Travel Answers

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Lakes in Almogia?

Almogía Oct 18, 2016 at 1:53 AM

We are staying in Almogia in July/August 2017 we would like to know if we are close to any lakes suitable for swimming. Thanks

• Altea from Alicante

Spain Oct 14, 2016 at 12:57 AM

Does anyone know the easiest way to transfer from Alicante railway station to Altea by public transport. there looks like there is a bus or a tram but I can't find the details of stops etc

• water park

L'Estartit Oct 12, 2016 at 9:51 AM

we are staying at the roma apartments september next year is there a water park near by please

• ma3333's Profile Photo

Pyrenees in october

Pyrenees Oct 4, 2016 at 2:40 PM

Next week I'll be heading to spain for a hiking trip. were planing to hike a 5 days trek on the gr 11 trail . I don't have much experience with hiking this time of the year, so perhaps some people here can help me answer some of the following questions:

- Are the winter rooms in the huts open? how do i contact the operators?
      - If so, what is provided in the winter rooms (matress, blankets?) and what is the procedure? Do I need to get a key, where and how do I need to pay? is there a fireplace or a posibilty of lighting fire inside the huts?
      - Does anybody know about the current conditions? Is there already a lot of snow (compared to other years)? What is a good place on the web to find out about local conditions?

Any further general tips from experienced people are always welcome. Many thanks in advance!

• Taxi from Murcia to La Manga

Murcia Sep 30, 2016 at 8:15 AM

Any ideas on how long it would take to get a taxi from Murcia Bus Station to La Manga - and how much it would cost?

• Busking, Las Palmas

Las Palmas de Gran Canaria Oct 15, 2016 at 4:12 AM

Do You know, is there allowed to busking like a human statue on Las Palmas de Gran Canaria (la playa de Las Canteras) and on the other cities on island. Does they requires licence?

Thanks for any help.

• Tips for Palma

Palma de Mallorca Oct 6, 2016 at 3:43 PM

Hello guys.
      My boyfriend and I are planning a trip to Palma around end of October.
      We are in our mid 20's and found some really cheap tickets for 3 days in Palma.
      What would you recommend us to see, in which part to stay (cheap)?
      Looking forward to any tips, advices and answers.
      Thank you.

• Flamenco shops & Parking

Sevilla Oct 1, 2016 at 1:27 AM

Where is the nearest place on non-metered parking near the cathedral please - we parked a 20 minute walk on the outskirts of town by the metro down from the Alcatraz and saw one large church but not the cathedral and missed out on a lot of the barrie gothic

When we were walking down from the large church keeping straight we went into a large shop selling shawls and beautiful fans - they gave me a dark green carrier bag - my friend is into salsa/tango dancing and I would like to get some reasonably priced fans - any suggestions please

Really looking forward to going back to this lovely city - planning to go Mid Nov Many thanks

• dog friendly beaches / bars

Santander Sep 30, 2016 at 3:33 AM

I have never been to Santander or Spain I would like to go next September and would have to bring my pet dog via the ferry so would have a car I have found many places to stay so that's ok but what are the bars like with dogs and are the beaches dog friendly ?

• boasnovas's Profile Photo

Catalunya Oct 17, 2016 at 1:23 PM

I`ve been to Barcelona already, but never in winter time. We are going in Febuary to Barcelona for 6 days. Any suggestion in the city or maybe day trips that we could do by car? thanks

• One day in Barcelona. Nou Camp.

Barcelona Oct 13, 2016 at 3:42 PM

Hi All,

I am travelling this weekend to watch Barcelona FC match ( starts at 16:15 Local ). I am travelling with 11 year old son.
      My flight arrives in Barcelona at 09:50 and I need to go to BAH Barcelona Airport Hotel. Any idea how long will it take for me from this Hotel( which I suppose is very close to airport) to get to Nou Camp. Is there any time I should target to reach Nou Camp? I am not sure if I should go to Town centre spend around an hour or so ( eat food etc) and then head to Nou Camp.

Any advise is highly appreciated?

• Best public transportation from Barcelona Airport to Grand Torre hotel Catalunya?

