Travel Answers
Australia

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• zaffaran's Profile Photo

How to get to 790 George Street, Haymarket?

Sydney Nov 27, 2016 at 1:25 PM

Dear friends,
      can anyone tell me how to get to Backpackers from the airport by public transport? We'll be quite on a budget and a bit tired after a 23-hour-long journey and wouldn't like to wander around. ;-)
      Thanks a lot for your help,
      Anita

5 Answers Nov 28, 2016 at 3:24 AM
    • Motorhome in Sydney

Sydney Nov 23, 2016 at 6:04 AM

Where can I stand with a motorhome in sydney for a couple days around new years eve ?
      Thx in advance

1 Answer Nov 23, 2016 at 8:48 PM
    • Bring strawberry to phil.

Australia Nov 11, 2016 at 3:55 PM

Hi, im going back to the Philippines next week, im here in Australia, i want to know if i can bring a strawberry from australia going to Philippines?

2 Answers Nov 12, 2016 at 10:01 AM
    • Toddler & baby friendly accommodations

Port Douglas Nov 8, 2016 at 3:05 PM

Hello! We are looking to spend a week in a resort located anywhere from Cairns to Port Douglas. We will have a three year old and a ten month old. Ideally, it would be good to stay in an apartment with a swim out pool frontage so that we can swim and relax whilst the kids are napping. The Sea Temple is a bit on the expensive side, but the Mantra and the Oaks resorts (Port Doug) don't look brilliant.

Does anyone have any other solutions please? Many thanks!

4 Answers Nov 9, 2016 at 1:50 PM
    • What is best way to get to cruise ship terminal from Adelaide Downtown

Adelaide Nov 8, 2016 at 12:19 PM

With two large suitcases would you be able to use train. Is there a shuttle bus or have to use taxi.

2 Answers Nov 8, 2016 at 9:38 PM
    • BobWaldman's Profile Photo

Itinerary help

Australia Nov 1, 2016 at 10:12 AM

Hi. We need your advice. We'll arrive in Melbourne on January 21 after spending 18 days in New Zealand. We're booked for 4 days in Melbourne and we'll be staying in Sydney for 4 days until February 5, when we leave for home. Need advice on where to spend the intervening 7 days. We can drive or fly or a combination of both. We're thinking of spending 3 days in Wilson's Prom or the Mornington Peninsula and 2 days in Jervis Bay However, we're open to other destinations. We like spectacular scenery and beautiful swimming beaches. By the way accommodations are sparse in Wilson's Prom. Thank you for your help.

8 Answers Nov 27, 2016 at 8:10 PM
    • No Question Title

Australia Oct 18, 2016 at 4:05 PM

where would we obtain an opal card for our travels in australia can you use it state to state and what is the cost many thanks

8 Answers Oct 19, 2016 at 5:31 PM
    • Great Barrier Reef - base location

Cairns Oct 18, 2016 at 1:50 AM

Hi - I'm travelling to Cairns for 5 days in the last week of December. This is the last leg of my holiday in Australia and we will be returning to London from Cairns. We are family of 3 with a 11 year old. We are interested in snorkelling and scuba diving in the outer reef and may be some watersports. Not keen on rainforest etc. I'm struggling to find a good base for the GBR exploration. Do I stay in Cairns and take one of the tours (will make it easier flight-wise) or do I stay in one of the beach resorts? Budget isn't a big consideration and a luxury option would be just fine. Many thanks for your help.

7 Answers Nov 9, 2016 at 2:55 PM
    • EVISITOR AUSTRALIA STUCK (651)... ANY ADVISE PLEASE ?

Australia Oct 17, 2016 at 11:16 PM

Hi all,

Here's my problem.
      I applied on the 2nd of October for an eVisitor visa class 651 to Australia, after have spent a year there through a WHV (which expired the 28th of September).
      I've been waiting over two weeks so far for a process which seems smouth and quick.. I'd like to know if there is any way to accelerate it cause it started to be way more expensive than expected.
      Indeed I had to buy a flight back to Cairns when I left there on the 25th of September. This flight was on the 14th of October so I've already pushed it away once to this 21st. Moreover being now in Indonesia, my visa here will expired soon and I would have to pay to extend it if I still don't receive any answer..
      I've email few times the office in charge of the application, asked if there were any issues or unexpected delays, no answers.
      I've called the department in Hobart and have been told that they can't help me.
      I've check heaps of website and posts without finding any real solution for this problem..
      I would be so grateful if anyone can help me out with this and give me a solution. For example a successful way to contact them, a try to apply for an other evistor visa, anything actually.
      I start to be really worried and frustrated about that, and don't want to have to extend my stay in Indonesia or have to pay more to change my flight.

Thanks guys !

3 Answers Oct 18, 2016 at 7:54 PM
    • travel insurance

Australia Oct 13, 2016 at 2:31 PM

any recommendations for travel insurance for a trip (30 days) to australia?

