Arizona

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Single Professional Coming to Phoenix

Phoenix Nov 14, 2016 at 7:37 AM

Hi, I'm travelling to Phoenix for the first time. I'm a 36 year old professional woman wanting to meet people. Where would be the best place to stay or hang out in the area?

more
    • 7 Day Photography Road trip from Vegas to Denver during Christmas

Arizona Yesterday

Dear Friends,

Needed some suggestions on a 7 day “Photography” road trip from Vegas to Denver during the Christmas/New Year week. 2 of us will be reaching Las Vegas on Sat evening (24th)around 7 PM and have a return flight from Denver on Sun morning (1st) 1 AM.

Keeping in mind that it will be winter time, I have listed down some key places which I would like to visit, all open to change though (in the order from Vegas to Denver). My primary interest is Photography (Nature, Wildlife, Sunrise/Sunsets, Star trails, Milky Way etc). Please let me know the most scenic and feasible routes to cover during my trip and which are the must have places that I should visit.

• Sequoia
      • Mojave National Preserve
      • Joshua Tree NP
      • Red Rock, AZ
      • Saguaro NP
      • Tucson, AZ
      • Tombstone, AZ
      • VLA, NM
      • Petrified Forest, AZ
      • Canyon De Chelly, AZ
      • Tent Rocks, NM
      • Santa Fe, NM
      • Taos, NM
      • Colorado Springs
      • Denver

Thanks,

more
    • 7 Day Photography Road trip from Vegas to Denver during Christmas

Arizona Yesterday

Dear Friends,

Needed some suggestions on a 7 day “Photography” road trip from Vegas to Denver during the Christmas/New Year week. 2 of us will be reaching Las Vegas on Sat evening (24th)around 7 PM and have a return flight from Denver on Sun morning (1st) 1 AM.

Keeping in mind that it will be winter time, I have listed down some key places which I would like to visit, all open to change though (in the order from Vegas to Denver). My primary interest is Photography (Nature, Wildlife, Sunrise/Sunsets, Star trails, Milky Way etc). Please let me know the most scenic and feasible routes to cover during my trip and which are the must have places that I should visit.

• Sequoia
      • Mojave National Preserve
      • Joshua Tree NP
      • Red Rock, AZ
      • Saguaro NP
      • Tucson, AZ
      • Tombstone, AZ
      • VLA, NM
      • Petrified Forest, AZ
      • Canyon De Chelly, AZ
      • Tent Rocks, NM
      • Santa Fe, NM
      • Taos, NM
      • Colorado Springs
      • Denver

Thanks,

3 Answers 17 hours ago
    • Single Professional Coming to Phoenix

Phoenix Nov 14, 2016 at 7:37 AM

Hi, I'm travelling to Phoenix for the first time. I'm a 36 year old professional woman wanting to meet people. Where would be the best place to stay or hang out in the area?

2 Answers Nov 17, 2016 at 12:42 PM
    • Great one day tour at south rim

Grand Canyon Oct 23, 2016 at 8:06 PM

Hi - we are staying at the South Rim Grand Canyon in mid december for two nights. Can anyone recommend one day tour / trip while we are there, that's informative, fun and physical. Thank you!!!

3 Answers Oct 24, 2016 at 5:08 AM
    • Phoenix nightlife

Phoenix Oct 12, 2016 at 6:27 AM

Hi everyone, I'm looking for somewhere that has a really good nightlife that isn't mainstream e.g. (Las Vegas, Miami etc). Does Phoenix have a good nightlife?
      Many thanks

20 Answers Oct 13, 2016 at 2:41 PM
    • 5 Day Photography Road Trip from Vegas to Denver

Arizona Sep 23, 2016 at 8:23 PM

Dear Friends,
      Needed some suggestions on a "quick" 5 day “Photography” road trip from Vegas to Denver during the Nov Thanksgiving weekend. 3 of us will be reaching Las Vegas on Tue night around 11 PM and have a return flight from Denver on Sun evening at around 8 PM.