Barcelona Sep 30, 2016 at 10:42 PM

What is the best and easy way to go from aiport to my hotel, and from hotel to port of Barcelona?
      Can we buy a ticket for hop on hop off bus at the hotel or have to buy it online? Thanks for your advise.

• BurrenYoga's Profile Photo

Data SIM Card in Lanzarote

Isla de Lanzarote Oct 18, 2016 at 7:34 AM

Does anybody know of what deals exist to buy a Data SIM card in Lanzarote?

I am hoping to buy a 2 GB data SIM card for my unlocked MiFi device, and when it runs out, to buy a new one.

Just in case coverage of the different networks vary by location, I will be mainly using this in Costa Teguise.

Any advice appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

• Veltra Tour (4-Day Spain Tour: Cordoba, Seville and Granada from Madrid)

Spain Oct 9, 2016 at 6:57 AM

I am planning a trip to Spain in April 2017. Have anyone heard of Veltra Tour company? I am thinking about booking a 4 day trip (4-Day Spain Tour: Cordoba, Seville and Granada from Madrid) with the company. Or if you have any suggestions on a tour company in Spain, it would be great.

• raj11's Profile Photo

Isla de teneriffa OR Isla de Fuerteventura.. which one is better ??

Isla de Fuerteventura Oct 6, 2016 at 7:49 AM

We are a family of 3 (me , my husband and our 7 years old kid).. and wanted to know which would be a better holiay destination in your opinion among Isla de teneriffa and Isla de Fuerteventura.. We would like to have a relaxed location with beautiful surroundings and kids friendly beaches

• Best Place to go

Nerja Sep 25, 2016 at 12:49 PM

Hii Everyone, I am new to this and did post a question yesterday and now I cant find it, lol, so Im going to try husband and I will be travelling from Canada in June 2017 and thought I had found a great place to go and now am having second thoughts.....I had planned on us staying in Nerja but I have come across so much negative talk with regards to a "sewage" problem....any comments or suggestions? Ideally the location we stay in will be a smaller city/town with easy access to beaches/shops/restaurants.....preferably that allows us to experience the spanish culture with modern conveniences....

• Do most hotels in Spain have free Wi-Fi?

Spain 5 hours ago

I was just wondering if most hotels in Spain have a reliable, fast Wi-Fi connection.

• Long term rental for this winter

Cadiz Oct 6, 2016 at 8:04 AM

My husband and I are planning to spent the winter in Costa de La Luz. We are looking to rent a studio/appartment/ small house ( one bedroom, living room, kitchen) for approximatively 2 or 3 months (from December till March),what kind of a price would I be looking at? I would be curious to know if anybody could recommend sites or resources to view (cheap) rental listings and if possible to get in touch directly with owners.

• Overstaying 90 day Schengen stay limit

Barcelona Sep 26, 2016 at 7:44 AM

I am from the US and am studying abroad in Barcelona for 87 days. There is no way for me to get a student visa, and my program director can't extend my trip by 3 days in order for me to get a visa. I my family is planning on meeting me in Barcelona on my 87th day and we are planning to go to Italy on my 89th or 90th day. We are planning on staying in Italy for about 10 days, staying in only Italy for those 10 days, and then flying back to the US from Italy. If I get caught overstaying my 90 day limit, what are the consequences? Has anyone ever dealt with a situation like this? Would it be smarter to just meet my family in Italy rather than have them meet me in Spain (saving money and already be in Italy before I reach my 90 day limit). Thank you! Any advice is greatly appreciated.

• Taxis available at Train Station?

Zaragoza Jun 22, 2016 at 8:59 AM

Are there taxis available from Zaragoza Delicias train Station?

1 Answer Jun 22, 2016 at 9:30 AM
    • Stopping for one night from Barcelona to Seville

Zaragoza Apr 23, 2016 at 5:39 PM

Just booked a room at Hotel Pilar Plaza. When arriving by train at Delicias is the best way into the old city by bus? If so how much does it cost, and how long does it take? Also, we haven't booked any train tix as of yet, because every time I'm on Loco2 there seems to be a problem. Are there enough options from Zaragoza to Seville to make stopping over for a night worth it?
      Thanks for help and advice?