4 Answers Oct 15, 2016 at 1:37 PM
    • GracesTrips's Profile Photo

Great Barrier Reef

State of Queensland Oct 1, 2016 at 7:59 AM

I am very interested in snorkeling (not scuba diving) the Great Barrier Reef. So far, I know the better time of the year would be between May and October. Does anyone know, specifically, when the best month to visit is? I'm concerned if there is any particular time when it's more dangerous such as more sharks are in the area because the water temperature changes. Thanks for your help!

11 Answers Oct 10, 2016 at 3:58 PM
    • TheTravelSlut's Profile Photo

New Years Eve Hotel/Home/AirBnB viewing vantage point recommendations

Sydney Sep 28, 2016 at 9:22 PM

I'll be with 4 other American adults the week prior to and a few days after New Years in Sydney and there primarily for the New Years celebration.

We are most interested in ideas for viewing the fireworks---preferably from a balcony of a high rise hotel, condominium or home. I would be happy to spend the week outside the CBD or Sydney proper except for New Years Eve where I would not mind splurging on a prime viewing accomodation for one or two nights.

Any suggestions outside the ordinary would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

9 Answers Oct 19, 2016 at 4:26 PM
    • poepat's Profile Photo

KANGAROO ISLAND HELP PLEASE

Adelaide Sep 27, 2016 at 10:13 AM

Hi all, we are looking to spend a few days on Kangaroo Island in February next year before we drive to Melbourne.
      We probably will be taking the ferry to the island.
      We would love to spend some time on a working farm, any suggestions would be gratefully received.
      Also, where's the best place to stay,,,, Good bed and Breakfast accommodation...
      Things we must do and see.... ideally we love beaches, wildlife and eating n drinking... All suggestions will be really appreciated...
      Many Thanks and happy traveling
      POEPAT

3 Answers Sep 30, 2016 at 8:26 AM
    • poepat's Profile Photo

DAYS ON KANGAROO ISLAND, WHERE TO STAY ETC

Kangaroo Island Sep 27, 2016 at 10:13 AM

Hi all, we are looking to spend a few days on Kangaroo Island in February next year before we drive to Melbourne.
      We probably will be taking the ferry to the island.
      We would love to spend some time on a working farm, any suggestions would be gratefully received.
      Also, where's the best place to stay,,,, Good bed and Breakfast accommodation...
      Things we must do and see.... ideally we love beaches, wildlife and eating n drinking... All suggestions will be really appreciated...
      Many Thanks and happy traveling
      POEPAT

1 Answer Sep 29, 2016 at 12:01 AM
    • poepat's Profile Photo

ADELAIDE TO MELBOURNE VIA GREAT OCEAN ROAD

Melbourne Sep 26, 2016 at 11:41 AM

So plans have hanged a little bit... We now are planning to arrive in Adelaide by air early February 2016. We then want to drive to Melbourne on the coast route via the Great Ocean Road..
      We really aren't sure how many days to take or which towns are the best for overnight stays...
      We are still really flexible on this part of our travels...
      Any recommendations please, in particular how many days to make the journey, best overnight towns to stay and must sees on the route..
      happy travellin
      POEPAT

6 Answers Oct 25, 2016 at 6:23 AM
    • poepat's Profile Photo

ADELAIDE TO MELBOURNE VIE GREAT OCEAN ROAD

Adelaide Sep 26, 2016 at 11:39 AM

So plans have hanged a little bit... We now are planning to arrive in Adelaide by air early February 2016. We then want to drive to Melbourne on the coast route via the Great Ocean Road..
      We really aren't sure how many days to take or which towns are the best for overnight stays...
      We are still really flexible on this part of our travels...
      Any recommendations please, in particular how many days to make the journey, best overnight towns to stay and must sees on the route..
      happy travellin
      POEPAT

2 Answers Oct 10, 2016 at 3:06 AM
    • Holiday Budget

Perth Sep 21, 2016 at 12:54 PM

Hi, we are a family of 3 traveling to Perth from SOuth Africa in Dec for 1 month. We'll be living with family and won't be shopping much. I would like to know how much we should budget for spending money. Mostly to see sights, theme parks etc. Thank you.

4 Answers Sep 22, 2016 at 12:47 AM
    • bckl2255's Profile Photo

North of Perth

Perth Sep 21, 2016 at 12:02 AM

Which town north of Perth will make a good base to do self drive day trips? Any recommendations? Family/Friends trip with car in Dec 2016. Will do north of Perth for about 4-5 days.
      Thanks

5 Answers Oct 27, 2016 at 2:41 PM
    • help with travel plans hervey bay to sydney

Sydney Sep 20, 2016 at 4:25 PM

Doing a road trip family of 5 . From port macquerie i would like to visit hunter valley ( but seems to be very expensive !) THEN 2 nights in Blue mountains, two nights in Sydney...got fab deal. Just rather stressed about driving to Hyde park from blue mountains !!
      After sydney we have 5 nights to get back to brisbane.
      Where to then ? port stephens, or central coast ?
      Perhaps we should do HUnter on way back and port stehens way down ?
      Ideally i would have liked a base in central coast to visit sydney , via boat ot train...any suggestions ? at a stalemate with my plans now ....

