Travel Answers
Argentina

change location
  • Argentina Travel

Buenos Aires Jun 22, 2016 at 11:44 PM

What are good cities to see? what's the best for transportation short and long distances? Where are good/cheap places to stay? Are hostels a good option? What should a tourist be cautious of while flying in to Buenos Aires and traveling around the country? Is it easy to get transportation to the Patagonias and a place to stay? Are there buses or other ways of transportation from Buenos Aires to Rio de Janeiro that's relatively cheap and safe?

2 Answers Jun 24, 2016 at 1:08 AM
  • Camp stove fuel

Argentina Jun 22, 2016 at 8:14 AM

Can one buy propane canisters for jet boil back packing stoves in El Calafate? Or Ushuaia?

• BE001903's Profile Photo

Which places to visit in 3 weeks

Argentina Jun 19, 2016 at 11:01 AM

We plan to travel to Argentina next year in May. Seen the time of year that rules out the Southern part of the country. We're interested in nature, culture, people watching, visiting wine estates and spotting capybaras. We plan to go 3 weeks so what should definitely be on our itinerary?
    In the Mendoza area are their agencies that organised trips to wine estates? We really do not want to drive ourselves since we want to sample the wines. When we were in Chile (Colchagua area) we stayed at one estate and got picked up each morning to visit 2 or 3 estates, we would also take lunch at an estate at noon. We really loved that and hope we can do a similar 2 full days in Mendoza.
    Is Ibera a good place to visit and spot capybaras? Any suggestions for that area?

3 Answers Jun 20, 2016 at 5:24 PM
  • mydreamquest's Profile Photo

Changes in BsAs since 2004?

Buenos Aires Jun 4, 2016 at 5:46 PM

Hello, it's been over 12 years since I last visited Argentina. Has it changed much since then? What is the political and economic climate today compared to 2004?

My recollection might be different because in 2004, mobile devices weren't as prevalent as they are today.

I'm beginning to research spending time in BsAs and possibly Bariloche or Mendoza in October.

What changes can I expect?

1 Answer Jun 5, 2016 at 2:00 AM
  • Cold weather

San Carlos de Bariloche Jun 1, 2016 at 8:40 AM

Hi to all. I'm writting to you because I'm visiting Bariloche next month and I'm not well-equipped as regards winter clothes so I wanted you to tell me a place where they sell good quality winter clothes. Once I get there I'll buy some.

Any idea/ suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

4 Answers Jun 7, 2016 at 5:26 AM
  • Road trip around Salta!

Salta May 30, 2016 at 10:44 AM

Hi all! We intend to visit Salta for 5 days, from 23 (noon) to 28 (morning) August 2016. We definitely want to make a road trip to all surrounding areas within this period, staying overnight at different places. Based on some rough calculations drawn over a map, we think it would be nice visiting (and sleeping at) Purmamarca (quick visit to Humahuaca included), Cachi, Cafayate, and then back to Salta.
    We would so much appreciate your contribution into planning a wonderful round trip, by suggesting either alternative must-see places along this route (e.g. stopover at Jujui) or a different route to involve additional cities like, maybe, San Miguel de Tucuman (?). How's the weather by that period? Please help... Greetings from Greece!

• maestrousmc's Profile Photo

Dollar or Argentine Peso

Buenos Aires May 16, 2016 at 5:01 PM

Hello all. I'm traveling to Buenos Aires this Thursday, May 19. I have conflicting info from websites and friends that have been there. Long story, short, is it better to use U.S. Dollars there instead of Pesos? Which is more accepted and practical. All internet searches speak of the "blue dollar" but it appears as if that's not relevant anymore. What are your thoughts? Thanks!

9 Answers May 18, 2016 at 6:09 AM
  • Transportation?

Provincia de Santa Cruz May 13, 2016 at 6:45 AM

What are all the types of transportation in Santa Cruz, Argentina and cost in $?

• agathi's Profile Photo

taxi and bus fares

Puerto Iguazú May 5, 2016 at 1:37 PM

Any recent info about the cost of a taxi and of the bus from the puerto Iguazu airport to the centre of the town? Thank you.

• agathi's Profile Photo

Guarani Village

Puerto Iguazú May 3, 2016 at 1:30 PM

Do you have any personal experience on visiting a Guarani Village at the argentinian side? Any recomendation of the company you made the visit?

• jako007's Profile Photo

Traveling Argentina for 2 weeks in the summer

Argentina Apr 27, 2016 at 11:12 AM

Hi all,

I'm going to travel Argentina for 2 weeks in the summer by myself. Starting in Buenos Aires. What do you think? Any recommendations for a route?

Thanks a lot guys!!