3 Answers Apr 25, 2016 at 12:47 AM
    • Aneto route (no snow)

Aneto Jul 26, 2015 at 8:52 AM

I am thinking about climbing Aneto next month. I was wondering if it is possible to take a route without snow that will not take more than 1 or 2 days? Thank you.

• Day trip to San Juan de la Pena from Jaca

Jaca Apr 10, 2015 at 9:18 AM

I'll have completed my piligrimage from La Junquera (spanish/french border). For personal reason, i cannot walk the quasi last stage passing by San Juan de la Pena. (too steep).
      I will arrive, then to Jaca, from which, i wish to visit on a day trip, the two monasteries.
      You have understood that i have no car..

Is there any service from Jaca town with which i could reach San Juan de la Pena (bus, shuttle, or car renting for instance ?

2 Answers Apr 13, 2015 at 1:26 AM

Albarracín Aug 28, 2014 at 2:00 PM

how is road conditions between Teruel and Alberracin ? or easy to drive ?

2 Answers Aug 29, 2014 at 12:55 AM
    • travelnut71's Profile Photo

Free parking near this hotel (center)

Zaragoza Aug 4, 2014 at 6:11 AM

I will be at this hotel
      Hotel algo
      Contamina, 20-24
      Zaragoza, 50003, Spain

I would need to park my car overnight fees can be steep I usually walk blocks away to park any good ideas around the area?

11 Answers Aug 8, 2014 at 2:53 AM
    • Coach/bus tour from zaragoza

Zaragoza May 30, 2014 at 9:44 AM

Hi, I'll be staying at zaragoza for 3 weeks for some works. In between If possible I want to do a coach/bus tour of spain. Anyone knows if this is possible?

1 Answer May 30, 2014 at 11:26 PM
    • Madrid to Torla?

Torla May 30, 2014 at 1:15 AM

We will be in Spain this summer and would like to spend a few days in Torla. What is the best way to get to Torla from Madrid by public transport?

1 Answer May 30, 2014 at 7:32 AM
    • Holiday activities for 16 year olds

Zaragoza Apr 20, 2014 at 2:00 AM

Hello my daughter is coming to zaragozza to stay with our Spanish friends. I would like her to be occupied during the day, mixing with Spanish young people, engaged in some activity.

Many thanks Lisa

2 Answers Apr 22, 2014 at 4:36 AM
    • distance from Ainsa spain to Parque Nacional de ordesa

Parque Nacional de Ordesa Mar 8, 2014 at 2:06 PM

I would like to know how far Ainsa Spain is from the Parque Nacional de ordesa. thanks

3 Answers Mar 9, 2014 at 2:01 PM
    • Which area to stay in Andorra

Andorra Feb 25, 2014 at 4:36 PM

Hi, I am going to Andorra as a single traveller on 8 August. I am depending on public transport. I want to stay in the area with close access to day walks. Which is the best area to stay in and what are the day walks I could access? Thanks.

• gregorheard's Profile Photo

Living in Zaragoza

Zaragoza Jan 29, 2014 at 8:57 PM

We're looking to spend six months in Spain next year, and think Zaragoza would be a good spot to live. There is me, my wife and two young boys - they'll be four and one by there. In terms of Spanish speaking - I've done two uni-level units but am still very much in the basic category - Kate hasn't studied formally. I'd like to a short course at the uni. Our major questions surrounding getting good, medium term rentals for that period. What are the prices, and are there many furnished places? We were looking at somewhere between the Uni and the Casco Antiguo.... We're not planning on heading across for another year but fun to start planning now! Cheers, Gregor 

7 Answers Jan 30, 2014 at 1:11 PM
    • best guide for moderate walks around Torla?

Torla Jan 29, 2014 at 1:30 AM

Hi, Where is the best place to find info on moderate walks (5 - 7 hrs) or guide books on walks near Torla? We are an independent group and plan to stay in Torla early to late September. Many thanks. David

4 Answers Feb 10, 2014 at 1:44 PM
    • Zaragoza Airport - Pamplona by Buss

Zaragoza Jan 13, 2014 at 7:20 AM

Hi, I will fly on 1'st of April from Bucharest to Zaragoza.
      The plane will departure at 20h. At the same time the buss to Pamplona is scheduled for 20h too. So, my question is - Will the Buss wait for the passengers of my flight? I need this information for ticket booking.