7 Answers Oct 10, 2016 at 3:08 PM
    • Travel with a Cause

State of Tasmania Sep 16, 2016 at 8:34 PM

May I know what's the feedback for this Travel Agency? Trusted? I'm intend to book a ferry ticket of Spirit of Tasmania. Any good suggestion?

2 Answers Sep 16, 2016 at 9:14 PM
    • Is it a good time to go Tasmania in April 2017

Tasmania Sep 14, 2016 at 12:15 AM

Is my first time going to Tasmania, is April a good time ? Or any suggested month? What is the attraction during the period of April? 4 Senior Member travelling, no hiking or tough activities

13 Answers Sep 16, 2016 at 5:45 AM
    • Bank choosing

Australia Sep 12, 2016 at 10:46 PM

Hi everyone! I have some questions. I’d like to open a bank account in Australia.
      Someone told me only two banks wouldn’t charge monthly account fee which are NAB and ING DIRECT. NAB is common used bank and reliable one, but I’ve heard the interest rate has dropped and only remain 2%.
      According to the page my friend sent to me about ING DIRECT
      ing177.wordpress.com/2016/09...
      The interest rate is 2.75%. Opening account now I can get $75 cash as well seems better than NAB which is really convincing. But none of my friends surrounding me ever open accounts in this bank. So…..I don’t know…..What do you guys think? Has anyone open this bank account before? What would you suggest me to do? Or maybe I should open both?

3 Answers Sep 13, 2016 at 8:11 PM
    • What Are The Best PLaces To Stay Near Bondi Beach?

Sydney Sep 11, 2016 at 9:18 PM

I ant to know what would be the best places to stay at in or near Bondi Beach, in Sydney, Australia? My wife and I are coming to Australia for our second trip to there in our marriage. We stay near Central Train Station last time, but want to be near Bondi Beach or Coogee Beach this time, if possible. We can pay up to $250 a night. We prefer services apartments, but hotels are also fine.

2 Answers Sep 16, 2016 at 9:04 AM
    • DaHongHua's Profile Photo

Airport Tax ?

Australia Sep 9, 2016 at 7:45 PM

Next month, I will travel to Australia, Sydney is the city I landed. A few days later, I will take a domestic flight to Melbourne. My next international departure is from Melbourne Tullamarine Int. Airport.
      My question : Do I need to pay any airport tax ? if yes, how much ?
      Thank you.

2 Answers Sep 10, 2016 at 3:53 AM
    • TheTravelSlut's Profile Photo

Mobile phone option for visiting Americans for Australia & New Zealand?

Australia Sep 9, 2016 at 3:03 PM

Adding international data, text, phone to my existing US-based Verizon phone costs US$10/day plus $1.79 per minute for incoming calls so that is not practical.

I'm looking for suggestions from other travelers to Australia & New Zealand as to what mobile phone and/or service they would recommend for long term (3-5 months) use that would provide unlimited text, phone and data and whether I should see a SIM card or just buy a phone and inform my contacts of my new Australian number.

Any recommendations appreciated. Thanks in advance.

2 Answers Sep 10, 2016 at 3:58 AM
    • What does a bus charter services cost??

Sydney Sep 6, 2016 at 1:27 AM

Hi everyone. Have a big group and so looking to hire a 40-seater bus and a driver for a couple of days when we visit Sydney. We are planning to do day trips out of Sydney as well Canberra city..Any Recommendations?

Thank you in advance.

2 Answers Sep 6, 2016 at 9:56 PM
    • margsch's Profile Photo

Bus stops

Sydney Sep 3, 2016 at 10:29 PM

Hi there Sydneysiders, if I catch a bus to Mosman are the stops displayed or announced? And do I swipe the Opal card before boarding the bus?

8 Answers Sep 9, 2016 at 12:50 AM
    • What temperature highs would u expect in late October?

Hamelin Bay Aug 20, 2016 at 7:19 AM

Hi
      Is it swim weather?
      Are the Rays around this time of year?
      Cheers
      K

4 Answers Aug 28, 2016 at 12:12 AM
    • Car rental for Litchfield

Darwin Aug 19, 2016 at 7:16 PM

Hi we are 2 fir well travelled seniors - on a budget. Tour prices seem a bit expensive for us so we have hired a well priced rental car Hyundai i20. Does this seem an OK car for our self drive to Litchfield. Presumably all of the roads including in the park are sealed. Thanks. Margaret

3 Answers Aug 20, 2016 at 3:39 AM
    • Getting a job

Australia Aug 15, 2016 at 8:41 AM

My son has just applied for an Australian Visa, he has no job or place to stay (has 4 friends somewhere in Australia). What should he do first before he buys his plane ticket?
      -open a bank account that is available both at home and in Australia?
      -set up a job before he gets there? (my preference of course)

HELP!!!

9 Answers Aug 25, 2016 at 9:54 AM