VirtualTourist.com will close on Feb 27th.

Please save any personal content and exchange contact info with other members you’d like to stay in touch with. Thank you for your contributions to the VirtualTourist community.

Travel Answers
Ascot

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Meeting passengers transferring flights at Heathrow

by GarethmtB Online Now Jul 31, 2015 at 2:28 AM

My daughter is flying in to Terminal 4 and then taking the Flight Connections free bus to Terminal 3 where her flight takes off 3 hours later. Am I right in assuming I will be able to meet her in Departures at T3 for a while before she then has to go back through security and flies back to the USA?

Thank you!

4 Answers Aug 1, 2015 at 12:53 PM
    • Recommendations for Ascot race day

by JoeBerry Online Now Feb 28, 2014 at 6:33 AM

I am going to Ascot races in June and would like to book something for before and after the races...champagne breakfast and evening music...or just the evening music. Any recommendations please?

1 Answer Mar 1, 2014 at 3:40 AM
    • Where to stay near Ascot, Berkshire

by lisselleC Online Now Apr 24, 2013 at 12:11 PM

Hi
      My boyfriend has a business meeting in Ascot next month and I was planning to tag along. The plan is to travel down from our home in Yorkshire on Sunday and return on Tuesday afternoon (his meeting is on Monday), Where would be the best place to base ourselves? Is Ascot nice or would we be better suited to somewhere like Windsor. I need you advice as I am unfamiliar with the area. We will be travelling by car, we like to experience a little luxury when we go away, but we are by no means 'loaded'.
      Looking forward to your guidance
      Thanks
      Lisselle

7 Answers May 4, 2013 at 4:31 AM
    • iaint's Profile Photo

where to stay?

by iaint Online Now May 4, 2008 at 12:46 PM

Thinking of going to Royal Ascot this year (on the Saturday).

Any ideas for somewhere to stay? We'd be driving, and coming from Heathrow, so somewhere west/south west of the airport but not in Ascot itself...

Don't like "country house" type places. Happy with budget chains.

One other question - if my 14 year old comes along does he have to stick to the general admission rules too (collar & tie - no jeans etc)? He'd look a bit of a pratt in his school uniform! Thats all he has apart from leisure clothes. Maybe I could rent a kilt for him!

7 Answers May 17, 2008 at 6:40 AM