Austria

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Taxi in Durnstein?

Dürnstein 22 hours ago

Is there a taxi service in Durnstein. We will be arriving by DDSG boat, and would like to visit a winery that is about 6-7km away, toward Spitz.

more
    • LudaMel's Profile Photo

Hotels in Vienna

Vienna Aug 5, 2016 at 9:21 AM

Which hotel should I choose Der Wilhelmshof or Continental Pension? as far as location and quality. Or if you have any other hotel recommendation. Thank you in advance

more
    • train from budapest to Vienna

Vienna Aug 6, 2016 at 11:17 AM

why does hungarian railways and Austrian railways have different arrival times?

For example
      Sept 10 depart 13:40 arrive 16:21 on Hungarian railways
      Sept 10 depart 13:40 arrive 16:37 on Austrian railways

Sept 10 depart 6:40 arrive 9:18 on Hungarian railways
      Sept 10 depart 6:40 arrive 9:34 on Austrian railways

I use these 2 websites:

jegyvasarlas.mav-start.hu/eT...
      fahrplan.oebb.at/bin/query.e...

more
    • Benjamin08's Profile Photo

Graz to Zeltweg

Graz Aug 7, 2016 at 7:35 AM

What would be the best route to take (by bus) from Spielfeld (via Graz) to Zeltweg? I heard that there is everyday traffic jam on the highway north of Graz.
      Thank you in advance.

more
    • Taxi in Durnstein?

Dürnstein 22 hours ago

Is there a taxi service in Durnstein. We will be arriving by DDSG boat, and would like to visit a winery that is about 6-7km away, toward Spitz.

2 Answers 19 hours ago
    • Benjamin08's Profile Photo

Graz to Zeltweg

Graz Aug 7, 2016 at 7:35 AM

What would be the best route to take (by bus) from Spielfeld (via Graz) to Zeltweg? I heard that there is everyday traffic jam on the highway north of Graz.
      Thank you in advance.

4 Answers Aug 7, 2016 at 11:43 AM
    • train from budapest to Vienna

Vienna Aug 6, 2016 at 11:17 AM

why does hungarian railways and Austrian railways have different arrival times?

For example
      Sept 10 depart 13:40 arrive 16:21 on Hungarian railways
      Sept 10 depart 13:40 arrive 16:37 on Austrian railways

Sept 10 depart 6:40 arrive 9:18 on Hungarian railways
      Sept 10 depart 6:40 arrive 9:34 on Austrian railways

I use these 2 websites:

jegyvasarlas.mav-start.hu/eT...
      fahrplan.oebb.at/bin/query.e...

3 Answers Aug 13, 2016 at 12:00 PM
    • LudaMel's Profile Photo

Hotels in Vienna

Vienna Aug 5, 2016 at 9:21 AM

Which hotel should I choose Der Wilhelmshof or Continental Pension? as far as location and quality. Or if you have any other hotel recommendation. Thank you in advance

2 Answers Aug 15, 2016 at 1:16 AM
    • 4 days trip to austria

Austria Jul 23, 2016 at 1:48 PM

Hi all,

we(me and my wife) live in Holland and want to travel to Austria for 4 days from Wednesday night till Sunday evening,
      We need help to plan our trip, we like to see nice scenic views and need to enjoy and relax these 4 days.
      Any recommendations apart from Austria would also be nice.

2 Answers Jul 25, 2016 at 1:44 PM
    • lvoss's Profile Photo

Music in Vienna--other than formal concerts

Vienna Jul 18, 2016 at 6:57 AM

I will be spending a few days in Vienna next month and would like to find a restaurant and/or bar with easy listening music--even piano music perhaps featuring Frank Sinatra, Nat King Cole, Bing Crosby, or "quiet/dreamy" artists. Or even traditional Austrian music without the "touristy" vibe. Is anybody familiar with such a place with a charming atmosphere? Thank you in advance. Linda

1 Answer Jul 18, 2016 at 7:59 AM
    • lvoss's Profile Photo

Things to do in/around Leibnitz

Leibnitz Jul 18, 2016 at 6:55 AM

I will be spending one day/night in Leibnitz in August. Any suggestions as to what to see/do? Does anybody know whether or not there is wine tasting in Schloss Seggau? Is the wine cellar worth visiting? What is a good place to eat Austrian cuisine? Any suggestions for a quaint/gemütlich Buschenschank that I could walk to? I will not have a car. Thanks.
      Linda

1 Answer Jul 18, 2016 at 7:40 AM
    • Help - charter flights

Vienna Jul 13, 2016 at 5:18 PM

Please, can you advice me any good websites for buying charter flights? I need to buy a return direct flight from Vienna to Antalya between 20th of July and 2nd of August 2016 and its impossible to find a direct one. Thanks for your help.

