change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Saagar's Profile Photo

Travelling to Lisbon with children in April

Portugal Jan 7, 2017 at 6:54 PM

My last attempt to go to Lisbon was in 2005, with my ageing mother. I had collected great tips from reading fellow VT'ers tips and assembled an array of ideas. The day before departure my mother keeled over with a stroke and did not regained sufficient strength to travel anymore. So now with the kids, trying again:
      Question 1: 3 things to do with children that need to be challenged, not entertained, aged 8-11 in Lisbon?
      Question 2: choice of 3 places to stay (towns, not necessarily hotels) on the Algarve coast between the Spanish border and the south-west cape, keeping kids in mind?

- Yes, indeed, I am reading all relevant info on the Portugal VT pages, but a little help would be good to cut through the jungle...

Thank you for any responses to what is probably one of my last questions before VT closes down...

more
    • Fishermen's Festival, Peniche

Peniche Dec 21, 2016 at 11:16 AM

10 years ago my wife and I were at Peniche for a Fishermen's Festival. There were outdoor tents serving food and dancing in the streets. Does anyone know when it will happen in 2017?

more
    • eating out

Albufeira Jan 5, 2017 at 6:37 AM

will be staying at the Auramar Beach Resort from the 20 to 27 January 2017. it`s my wife`s birthday on the 20 and our anniversary on the 22 January. was hoping to take her out on the 21st for a meal could anybody recommend a nice restaurant that do stakes. don't mind taxi ride in to town as I beleave it`s only 10 mins ride. thanks in advance

more
    • Hen do Early March

Albufeira Jan 5, 2017 at 3:13 AM

Hi, what is the night life in Albuferia in early March?

more
    • Autumn9's Profile Photo

Quiet area near Lisbon

Portugal Jan 4, 2017 at 6:02 AM

We are a group of around 10 mature adults, including artists and writers, looking for a villa in a quiet, picturesque are within reach of Lisbon. Can anyone suggest a non-touristy, quiet but interesting area we should be looking at?

more
    • Jo8Joe's Profile Photo

Coimbra to Nazare by Train and bus?

Coimbra Jan 1, 2017 at 10:22 AM

I am in the process of planning our trip to Portugal in late January. I'm hoping someone can help give advice  .... we are travelling from Aveiro to Nazare by bus/train. The Alfa Pendular#124 will take us to Coimbra Station B. From here we walk to the Redo Expressos( is there a sidwalk along here?)which stops in Leira then onto Nazare. Can anyone familiar with the area confirm if I am correct?

more
    • philosykos's Profile Photo

Airport bus...Aeroport or #44?

Lisbon Dec 31, 2016 at 8:28 PM

Hello..I understand there is the aeroport bus but also the #44 bus..that follows the same route? Do you buy tickets on the bus? Need they be validated? And are the stops visible on the bus by sign?? I would need Rossio stop.Many thanks!

more
    • curmo's Profile Photo

10 Day Trip - Algarve & Seville

Algarve Dec 22, 2016 at 9:20 AM

My wife and I are spending 10 days in the Algarve area next April. We fly in and out of Faro and will be picking up and dropping off our hire car in that location. I'm thinking of staying in three or four different locations and would like to do a circular tour in our hire car. It seems sensible to take in Seville. Any ideas for towns where a couple of nights would be a pleasant experience? Our interests are history, culture and moderate walking. Phil C

more