change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

Popular Armenia Travel Answer Locations

• When Is Summer?

Armenia 5 hours ago

I'm going to Armenia in late May 2017. The timetables say a lot of trains run only in the summer months - does this mean only from (presumably) June 1st? Or, as per my example, would May 26th count as "summer"?

2 Answers 1 hours ago
    • meghri to kapan

K'aghak' Kapan Oct 8, 2016 at 8:07 AM

hi anyone know about marshutka from meghri to kapan?

3 Answers Oct 8, 2016 at 12:58 PM
    • gorgeousnfree's Profile Photo

Enter Yerevan and exit Tbilisi

Yerevan Jul 27, 2016 at 3:37 AM

I will be travelling from Dubai. Is it okay to enter Yerevan and then exit Tbilisi going to Dubai? Will there be any problem with that?

4 Answers Jul 28, 2016 at 9:37 PM
    • From sevan to yenokovan

Sevan Jul 26, 2016 at 6:55 PM

public transport from sevan to yenokovan

2 Answers Sep 3, 2016 at 5:58 AM
    • gorgeousnfree's Profile Photo

Travel Alone in Armenia

Yerevan Jun 20, 2016 at 10:09 PM

Is it safe to travel alone in Armenia?

6 Answers Jul 30, 2016 at 1:40 PM
    • Drugness's Profile Photo

Accomodation in Stepanakert?

Armenia Jun 1, 2016 at 11:28 AM

Has anyone any experience of staying in the homestays and hostels in Stepanakert?
      I'm having a hard time getting any solid information about this. My emails to online listed contacts are being ignored and so far i've only received a reply from a homestay that doesnt accept less than 4 people for minimum 2 nights stay
      I dont want to stay in the flashy hotels in the city
      Can anyone advise me of a good place to spend a night?

2 Answers Jun 4, 2016 at 12:04 AM
    • Rafting in Dzoraget river

Armenia Apr 19, 2016 at 10:48 AM

can somebody help and tell me how much cost rafting in Dzoraget river? And if I want to go there, do I need a group for that? Thanks!

• Jesperp's Profile Photo

Buses in Armenia

Armenia Mar 19, 2016 at 8:11 PM

Do the written be in Latin or Russian letters on the sign in the windscreen of the bus?

3 Answers Mar 20, 2016 at 3:41 AM
    • Cheap car rent in Yerevan

Armenia Feb 17, 2016 at 3:52 AM

Hi, everyone!
      Could someone recommend me a cheap (but good) car rent company? I want to travel around all most popular places. Do I need a 4x4 car or I can take something smaller? Thanks in advance!

4 Answers Feb 21, 2016 at 10:37 PM
    • Drugness's Profile Photo

Is a week enough to take in the most important sites in Armenia?

Armenia Jan 10, 2016 at 2:39 AM

Hello all
      I'm hoping to spend a week in Armenia later this year and although I am conscious it will never be enough time, do you think I will be able to take in the main sights at least, albeit it a bit intensively? It's still early days with the planning.
      Are there many day trip possibilities form Yerevan?
      If anyone can recommend some of the 'must see' places, that would be awesome. Seeing some of the remotely located churches and monasteries is an absolute must of course
      Thanks everyone for your help!!!

9 Answers Apr 10, 2016 at 5:11 AM
    • SteveC97's Profile Photo

Rock music

Yerevan Nov 25, 2015 at 3:32 AM

Any good rock bars? cheap beer an advantage... )))

• how to get tourist invitation letter for tourist visa

Armenia Oct 23, 2015 at 9:54 AM

hi there,
      i am a Pakistani national and would like to know where can i get
      an invitation letter for visa purpose for travel to Armenia
      i am unable to find any tour operators on website
      any suggestions?
      many thanks

5 Answers Oct 23, 2015 at 10:22 PM

Phrasebook in Russian

Armenia Oct 21, 2015 at 7:55 AM

Is it okay to use a Russian Language Guide (phrasebook in Russian) in Armenia?

6 Answers Oct 22, 2015 at 12:02 AM

Minibuses in Armenia

Armenia Oct 15, 2015 at 3:30 PM

Do the written be in Latin or Russian letters on the sign in the windscreen of the minibus?