I have listed down some key places which I would like to visit, all open to change though (in the order from Vegas to Denver)

MAP: https://goo.gl/p9Mb93
      • Death Valley
      • Coral Pink Sand Dunes Park
      • Paria Canyon
      • Horseshoe Bend
      • Monument Valley
      • Shiprock, NM
      • Arches National Park
      • Aspen (Maroon Bells)

My primary interest is Photography (Nature, Wildlife, Sunrise/Sunsets, Star trails, Milky Way etc). Please let me know the most scenic routes to take from Vegas to Denver and what places/parks can I cover for Day and Night Photography.

Note: I have been to Zion, Bryce, Lake Powell, Antelope Canyon earlier, so not too keen to see them again, but wouldn’t mind including them if it takes me through a really awesome scenic byway or dark night skies. Also, I don’t mind hectic driving schedules if that helps me get good shots. I do understand looking at my plan that it involves almost 250 miles of driving every day.

Thanks,

4 Answers Oct 5, 2016 at 4:36 PM
    • Should I make a 7 hour drive from Vegas to Tombstone?

Tombstone Jul 26, 2016 at 6:26 PM

Am doing a road trip from Las Vegas to Chicago and want to visit Santa Fe. Before that though, I am very keen to detour down to Tombstone for some authentic Wild West history. It's a 7 hour drive from Vegas and I was planning on staying 2 nights-the first to recover from the drive, then the next day, seeing what Tombstone has to offer. Would I be wasting my time? Should I just go on to Santa Fe? All opinions welcome!

6 Answers Jul 27, 2016 at 12:05 PM
    • Appreciate your comments/advice on proposed itinerary for Rim to Rim GC

Grand Canyon Jul 25, 2016 at 7:26 AM

Our family (myself, wife, 2 kids ages 16 and 13) are planning a Rim2Rim starting at North Rim on Aug 25 over 4 days. Given the very high heat, we plan to hike ~7-8 miles in early morn, then get to our destination, set up camp, rest, and do some short walks around the area. We are all fit and active, and the kids are used to long mountain hikes, although in fairness, not in this sort of heat. We are in no rush and want to enjoy this at a relatively leisurely pace.

Our Itinerary is as follows:
      - Aug 25: hike from North Rim to Cottonwoods Campground. Then visit Ribbon Falls
      - Aug 26: Cottonwoods to Bright Angel CG. Lunch at Phantom Ranch. Short walk on Clear Creek Trail to Tonto Platform. Ranger program at Bright Angel CG.
      - Aug 27: Bright Angel CG to Indian Garden CG. Walk to Plateau Point for sunset
      - Aug 28: Indian Garden CG up to South Rim

A few questions:
      1. We are planning to start by ~5am each morn and reach our destination by 10am. Is this early enough, or should we be looking to start even earlier? The two days where I am thinking earlier might be necessary are Day 2 (when we will across the Canyon through the Box) and Day 4 (when we are hiking up Bright Angel Trail).

2. We are taking 2 tents - I know many folks do not, but given we are camping at the North Rim the night before we start, we don't really have a choice. We have purchased 2 fairly light tents (around 4-5lb each). And a bunch of other hiking accessories like Camelbak Water bladders, pocket stove, collapsible vessels, etc. Aim is to keep each backpack to 20lb max. Does that sound reasonable?

3. Aside from the side trips above (Ribbon Falls, Clear Creek Trail, Plateau Point) and dipping in the Creek, are there any other things we can look to do while in the Canyon? e.g. other small hikes, activities, etc.

4. We are not staying at the Phantom Ranch, but I am assuming we can buy lunch at the cafeteria - is that correct? Do we need a reservation?

5. I expect to take a lot of video in this "trip of a lifetime". I have a couple of spare batteries for my camcorder, but do you think we could recharge at the Phantom Ranch? We are not staying there, but (say) do you think the Front desk could help us if we left our camcorder and charger with them while we have lunch there (subject to 4 above)?

6. We've read a fair bit about the need to enrich our water supply (in bladders) with electrolyte powders. Any suggestions on whether we shd be doing that? if so recommendations? we also saw some electrolyte capsules out tehre to be taken with food but are confused how to take those safely so as to avoid depletion.

