 PM

Please, can you advice me any good websites for buying charter flights? I need to buy a return direct flight from Vienna to Antalya between 20th of July and 2nd of August 2016 and its impossible to find a direct one. Thanks for your help.

1 Answer Jul 14, 2016 at 1:00 AM
    • how much time I need to catch a train

Vienna Jul 11, 2016 at 7:38 PM

I have a flight from dubrovnik to Vienna
      arriving Vienna at 4:25 PM.
      Then I want to transfer to a high speed train VIE-> Dubrovnik
      There are trains leaving Vienna at
      7:25 PM
      8:25 PM

would I have enough time to catch the 7:25 PM train? I am an american citizen so would probably need to go thru customs at the airport when I arrive in Vienna.

6 Answers Jul 15, 2016 at 8:37 AM