3 Answers Oct 16, 2015 at 5:37 AM
    • Watching football on TV?

Yerevan Aug 16, 2015 at 11:05 AM

I am visiting Yerevan on 31st August, and that night the football team I support in the UK, Cheltenham Town, are being shown live on TV in their match vs. Wrexham FC. The match is being shown on BT Sport in the UK at 17:30 BST, so 21:30 local time in Yerevan. Are there any bars where I would be able to watch this match?

Also, is there likely to be any football matches being played in the city on either 31st August or 1st September that I could attend?

1 Answer Aug 22, 2015 at 8:19 PM
    • Metro/Train/ Bus/ Minibus Schedule

Armenia Aug 6, 2015 at 1:52 AM

Hi ,

Could some one please advise where could I get the schedule with timings, routes , pricing for all the mode of local transport to be used in Armenia?

I intend to use the bus through out my journey. Would appreciate any suggestion, guidance on how could I access to these.

Thank you

9 Answers Oct 15, 2015 at 3:44 PM
    • Travelling around Armenia

Armenia Aug 5, 2015 at 5:28 AM

Hello people,

I am planning to visit Armenia this August for 4 days. I plan to visit Tatev Monastry, Khor Virap, Dilijan, Sevan and areas around Yerevan.

What should be the best mode of transport that I should chose?

Should I use the local bus ? Or should I rent a car on self drive?

Is it safe to drive out there? I mean are the roads to narrow, steep , both way traffic kinds?

8 Answers Aug 8, 2015 at 6:40 AM
    • Rakes's Profile Photo

if invitation rejected for visa what can do next to visit Armenia

Armenia May 9, 2015 at 10:33 AM

i got reject business visa for Armenia in April and i want apply tourist visa for Armenia again so what can i apply again and if i do apply visa again so what they can reject it again after see once reject on my passport ?? i mean what after rejected i  can get give visa or not  ?????

30 Answers May 15, 2015 at 2:11 AM
    • Weather in October

Armenia Apr 30, 2015 at 1:29 PM

What is the weather like in the beggining of October in Armenia? Is it rainy? And how warm it is? Thanks!

2 Answers May 10, 2015 at 7:18 AM
    • Attire for Women in Summer?

Armenia Mar 23, 2015 at 8:43 AM

Hello, I am an Armenian American college student who will be studying abroad in Yerevan this Summer. I will be working in Nor Geghi where I will most likely have to wear shorts due to the heat! I found discrepancies in the information online whether it was acceptable for women to wear shorts in Yerevan, I was wondering what the norm was?

2 Answers Mar 23, 2015 at 10:18 AM
    • Car rental for visit to Garni

Armenia Mar 13, 2015 at 8:29 AM

Hello. My husband and I are Canadian team leaders for Habitat for Humanity. We are leading a team of 18 people to assist building affordable housing in Yerevan. The itinerary includes activities and tours for the group but we have an extra day to ourselves at the end of the project. We were thinking of renting a car for a day to drive to Garni so that we can have a relaxing day without a 'tour'. My Armenian contact recommends against this because there is no GPS and I assume we may have difficulties with the signage if they are only in Armenian characters. She suggests a taxi if we don't want a guide. Opinions on this? I understand that there is a gorge in the area and would like to do a short hike as well.

2 Answers Mar 14, 2015 at 6:11 AM
    • travelthrough's Profile Photo

Nagorno-Karabakh day trip?

Armenia Feb 20, 2015 at 4:03 PM

Does anybody know where I can book at Nagorno-Karabakh day tour (1 day), what this tour includes (what sights, places), where to book it (including the visa from Armenia) and the costs for 2 persons?

My hostel suggested a price of 60,000 Armenian Dram / 110 Euros only for the driver (2 persons) - is there a cheaper option??

Thank you.

1 Answer Feb 21, 2015 at 1:20 PM
    • MsLena's Profile Photo

Beaches and Accomodation at Lake Sevan

Armenia Jan 29, 2015 at 11:58 AM

I am considering a trip to Armenia and Georgia during early August this year.

We will fly in to Yerevan, and stay there for three or four nights. We will then go to Lake Sevan for a couple of days and later visit Haghpat and Sanahin Monestaries on our way to Georgia. We will travel by minibus and taxi.