Thx Vijay

6 Answers Aug 19, 2016 at 10:47 AM
    • Airplane flight over the South of the Grand Canyon

Grand Canyon National Park Jul 22, 2016 at 6:05 AM

I am staying for two nights in Williams, Arizona, in order to visit the South Rim of the Grand Canyon. I would also like to hire a flight over the Canyon, but I need it to start from the South Rim, or a nearby location (i.e. Williams or Tusayan).

Can you recommend any companies that provide this service?

8 Answers Jul 26, 2016 at 11:13 AM
    • Best area to Stay??

Phoenix Jul 18, 2016 at 11:42 AM

We are planning a trip to Phoenix, Az. While there, we want to make a couple of day trips to Apache Junction and the Sonoran Desert. Which area of Phoenix would be the most convenient to stay, as far as easier access to these venues. We will only be there about 3 days before heading to another part of the state to see other points of interest. Any advice is greatly appreciated.

6 Answers Jul 18, 2016 at 7:24 PM
    • coffee mugs

Grand Canyon Jul 1, 2016 at 3:42 PM

3 years ago my husband and I did the west rim grand canyon tour I brought some coffee mugs I would love to buy some more I have enquired before but didn't get a very favourable response the coffee cups I brought had the Haulapai tribe insignia on them
      Is it possible to buy some more and have them shipped to Australia

thank you karen

1 Answer Jul 1, 2016 at 5:19 PM
    • 4x4 in and around Sedona

Sedona Jun 12, 2016 at 3:58 PM

Can you drive your own Jeep through the same places that all the Jeep Tour companies go?

5 Answers Aug 19, 2016 at 10:50 AM
    • Kayaking on the Verde River?

Sedona Jun 2, 2016 at 1:44 PM

Visiting Sedona the first week in August and considering renting a "ducky" kayak for 1/2 day on the Verde River. Two questions: 1. is the river pretty flat that time of year (i.e. will we have to paddle harder) or is it fairly quick moving? 2. Is it a bazillion degrees on the river in August or cooler than Sedona? Thanks.

2 Answers Aug 19, 2016 at 10:52 AM
    • valman65's Profile Photo

2 days in Grand Canyon+Sedona

Grand Canyon National Park May 20, 2016 at 2:25 AM

Hi to everybody, this is my first post here (I am sorry for my basic english and I thank you all in advance for any suggestions).

We're going to plan a big trip in the USA: NYC-> SFO -> Central Coast Cal -> New Orleans -> NYC --> Rome

We are trying to include in our US tour the Grand Canyon, before flying out from Phoenix to New Orleans. We think we'll spend 2 nights in the area, this could be a (very approximate) program:

sat 9th july (morning): Flight from Los Angeles/Burbank to Grand Canyon (Phoenix/Flagstaff)

sat 9th july (afternoon): drive car from Phoenix/Flagstaff airport to GCNP

sat 9th july (evening): short visit by car and then going to sleep in Tusayan

sun 10th july (early morning): visit GCNP

sun 10th july (afternoon): drive south to Sedona

sun 10th july (evening): sleeping in Sedona

mon 11th july (morning): visit Sedona area

mon 11th july (afternoon): drive to Phoenix Airport

mon 11th july (evening): fly to New Orleans

any suggestions would be greatly appreciated (where to sleep, train/bus alternative to flight, dining, must to see, etc..)

Thank you all

7 Answers May 22, 2016 at 5:06 AM
    • suggestions for Sedona/Phoemix area for limited walking

Sedona May 10, 2016 at 8:46 PM

I have never been west of Tennessee so everything in the Western United states will be new to me. Can someone provide some suggestions for places in the Phoenix/Sedona area to visit? We are definitely more into the nature related areas more so than the shopping meccas. Flying pretty much limits how much shopping could be done anyway. The Grand Canyon is a given of course but we like the quaint little towns, old west locations, etc.
      Is it better to take the trains in some locations than driving.
      A tremendous amount of walking and hiking is out but medium distance walking is ok.
      I know this is not much to go on but I am so overwhelmed at the choices.
      Thanks in advance!
      Lisa