5 Answers Jun 21, 2016 at 10:06 AM
  • agathi's Profile Photo

Practical info

Puerto Iguazú Apr 22, 2016 at 3:53 PM

1.Can you pls tell me where do all people who claim to get so wet during the boat trip in the cataratas change their clothes? Are there any special places?
    2. Are there lockers at the argentinian falls? Wher can someone leave one's bag?
    3. Is the ticket for the falls valid for the whole day, which means one can leave and come later back?
    4. Are the buses often coming and going or is it better to have a car rent and feel free to leave any time?
    Thanks a lot.

3 Answers Apr 22, 2016 at 4:22 PM
  • agathi's Profile Photo

visiting a Guarani Village

Puerto Iguazú Apr 21, 2016 at 12:51 PM

Has anybody visited any Guarani village where these people live now? How can one visit these places? On our own, through travel agents? It seems there are two or three of them mentioned in different websites eg.Comunidad Guarani Yriapu - Comunidad Indigena Iriapu, or the Mborore Fort. Which one is really worth the visit? Any ifo would be appreciated. Thank you.

1 Answer May 15, 2016 at 9:28 PM
  • agathi's Profile Photo

bus from puerto iguazu to ciudad del este in paraguay

Puerto Iguazú Apr 21, 2016 at 12:43 PM

Hallo my friends. It seems very difficult to find info about the bus that gets from Puerto Iguazu to Ciudad del Este directly (without having to stop to Brazil borders). Some people who write their experience, report that the name of the bus is "El Practico" with the sign "Ciudad del Este, Directo", and one has to get it from the omnibus terminal. It also seems that once you get to the Argentina borders to get your passport stamped the bus driver is waiting for the passengers but once arriving at the Paraguay borders one must ask the driver to stop and get down with luggage since the bus will not wait for you. Then a taxi to your destination is the next step. Can anybody tell me how acurate all the above is? I guess that the timetable of the bus is impossible to be found online...
    Thanks a lot.

10 Answers May 15, 2016 at 9:19 PM
  • Iguazu falls visit!

Argentina Apr 18, 2016 at 2:52 AM

Those of you who have visited the falls, please help! I' ll be around end August. Do you think I should spend more than 2 full days at Iguazu falls, the Argentinian side? Or maybe make it 3, considering the period? Is the Brazilian side such a must-see? What activities can one engage in? Thanks for considering answering!

7 Answers Apr 18, 2016 at 1:55 PM
  • North Argentina tour

Argentina Apr 14, 2016 at 12:09 AM

Well, we are planning to visit Argentina for 2 weeks, starting as of August 19, 2016. Flight tickets already booked! We have ended up focusing on the northern part of the country. We are therefore thinking of spending 5 days in Buenos Aires (maybe 1 of them to Montevideo), 3 days in Iguazu falls, 4 days in Salta and the surrounding area (road trip to Jujuy, Purmamarca, Humahuaca, San Antonio de los Cobres, Cafayate) and 2 days in Cordoba. Transportation between the major cities is to be done by internal flights, to gain time. We have worked out our itinerary based on browsing around the net, so any advice upon first-hand experience would be very much appreciated. Do you find our plan and time allocation attractive enough? Have we omitted any significant places in the area?

9 Answers Apr 15, 2016 at 3:17 AM
  • penny_g's Profile Photo

Vineyard around Mendoza

Mendoza Apr 6, 2016 at 6:08 AM

Folks,

Can you please recommend me a picturesque vineyard, Mendoza, I know, is very rich of? It should be accessible by public bus.

Another question - how long should one consider staying in Mendoza?

Thanks!

3 Answers Apr 7, 2016 at 6:51 AM
  • penny_g's Profile Photo

Nice Pampa Landscapes around BA or Mendoza

Argentina Apr 6, 2016 at 5:36 AM

Dear Friends,

Argentina is known for its endless green pampas and crystal blue sky. Has anyone of you perhaps been to such a nice place around Buenos Aires or Mendoza. It should be safe and accessible with public transport. Overnight in a neighboring village or town is an option.

Please share any such experience, you can even link to your photo galleries or travel journals.

Many thanks in advance!

2 Answers Apr 30, 2016 at 1:16 PM
  • podilatis's Profile Photo

2 weeks trip to BA, Puerto Iguazu, El Calafate, and Ushuaia in August. Is it recommended?

Argentina Mar 28, 2016 at 4:06 AM

We plan to visit Argentina mid August for 2 weeks. It’s our first visit ever in Latin America. We are landing and departing from Buenos Aires. Already thinking of spending some days in the capital (about 5 days), and then visiting Puerto Iguazu (1-2 days), El Calafate (4-5), and Ushuaia (2 days) via internal flights.
    Probably inappropriate period for travelling south, but would still be more keen on seeing those places even if excluded from certain activities at the time.
    So, is Patagonia worth visiting in August since we are not skiers or would you recommend another route?
    Are daily trips to El Chalten (from El Calafate) and Montevideo (from BA) actually recommended, provided our time is short?
    How many days would you suggest that we spend in each place?
    We would very much appreciate any practical tips on such a trip.

