As Sallum

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Halfaya Sollum War cemetary

Egypt Jan 4, 2017 at 5:33 PM

I am considering a trip to Egypt maybe in the next year or so. I will most likely do an organised to see the pyramids and the Nile, etc. While I am there Inwould also like to visit the Halfaya Sollum War cemetary as my great uncle is buried there. (He was killed in action in WW2)
      I know you can get buses from Alexandria or I was also considering staying a night at Mersa Matruh which is closer. I am just not sure about travelling there on my own as it's very close to the Libyan border. Has anyone been there or have any suggestions?

more
    • schmechi's Profile Photo

Internet acces during Nile Cruise

Luxor Dec 25, 2016 at 6:10 AM

I am planning to buy a local sim card while doing a Nile cruise. Will there be a reasonable connection rate between the cities?

more
    • US citizen transiting

Egypt Dec 31, 2016 at 1:48 PM

Do I need to obtain a visa in advance? I am flying from Johannesburg to Copenhagen via Cairo. Plane lands at 5:35 a.m. and next flight leaves at 10 a.m. US citizen. I have read differing reports that say I need to have a visa but cannot determine if it can be obtained online ahead of time or upon arrival. I know the policy changed effective May 15, 2015 saying you had to obtain in advance but then that was changed until an electronic system was to be put in place.

more
    • schmechi's Profile Photo

Two nights in Cairo

Cairo Dec 25, 2016 at 6:07 AM

Before joining a Nile cruise I'll spent two nights in Cairo. While the days are planned for the major sights, I wonder, wether there is something to do in the evening... Makes it sense to visit some of the other sights (especially the coptic or islamic ones, which I can't visit during daytime) after sunset? Or what would you recommend to do in the evening?

more
    • Egypt safety coming from Israel

Egypt Dec 16, 2016 at 9:09 AM

Family and I will be having a vacation to Israel first then to Egypt on Christmas. When we read the itinerary for the tour I found out that we will be crossing the Israel-Egypt border and passing north sinai to reach the Monastery of St. Claire; and then the next day to Cairo. I am worried that the crossing of the border or the driving in north sinai would be too dangerous since north sinai has many terrorists as per travel warnings. Should I cancel the trip?

Also can anyone tell me the current situation of Sinai and Cairo? Thanks.

more
    • csuresh's Profile Photo

Safety - Query

Egypt Dec 27, 2016 at 7:57 AM

Egypt is not going away from mind and we have been waiting for a while for safety to return. It is concerning reading an incident on 11th Dec. However, wanting to know from anyone who travelled recently how is the experience. We would limit Cairo now but has always been interested in visiting Luxor too - what are best options?

more

Near As Sallum

• eclipse info

by EgyptEclipse Online Now Mar 5, 2006 at 1:03 PM

Hi,

I want to find out if it will be possible to see the March 29 eclipse from the top of the plateau west of town? Can I just walk up there? Will I need to get a permit? How about camping up there with a hammock? Any info would be great. If anyone else has this idea and would like to join up that would be awesome.

Will