change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• kathymof's Profile Photo

First time in Oslo - what area to stay in

Oslo Nov 11, 2016 at 1:10 PM

Hi. I am planning a one week trip to Oslo and would like your help in choosing an area to stay in. I plan to rent an apartment. I would like for it to be near good transportation and/or to be within walking distance of major tourist destinations/attractions such as museums, historical sites, interesting neighborhoods, architecture, that kind of thing. It appears there is lots to see and do so I am assuming I can keep busy for a week - is this correct?

more
    • fasterdog's Profile Photo

Tour from Alesund to Runde Island

Ålesund Nov 6, 2016 at 4:33 AM

Does anyone know of a coach or bus tour from Alesund to Runde Island during May? I mean by coach or bus, not by boat. I am keen to see the bird life on the island and prefer an organised tour rather than hiring a car.

Also, is May a good time to go to Runde Island, considering the season for breeding, hatching, etc? I have read that some trails are closed at certain times of the year. I am flexible with my dates for travel.

more
    • should i rent a car in tromso?

Tromsø Dec 1, 2016 at 4:07 PM

i am going to travel in december with my girl friend, which mean only two of us. So, should i rent a car or taking buses? if i rented a car, i can stay more far away from city centre of tromso, but would it be expensive for two person to rent a car?

more
    • fasterdog's Profile Photo

Day Trip to Jostedalsbreen Glacier

Sogn og Fjordane Dec 2, 2016 at 12:17 PM

I am keen to go to Jostedalsbreen Glacier, or another glacier if there is a better option in the same region of Norway.

On Jostedalsbreen Glacier it seems there are a few choices of places to go to, such as Briksdalsbreen and Nigardsbreen, and there are also different options such as just look or do a guided walk.

I found a bus which goes from Stryn, Loen and Olden to the Briksdalsbreen Glacier, so I can do a day trip this way.

visitnorway.com/listings/gla...

This means I can get to the bottom of a glacier, and I have 2 1/2 hours to walk around, and it is a very reasonable price.

But what are my other options?

Are there any other accessible glaciers in the region which I should consider?
      How much would a guided walk cost, where would I have to go to do the walk, and who offers these walks?

I won't have a car, so I am limited by where buses or tours go to.

Any guidance on this would be very much appreciated.

more

Popular Aust-Agder Travel Answer Locations

• Arendal to city center

Arendal Jun 18, 2014 at 10:08 AM

How do I get to city center from Arendal cruise dock using public transportation?

1 Answer Jun 20, 2014 at 1:57 AM
    • Arendal to city center

Arendal Jun 18, 2014 at 10:08 AM

How do I get to city center using public transportation?

1 Answer Nov 11, 2014 at 10:06 AM
    • GETTING TO CITY CENTER

Arendal Jun 11, 2014 at 9:02 PM

Arriving Gothenborg and docking at Arendal. how do I get to the city center from Arendal using public transportation?

1 Answer Jun 12, 2014 at 12:46 AM
    • Cost of train or bus from Arendal to Oslo

Arendal Jun 1, 2014 at 2:51 PM

Which is less $ ? the Train or Bus to Oslo? And do we need to make a reservation. We will not have a Euro pass.
      Shirley Ramse

2 Answers Jun 3, 2014 at 9:15 AM
    • mcostique's Profile Photo

first-time traveller

Arendal Aug 27, 2013 at 6:58 AM

Hi, I am travelling from Arendal to Stavanger and I have to transfer a train in Nelaug within 7 minutes. Is there only one train station in Nelaug? Is the train from Nelaug to Stavanger just waits there?

2 Answers Aug 27, 2013 at 3:11 PM
    • rentedcow's Profile Photo

Buses From Oslo?

Arendal Jun 11, 2013 at 3:28 AM

Any suggestions on bus companies from Oslo to Arendal? Thank you !

3 Answers Jun 26, 2013 at 8:54 AM
    • Transport from Oslo to Arendal vs Gotenberg, Sweden to Arendal

Arendal Apr 17, 2012 at 7:26 AM

Due to air issues may arrive in Oslo late at night 10:25 pm at the airport. Concerned that train,bus or boat to Arendal is impossible that late? Any tips?

Maybe it is easier or closer to fly in from Chicago to Gotenberg in the afternoon? Any advice & costs for either?

Thanks Linda A Norwegian American

• Transport to Lillesand

Lillesand Aug 6, 2011 at 6:12 AM

Hi!
      Could you tell, please, are there any regular publica transport connections from Oslo to Lillesand, and from Lillesand to Kristiansand?
      I am planning a trip in southern Norway in mid- August and would like to see as much as possible of this area. Could you suggest any routes? Where can I find good beaches and good accomodation?

1 Answer Aug 10, 2011 at 3:16 PM
    • paultibet's Profile Photo

Bus Prices

Arendal Jan 2, 2010 at 6:25 PM

I was wondering the Bus cost and Train cost from Oslo to Arendal?
      Thanks for your help!

2 Answers Jan 2, 2010 at 7:20 PM
    • Boat travel from Oslo to Arendal

Arendal Dec 8, 2009 at 3:32 PM

Hi, I am planning a trip from Australia to Arendal to visit a cousin. I am comi ng via Oslo and have heard there is a boat service to Arendal. Can you tell me the web site or something about it including cost and booking arrangements so I can check it out? Alternatively is it better to come from Kristiansand by bus ?

3 Answers Dec 19, 2009 at 12:19 PM