4 Answers May 12, 2016 at 9:04 AM
    • Helicopter trip over the West Rim or South Rim

Grand Canyon National Park Apr 3, 2016 at 9:34 AM

Hi, I hope that someone can help me with this. I am always appreciative of the replies that people give here. It is always so helpful.
      Anyway, we are staying in Vegas for 3 nights in April. On one of those days, we were thinking of hiring a car and going to the South Rim of The Grand Canyon. I know it is about a 4 hour journey there but we are staying at Tahiti Village resort and think, well hope, that if we make an early start, getting out of Vegas might be reasonably OK?
      So, I need to plan a good route and a good point to aim for and I really welcome suggestions on this but more than anything, we would like to take in a helicopter trip over the Canyon but I don't know if I should be looking to do this at the West Rim first, on our way to the South Rim, as I know that only at the West Rim they can fly low and even land in the Canyon or if I should book a helicopter trip at the South Rim, where I know that I really am in the Grand Canyon Park there but also know they can't fly that low.
      I've confused myself so much on it and so I do hope that someone can advise me on what the best thing to do is.
      Many thanks

13 Answers Apr 5, 2016 at 8:49 AM
    • KEITHREEVES's Profile Photo

tour companies

Grand Canyon National Park Apr 2, 2016 at 1:44 AM

Looking at 2 very similar tours from Vegas to South Rim by fixed wing , then heli flight and land tour with either Maverick or Papillion... which is the better?

4 Answers Apr 4, 2016 at 9:45 AM
    • KEITHREEVES's Profile Photo

one day tour

Grand Canyon National Park Mar 26, 2016 at 5:43 PM

Can someone give advice as to the best Rim to visit and by air, bus, or combined for 2 couples from Australia, once only visit.

22 Answers Apr 4, 2016 at 8:31 AM
    • Where Best?

Arizona Mar 15, 2016 at 4:42 AM

Hi
      We're maybe going to be visiting Arizona next May, and I'm trying to decide where best to visit. We'll be doing the Grand Canyon (of course!) but have some time after that before driving on to Palm Springs. Any advice? We were originally planning on staying in Phoenix but after doing some research it seems that it might not be worth more than a daytrip... any suggestions?
      Thanks!

17 Answers Mar 15, 2016 at 5:05 PM
    • Footloose_Rimi's Profile Photo

Tips on visiting Antelope Canyon

Page Mar 6, 2016 at 2:42 AM

Hi there... I am planning for a 2 days trip to Page in late July/ early August this year, to see the antelope canyon. I will be on tight budget and am not driving any car. Any suggestion or tips would be highly appreciated. Will I be lucky enough to meet any of the VTers there as well?

6 Answers Mar 7, 2016 at 6:18 AM
    • Planning a weekend. ( LA to Grand Canyon)

Grand Canyon National Park Feb 29, 2016 at 6:26 AM

Hello there!
      We are travelling Thursday 31st March from LA to the Grand Canyon. We need to be back in LA the evening of the 3rd. We are planning on starting our journey early in order to drive in one day to the rim. Having read previous posts, it appears that the consensus is to not bother staying in Flagstaff but to go the extra 1/2 hour to stay at the rim .We would like to make our rest stops count on the way there and way back. Are there any suggestions of driving routes in order to make the most of our trip? There are 5 of us from the U.K ( my daughter is studying at UCLA) and 2 other children aged 12 ( grown up) and 16. We ideally would like to come home a different route, but probably not stopping at Las Vegas.
      Any advice on routes/ places to see / accommodation would be fantastic!
      Thank you.

19 Answers Mar 3, 2016 at 5:10 AM
    • Monument Valley

Arizona Feb 27, 2016 at 1:00 AM

Hi my wife and I booked a cruise from Australia to arrive in Los Angles 10th May 2017 Would this be a good time hire a motorhome and tour the Grand Canyon and Monument Valley.

7 Answers Feb 27, 2016 at 12:07 PM
    • Mexican on a sunday night

Tucson Feb 26, 2016 at 11:08 PM

Hi, my partner and I are only in Tuscon on vacation for a couple of nights, arriving late Sat night, hiring car from airport. Can anyone recommend a Mexican restaurant for the Sunday night?
      Also, any suggestions of nearby places to stay? Thankyou

4 Answers Mar 19, 2016 at 12:30 AM
    • kathykiger's Profile Photo

Additional things to do?