2 Answers Jan 14, 2014 at 12:17 AM
    • Bus from pau france to Canfranc

Canfranc Nov 6, 2013 at 2:07 PM

What is the timetable and price of the bus from Pau France to Canfranc? we want to start our hike of the GR11 from Candanchu.

3 Answers Nov 8, 2013 at 8:57 AM
    • MacedonianUK's Profile Photo

Zaragoza-Mdrid train

Zaragoza Sep 15, 2013 at 1:25 PM

We are planing family trip to Zaragoza and Madrid for late Oct.
      Plan is as follows
      20-Oct to 24 Zaragoza
      Afternoon train to Madrid
      Madrid 24-28Oct
      28th early train to Zaragoza to pick up mid afternoon flight back home.

Now need more info on trains in Spain, I am looking into buying return tickets Zaragoza-Madrid-Zaragoza for 3 OAP ( over 65yrs old) 2 kids and 4 adults.
      I have been looking on
      But I am unable to ind special fares for OAPs.
      I would like to buy the tickets ASAP , so I might bag a bargain.
      Any suggestions please.

6 Answers Sep 16, 2013 at 7:54 AM
    • is the city busy mid-August

Zaragoza Aug 3, 2013 at 8:47 AM

We're travelling though Zaragoza in a few weeks time. Is it worth a night there as opposed to say Logrono? Would either be very busy? Or will all the residents have gone to the coast!

3 Answers Aug 3, 2013 at 11:59 AM
    • Nice paces to live near Zaragoza

Zaragoza Jul 8, 2013 at 2:37 PM

Hi there, we are moving to Spain in January for six months from Australia with our four young children. The purpose is for me (Brian) to learn Spanish and get the kids used to speaking it. Mum (Lina) is fluent and our children all understand everything in Spanish but speak mainly English.

We would like to live close to Zaragoza but not in the city itself. I will be attending Spanish classes at the University, while the kids go to a local school. We both want to practice our cooking and wine appreciation and possibly do some volunteer work with schools or church.

We had all of Spain to choose from and chose Zaragoza due to its climate between January and June and transport links to Madrid and Barcelona. All we need to find now is find a house to rent in small town or village with community, a winery nearby and a restaurant or two and our plan will be complete. Any advice anyone can offer on any of the above points will be very welcome indeed. Brian

10 Answers Jan 29, 2014 at 2:07 PM
    • Travel

Zaragoza Jul 4, 2013 at 1:57 PM

How to get from Canfranc to Zaragoza by bus or train?

2 Answers Jul 5, 2013 at 3:01 AM
    • garrouca's Profile Photo

bus on Aug. 15

Zaragoza Jun 27, 2013 at 3:05 AM

Hello I'm visiting Zaragoza on August 15 is there a possibility that would not be buses to Monasterio de Piedra Park since it will be holiday?

3 Answers Jun 27, 2013 at 7:30 AM
    • Is it possible to take a short trip from Zaragoza to the Monasterio de Piedra Park?

Zaragoza May 15, 2013 at 7:59 AM

I'm staying in Zaragoza for one day in July and the only thing I could find was an entire day trip. One bus leaves Zaragoza in the morning and returns in the evening. Is there anyway to go for a shorter amount of time? Is it possible to hire a driver or something like that?

1 Answer May 15, 2013 at 9:33 AM
    • aausrele's Profile Photo

Airport transfer

Zaragoza Feb 18, 2013 at 3:58 PM

What is the cheapest way of getting from Airport to the town centre? I am arriving at 22:00 mid April.

Thank you!