1 Answer Jul 14, 2016 at 1:00 AM
    • how much time I need to catch a train

Vienna Jul 11, 2016 at 7:38 PM

I have a flight from dubrovnik to Vienna
      arriving Vienna at 4:25 PM.
      Then I want to transfer to a high speed train VIE-> Dubrovnik
      There are trains leaving Vienna at
      7:25 PM
      8:25 PM

would I have enough time to catch the 7:25 PM train? I am an american citizen so would probably need to go thru customs at the airport when I arrive in Vienna.

6 Answers Jul 15, 2016 at 8:37 AM
    • Traveling from Slovakia to Austria

Austria Jul 2, 2016 at 11:34 PM

Hi,

In August we (a late 20s couple) are traveling from Bratislava to Vienna to Salzburg. Do you think we should take a train or a bus? Also, do you have any recommendations on which train or bus company and if the tickets should be purchased in advance?

Many thanks for your assistance :)
      Rachel

2 Answers Jul 3, 2016 at 3:23 AM
    • bogomil's Profile Photo

STB tickets

Innsbruck Jun 30, 2016 at 6:29 AM

Hello,
      I will be staying in Mutters and will use STB tram to travel to the city. How I can buy tickets? Are they available inside or I need to buy them in advance?

Thanks,
      Bogo

1 Answer Jul 1, 2016 at 12:30 AM
    • JohannP's Profile Photo

Hotel location in Vienna

Vienna Jun 29, 2016 at 8:40 AM

Good day

We will be in Vienna from 1 July to 6 July 2016. We prefer to stay in apartments and would like to be within walking distance of central Vienna and restaurants.

I found this Apart Hotel: Starlight Suiten Hotel Wien Heumarkt. Address: Salesianergasse 2, 03. Landstraße, 1030 Vienna, Austria.

Can you please advise whether this a good location for our requirements listed above.

Regards

Johann

4 Answers Jun 30, 2016 at 8:35 PM
    • Tickets for the Ronacher Theatre

Austria Jun 23, 2016 at 2:48 AM

Hi, anyone know the direct email address for booking "cheap tickets" for the Ronacher Theatre. i.e. How do I book a seat behind a pillar!! Thanks, Comelymaiden

3 Answers Jul 14, 2016 at 2:17 PM
    • TRAVEL PLAN

Vienna Jun 22, 2016 at 11:48 AM

In September we will visit Vienna for 9 days we also plan to go to Budapest and Prague But who knows Vienna and around What would you suggest How do we need to make a planning we planned Vienna - Budapest - Prague- Vienna But is the right type of route We will fly to and depart from Vienna but while we are there we want to visit other countries Can you give us idea and info about high speed trains , ticket prices..
      Thank you so much in advance

8 Answers Jul 28, 2016 at 8:42 AM
    • Travel to semmering

Semmering Jun 15, 2016 at 1:23 PM

I wanted to know are there any day trip operators for semmering from Vienna.
      My plan is to make a day trip to semmering by train.please suggest a good itenary which contains how to choose train where to buy tickets wat attraction are there in simmering also the time of journey from Vienna to semmering

2 Answers Jun 16, 2016 at 1:04 AM
    • Beethoven/ Mozart manuscripts

Vienna Jun 10, 2016 at 3:57 PM

Where are original Beethoven or Mozart manuscripts open for public view?

9 Answers Jun 12, 2016 at 7:00 AM
    • Audio Guides

Austria Jun 8, 2016 at 10:14 PM

Has anyone used audio guides to navigate through areas of interest in Vienna and Salzburg. There are quite a few apps such as Pocket Guide, Rick Steeves Audio Walk, Gretl Goes Vienna, My Vienna etc. that have some pretty good walks that last about an hour or two.

Would appreciate any reviews I can find. Thanks!

1 Answer Jun 9, 2016 at 11:43 AM
    • Can I buy a ticket from Oswiecim (Auschwitz) to Bratislava from Vienna station ?

Vienna Jun 6, 2016 at 10:40 PM

Can I purchase a ticket from Oswiecim (Auschwitz) to Bratislava from Vienna station ? I cannot order it online because I am travelling soon, I am not spending any nights in Poland.

Please suggest, thanks !