Tombstone Feb 26, 2016 at 9:20 PM

We spent a couple hours on the main street and pretty much saw everything there plus the graveyard down the street. Is there anything else in Tombstone to see or do ?
      Thank you.

4 Answers Feb 26, 2016 at 11:29 PM
    • Group to Canyon De Chelly

Canyon de Chelly National Monument Feb 23, 2016 at 7:51 AM

I am thinking of bringing a group of 27 people on a day trip from our mission trip (new Mexico) in a few weeks ranging from 6th grade - mid 50's. Would you recommend seeing the pullouts from the two rims and doing the one hike? How strenuous is the hike? Or would you recommend finding a guide to take us around?

4 Answers Feb 23, 2016 at 12:23 PM
    • fossettes's Profile Photo

Plus sized golf wear

Scottsdale Feb 5, 2016 at 8:01 AM

Hello all you voluptuous golfers! - I’m looking for a store that carries good quality plus sized women’s golf clothing in or near Scottsdale. Have Googled and haven’t had any luck. Thanks in advance!

4 Answers Feb 5, 2016 at 1:34 PM
    • 21 day road trip

Grand Canyon Dec 28, 2015 at 4:16 AM

Hi
      We are flying into Phoenix on 31st August 2015 and are trying to plan a tour to incorporate the Canyon lands and the west coast before flying out from Phoenix on 20th September, any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
      Thanks in advance.
      Deb

3 Answers Dec 28, 2015 at 7:29 PM
    • Las Vegas day trip to The Grand Canyon. Recommendations for something special?

Grand Canyon Dec 19, 2015 at 9:47 AM

Hi. I would very much appreciate any suggestions on a Trip for 1 day or part of a day from Las Vegas to The Grand Canyon.

There are just the 2 of us and we will be celebrating a very special occasion whilst we are there.

We have been told that a helicopter trip is a good way to see the Canyon but I don't know where to start on what is a good company to do this with, as there seems to be so many.

We've also been told that a jeep tour is good fun too.

I hope that the people on this site can help again. It is always appreciated!

11 Answers Dec 21, 2015 at 12:00 PM
    • Visit to Sedona

Sedona Dec 14, 2015 at 2:39 AM

What are the best hikes in Sedona if you only have e few days there?

2 Answers Aug 19, 2016 at 10:54 AM
    • Snow concerns from Las Vegas to Flagstaff in mid January

Tucson Nov 22, 2015 at 7:54 AM

We are seniors and driving a rear wheel vehicle from Las Vegas to Tucson Arizona in mid January. What is the best route to Tucson to escape the snow if there is one? What is the fastest route to Flagstaff if the roads are clear? Thanks.

4 Answers Nov 22, 2015 at 1:42 PM
    • December end trip in Arizona

Arizona Nov 20, 2015 at 11:41 AM

I'm planning a road trip from Denver to Las Vegas in December vacation (24 Dec to 2nd Jan). I would like to know about the feasibility of the trip.

The road trip will include Arches National Park, Monument Valley, Antelope Canyon, Horseshoe bend and Grand canyon West rim ending at Las Vegas.

Denver --> Arches ---> Monument Valley --> Antelope ---> Las Vegas
      25-26th ---> 27th ---> 28th ----> 29th ------> 30th

I'm mostly worried about snow and slippery roads. I have never driven on snow.
      But from other articles and forums i came to know that the snow is cleared very soon.

Questions:
      1. Do we need snow chains and shovel and other snow equipment ?
      2. Will all the national parks and attractions open and worth watching during that time of the year?
      3. What are the chances of getting stuck in snow storms ( how frequent is it generally .. just an idea) ?
      4. Anyone who has personal experience of this route during winters and would like to share something important is welcome.
      5. Is it feasible and should we go ahead with the plan ??

Thanks in Advanced
      Subhro

15 Answers Nov 21, 2015 at 12:30 PM