I have done some googling regarding Lake Sevan to fins the nicest beach and how long to stay, but I do not find any good articles. One is mentioning Shorzha, which looks nice but is on the eastern coast of the lake, and Tsovagyugh which is hard to judge from the Google pictures but is situated close to Sevan city.

Can anyone recommend a nice village with a nice beach, preferably on the north-west part of Lake Sevan? We are two grown-ups, and more into picturesque villages than big resorts with water land etc. Also, what is the water temperature and air temperature like in August? Any hotel recommendations? Should we book accommodation in advance, or will we find it when we get there?

Tufenkian Avan Marak in Tsapatagh looks as the kind of accomondation that we would enjoy, but Tsapatagh is a bit more far from Sevan and our other plans. But if it is worth going there, we would consider it.

We do also consider staying a night in Dilijan and/or Debed Canyon. Should we book accommodation in advance, or will we find it when we get there?

I know, lots of questions here, but finding information regarding Armenia online is not the easiest thing.

5 Answers Feb 12, 2015 at 1:31 PM
    • travelthrough's Profile Photo

question travel Caucasus

Armenia Dec 29, 2014 at 4:08 AM

I would like to ask about the best way to visit all 3 Caucausus countries - Georgia, Armenia, Azerbaijan - from Turkey. I will be traveling alone and would like to visit the must-sees and maybe including Nagorny-Karabach, if that is possible? (I know one has to do that after Azerbaijan). I am from Austria and would need to know about VISA formalities and how long it will take by public transport (I guess train?) to visit the most important cities and sights between Black and Caspian Sea?

Thank you for helpful responses and tips!

17 Answers Feb 12, 2015 at 1:34 PM
    • Aragac in Fabruary

Armenia Dec 11, 2014 at 2:01 PM

I wil be in Armenia from 7th to 14th Febrary 2015. One of the things I would like to do is to climb Aragac from easier, southern side. I plan to take a taxi from Asztarak and go to lake Kari. From there I would like to climb the peak. However, I am not sure what conditions are in the mountains in this time of year and if it is even doable. I am not an experienced hiker, the highest mountains I have climbed were just above 2000 meters. Does anyone know what is the weather like in the February, is it safe to go in the mountains during this time of the year, what kind of equipment apart from climbing-irons I have to take and how much time would it take to climb and go back (if it is doable).

Thanks for your answer in advance!

3 Answers Dec 13, 2014 at 5:45 AM
    • snasima's Profile Photo

Christmas celebrations

Armenia Dec 7, 2014 at 2:22 AM

After searching , my friends and I decided to go to Armenia-Yerevan- for Christmas to get to know costumes of Christians.
      I want to know where u recommend us to go for participating in different programs of Christmas. and I also want to know what will happens during 21st - 25th of December in Yerevan.
      Our trip is starting on 21 st of December at 11 AM till 24 of December at 19.

11 Answers Dec 19, 2014 at 11:59 PM
    • Taxi in Yerevan

Armenia Sep 11, 2014 at 4:22 AM

I am planning to go Artsakh from Yerevan and on its way, would like to stop by Khor Virap and Noravank and finish at Stepanakert.
      Would anyone know if this is possible to go by taxi?
      Also, same thing I'd like to do on the way back from Stepanakert to Yerevan making few stops before I leave

Thank you

10 Answers Sep 11, 2014 at 7:04 AM
    • Any medical cannabis dispensary in armenia?

Yerevan Aug 30, 2014 at 9:27 AM

Why you guys don't smoke weed in here?! It's the hardest place to get a smoke on earth :(

13 Answers Aug 31, 2014 at 7:45 AM
    • Nude beach

Sevan Jul 26, 2014 at 11:39 AM

Is there any cloth optional beach at Sevan?

4 Answers Jul 27, 2014 at 8:58 AM
    • hugobaur's Profile Photo

English-speaking driver for tour of Armenia

Armenia Jun 20, 2014 at 11:35 AM

I would like to visit Armenia for 7-10 days in September 2014 and I am looking for an English-speaking driver who knows Armenia well. Can anyone recommend a driver for such a tour? Thank you!

3 Answers Jun 21, 2014 at 11:46 AM