3 Answers Apr 28, 2016 at 2:14 PM
  • micolett's Profile Photo

Tours in the north west, possibly from Salta

Argentina Mar 21, 2016 at 7:43 AM

I plan to be in Salta - Jujuy area sometimes next july or august. Without a car, so travelling to small places may be very time consuming.
    I have found a number of smallish travel agency, local or national, doing small group tours from Salta or BA...Any recommendations, or experience of a group tour in the area? It could be a week long tour, or less (day tours are also an option, but better, longer time).
    I can manage with spanish guided, but I would prefer english...

7 Answers Apr 30, 2016 at 10:55 AM
  • agathi's Profile Photo

Combination trip

Puerto Iguazú Mar 20, 2016 at 5:28 PM

Hallo my friends. We are planning a trip from Buenos Aires to Iguazu Falls. But we would like to combine the experience with a visit to the Jesuit missions in Argentina (San Ignacio etc.) and in Paraguay (Jesús de Tavarangüe) and to the capital city of Paraguay, Asuncion. But I'm not sure how to combine them as for the means of transport.
    Do you know if renting a car and passing borders in South America is a problem or does everything go smoothly? The two missions are quite close to each other and it's only a matter of boarders. Any advice would be mostly appreciated. Thank you.

4 Answers Mar 21, 2016 at 3:27 PM
  • roserosada's Profile Photo

Buenos Aires to Bariloche

Argentina Mar 16, 2016 at 8:08 AM

Which are the good, safe, comfortable options for this trip in early September? Is there a reliable, train option? Flying? Thanks

3 Answers Mar 17, 2016 at 7:30 AM
  • roserosada's Profile Photo

Bus ride from Buenos Aires to Puerto Iguazu

Argentina Mar 15, 2016 at 4:36 PM

Has anyone traveled this way to Sao Paolo from Buenos Aires? I am told that the bus is excellent and that the seats recline 130 degrees, called semi-cama. They provide blankets, pillows, breakfast, lunch and dinner. Is this safe? Comfortable? Thanks

4 Answers Mar 15, 2016 at 7:44 PM
  • Travelling to Argentina - Bs As

Argentina Feb 18, 2016 at 4:50 PM

Hey,

Hope you can help me. I have been saving money to fly to Bs As and then start a road trip around La Patagonia.
    I found this page called Sherpals (www.sherpals.com) where shoppers from Argentina pay to the travellers to carry cheap thing like cellphone or baby clothes.
    Have you evere tried it? do they really pay you?
    That money will make a big difference on my trip!
    thanks a lot

3 Answers Feb 19, 2016 at 11:23 AM
  • micolett's Profile Photo

Peso for euro users?

Argentina Jan 24, 2016 at 12:52 AM

I am in the first steps of planning a (north hemisphere!) summer trip to Argentina...Using euro, not especially willing to change first to US dollars, what is the actual situation of euro/peso, street changers, ATMs, banks? Is euro accepted by changers, if they still are on business after the new regulations?

3 Answers Jan 24, 2016 at 9:05 AM
  • Travel to Olavarria

Olavarría Jan 20, 2016 at 2:09 PM

I am planning to go to Olavarria for business for a day. I will be fighting from the US to Buenos Aires. Are there any flights from Buenos Aires to Olavarria or only ground transportation is available?

1 Answer Jan 20, 2016 at 3:36 PM
  • Airport to Falls

Parque Nacional del Iguazù Jan 20, 2016 at 11:39 AM

How far a taxi ride is the Falls from the IGR Airport?

1 Answer Jan 20, 2016 at 12:22 PM
  • Public Transport IGR Airport Argentina To IGU Airport Brazil OR a Taxi & Costs Please

Argentina Jan 20, 2016 at 10:52 AM

Public Transport from IGR Airport Argentina to IGU Airport Brazil & the Costs Please .

1 Answer Jan 21, 2016 at 10:00 AM
  • angelina1813's Profile Photo

My itinerary first time to Argentina. How does it look?

Argentina Jan 7, 2016 at 7:20 PM

Aloha everyone
    Booked my tickets to Argentina arriving may 11 2016
    How does my itinerary look to you who have been?

5/11-5/20: Buenos Aires staying in Palermo

5/17 day trip or overnight in Montevideo

5/20: fly to Iguazu Falls arrive 3:30 pm

Check in to Sheraton and do a tour

5/21 fly to Salta

5/24 fly to Mendoza

5/27 bus to Santiago de chille

6/1 fly to Córdoba

6/4 fly to BA

6/6 return to hawaii

What do you all think?

I took Bariloche out which is such a bummer but from my understanding it's not worth it in mid to late May

10 Answers Jan 8, 2016 at 9:58 AM
  • Weather in april/may

Buenos Aires Jan 7, 2016 at 12:54 PM

How is the weather in BA in april/may? Is it a good time to visit or has the winter arrived?

Or if I want to go south in the country?

2 Answers Feb 11, 2016 at 11:14 AM