3 Answers Feb 18, 2013 at 11:29 PM
    • ChristineS16's Profile Photo

Moving to Zaragoza for studies

Zaragoza Jan 14, 2013 at 2:53 PM

Hi there,
      I came across this forum in my desperate search for accommodation in Zaragoza. My husband and I are moving there for close to a year from me to study at the University of Zaragoza.
      My classes will be from 4 - 8 pm everyday, I am looking for accommodation that will be walking distance to Campus Rio Ebro. I would preferably like to find accommodation before we arrive beginning of next month.
      The challenge we are facing is that we can't speak Spanish (my degree program is in English) so the accommodation websites are not making much sense. :-(. Are there are sites in English or possibly estate agents who speak English. I promise to learn the language once there.
      Any assistance you can give me will be greatly appreciated.
      Thank you.

3 Answers Jan 15, 2013 at 12:40 PM
    • Journey from Barcelona to Torla

Aragon Sep 9, 2012 at 1:31 PM

Hi lads,

can you please advise me how can we (2 persons) get from Barcelona to Torla village at Parque nacional de Ordesa as quick and cheap as possible? I mean by train and bus. I cannot find which towns should we go through and how quick can this journey can be done (on the weekend).
      I think we have to change in Aínsa, maybe in Lleida... How much does this cost altogether? We have quite limited budget.
      Thanks in advance.

1 Answer Sep 10, 2012 at 1:41 AM
    • johnnienewt's Profile Photo

getting to belchite

Belchite Aug 29, 2012 at 2:48 PM

ive looked on all the maps and belchite looks to be a pretty hard place to access, anyone know the nearist airport? either mainline or internal?
      thanks, johnnie

4 Answers Sep 2, 2012 at 8:53 AM
    • KatieJ14's Profile Photo

Monasterio de Piedra Park

Zaragoza Jul 18, 2012 at 3:13 AM

We are hoping to visit Zaragoza in September,
      which is the best way to get to the Monasterio de Piedra Park?
      I have looked on the website but am not sure how close the train/buses stop to the park, and how long it would take?
      Many thanks katie

1 Answer Jul 18, 2012 at 5:23 AM
    • FruitLover's Profile Photo

Any information about Jews here?

Daroca Dec 9, 2011 at 11:12 AM

History of Jewish Community in Daroca

My family's roots go back to this place in Spain, chronologically back to 13th century till the end of 15th century.

I'll be greatful for any one who will tell me any piece of information or reference about the Jewish community in Daroca.

6 Answers Dec 12, 2011 at 7:18 AM
    • Motorcycle parking

Zaragoza Jul 17, 2011 at 2:15 PM

We are passing through Zaragoza on our motorbike in september and would like to stop off to see Aljaferia. Is there anywhere we can park the bike?

• how much time do I need to get from Zaragoza airport to Delicias train station?

Zaragoza May 30, 2011 at 10:01 AM

Hello everyone
      This year, at the end of June, I'm planning to come to Spain. I'll be arriving in Zaragoza at 3:30pm and I want to go to Pamplona. The last train is leaving Delicias Station at 5:30pm. Let's say it will take me an hour to get out of the airport. my question is: can I get to Delicias in, let's say less than an hour BY BUS?
      Thank you

2 Answers May 30, 2011 at 11:45 PM
    • Moving to work in Zaragoza need advice

Zaragoza May 21, 2011 at 9:39 PM

Hi everyone I am new on the forum and wanted to ask a few questions in the hope to get suggestions and advice. I have been offered a volunteer position teaching English in Zaragoza and wanted to find more about it before deciding so the questions are as follows:

• Is apartment hunting difficult and can you find decent but cheap accommodation for one person? Does anyone know the rent per month in Euros for a studio or one bedroomed place? (Any websites you can signpost me to)

• Is English spoken or understood as I have never been to Spain or tried to speak Spanish.

• Can you meet people easily as I will not know a soul and would like to make friends outside the work environment.

• What is the weather like on all seasons? And what is the cost of living like compared to bigger cities in Spain.

• Are there good supermarkets and shopping centres or foreign brand shops.

• Any advice on what to bring or expect when living in Zaragoza and anything else a newcomer should know.

I would appreciate any suggestions or wisdom you may offer and hope to hear from you soon thanks.

Sunny :-)

8 Answers May 31, 2011 at 9:32 AM