VirtualTourist.com will close on Feb 27th.

Please save any personal content and exchange contact info with other members you’d like to stay in touch with. Thank you for your contributions to the VirtualTourist community.

Travel Answers
Andermatt

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• suekay3's Profile Photo

What to see in Basel

Basel Jan 7, 2017 at 7:02 PM

We only have one afternoon in Basel before our cruise ship leaves. What should we see in the 3-4 hours that we have?

more
    • 2 days Itinerary to explore Switzerland

Lausanne Jan 12, 2017 at 2:56 PM

Can anyone help me with my itinerary? I'll be staying in Lausanne for 2 weeks and have one weekend free to explore the beauty of Switzerland. I would like to see the Swiss Alps also Chateau de Chillon and other great places. please help!

more
    • Proper Clothing

Lausanne Jan 4, 2017 at 6:16 AM

Hi,
      I'll be there in Lausanne on the 23rd of January, given the weather forecasts what is the proper clothing to wear?
      Also purpose of travel is for business any recommendation of poaces to explore after office hours? Which is more cheaper Lausanne to Paris or Lausanne to Milan.

Thank You.

more
    • Any cheaper alternatives to Switzerland with similar scenery

Switzerland Jan 15, 2017 at 8:48 AM

Hi,

I was wondering if there were other countries or regions in other countries with beautiful scenery like in Switzerland
      - quaint villages
      - glaciers, ice caves
      - pretty castles
      - decent public transport

more
    • Andermatt or Interlaken travelling with a 6 year old and a 1.5 year old

by smehdi Online Now Apr 8, 2014 at 5:09 AM

we are planning to drive from Switzerland into Italy. Im not sure where to start from Andermatt or Interlaken? Im looking for scenic drives and also want to stay in either Andermatt or interlaken for few days and explore the area, visit local farms, see cheesemaking, Chocalte making etc. Anyone have expeirence in these areas? our next stop will be Lugano/Lake como after switzerland so any routes you can suggest in particular. Which area would be best for scenic drives and to stay in and for kids ?

3 Answers Apr 8, 2014 at 6:03 PM
    • mrpearsonchristo's Profile Photo

Bears and Andermatt

by mrpearsonchristo Online Now Jun 8, 2013 at 10:20 AM

Does anyone know if bears actually inhabitated the Valley

4 Answers Jun 8, 2013 at 3:56 PM
    • jserel's Profile Photo

Place to store luggage?? Rent snowboard??

by jserel Online Now Feb 11, 2012 at 6:31 AM

Hi,

We are traveling from zurich to como and planning on stopping to snowboard in andermatt along the way. Wondering if anyone knows a place to store our luggage while we snowboard for the day?? And if anyone knows where to rent equipment?

Also, was wondering if a ticket to snowboard in andermatt, gemsstock, allows yountomski the other peaks as well??

Thanks.

3 Answers Feb 11, 2012 at 2:39 PM
    • teufelsbrucke

by marsik Online Now May 2, 2010 at 6:47 AM

How can I visit the Devil's Bridge (Teufelsbrucke)near Suvorow monument on Reuss (Switzerland)?
      I'd like not to use car. May I take bus from Andermatt or Goschenen? What bus? Where is the timetable? (I can't find this connection on SBB site.)
      Tnanks in advance.
      Marsik.

2 Answers May 2, 2010 at 11:28 AM
    • depal's Profile Photo

St Gothard Pass Road reports

by depal Online Now Apr 24, 2008 at 5:35 PM

Are there any sites where I can get upto date info on road conditions for mountain passes mainly the St Gotthard pass for the middle of May 2008. Traveling Uk to Lake Garda

2 Answers Apr 24, 2008 at 11:28 PM