1 Answer Jun 15, 2016 at 1:31 AM
    • Non-smoking restaurants

Vienna Jun 6, 2016 at 5:13 PM

Can anyone recommend restaurants in Vienna that are completely smoke-free?
      How about coffee houses?

Thank you

2 Answers Jun 7, 2016 at 2:54 AM
    • Salzburg in December

Salzburg May 28, 2016 at 5:20 AM

Is one day enough in Salzburg in Decembe??

8 Answers Jun 19, 2016 at 6:19 PM
    • Klagenfurt in December

Klagenfurt May 28, 2016 at 5:05 AM

Is one day enough in Klagenfurt in December?

3 Answers May 28, 2016 at 11:34 AM
    • Hallstatt to the Salzburg airport (SZG)

Hallstatt May 27, 2016 at 9:02 AM

How do I get from Hallstatt to the Salzburg airport (SZG). We need to catch a flight at 2:30pm on a July Saturday. How do we get there? How much would it cost? How long do we have to allow for the transfer?

2 Answers May 27, 2016 at 9:22 AM
    • pepemorris11's Profile Photo

From Seefeld in Tirol to Bratislava

Austria May 17, 2016 at 5:32 AM

I'll be in Seefeld in Tirol in September and will be heading to Bratislava by train. I bought one of those Eurorail single country pass just for Austria.
      1) Can I buy the section from Vienna to Bratislava on the train? Or from the ticket seller at Seefeld?
      2) Anybody has any idea how much it would cost?
      3) Also is it better to take a bus instead of a train to Bratislava from Vienna in terms of scenery?
      4) I guess I can cover Bratislava in a day or two so does anyone have any good suggestions for exploring deeper into Slovakia using Bratislava as a base?
      5) Oh yes, how do you pronounce the name of the train station at Bratislava? can't seem to get my tongue around it

Appreciate whatever suggestions

Keep safe

Jocelyn

5 Answers Jun 28, 2016 at 4:14 AM
    • Linse's Profile Photo

Breakfast?

Vienna May 17, 2016 at 1:02 AM

Hi
      Can anyone recommend a good place for breakfast near statsoper which opens early?
      Also around Stephansplatz?

4 Answers May 21, 2016 at 4:23 AM
    • Vienna concert

Vienna May 11, 2016 at 12:06 AM

HI,
      On the 26th there will be a concert in schoenbrunn and on the site they advised that line U4 is going to be closed.
      so what is the easy way to get there from Center Vienna?
      thanks

4 Answers May 11, 2016 at 12:33 AM
    • ReemM's Profile Photo

A Month in Austria

Austria May 7, 2016 at 1:30 PM

Hello, I will be in Graz next November, and I will be staying for a months.
      Can anyone tell me what's the cheapest accommodations present.
      I will be working in the Graz University of medicine, so any close apartments or rooms will be fine.

Any advice on how to spend this whole month in Graz and the places around?

1 Answer May 8, 2016 at 2:08 AM
    • Appropriate clothing

Mayrhofen May 1, 2016 at 11:39 PM

We are travelling to Europe for the first time ever in July ( and we are in our late 50's). Really need to know what to bring clothing wise while staying in Mayrhofen at that time. We will go up the mountains to see and hopefully touch the snow as that is an experience we have never had. I know it is summer time there but summer to us at home is 40 degrees celcius. Can you outline what we will need please.

6 Answers May 2, 2016 at 6:00 PM
    • piglet44's Profile Photo

Meet up next week?

Vienna Apr 30, 2016 at 4:58 AM

Hello guten tag to everyone. WE will be in Vienna May 2-9 if anyone wants to meet up for coffee, chat, or walk. We don't like to just be tourists, we like to meet locals. Have a good weekend.

1 Answer Apr 30, 2016 at 7:51 AM
    • mispar7's Profile Photo

Krimmler + Hintertuxer

Austria Apr 29, 2016 at 8:23 AM

Does it make sense to do both locations with kids by car in one day living in Huttau?

8 Answers May 1, 2016 at 11:06 AM
    • Best place to swim and why?

Sankt Gilgen Apr 27, 2016 at 5:14 PM

1. Where is the (walkable from village) best swimming in /nr St Gilgen for an afternoon - comfortable, shallow and safe with amenities and more natural spots?
      2. Your favourite lakeside restaurants, and ones with amazing lakeside views further up in the town?
      3. Other unusual tips for a Summer 10-day visit (no car)?

Thanks fellow St Gilgen fans!