Travel Answers
Anaktuvuk Pass

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• How would you spend 10 hours in Unalaska?

Dutch Harbor Jul 25, 2016 at 5:16 PM

My husband, son (2.5 years old), and I will be visiting Dutch Harbor in September on a cruise ship. We have contacted Bobbie (Extra Mile Tours) for a tour but have not heard back from her yet. As a plan B, we are thinking of renting a car for the day. Can anyone recommend an itinerary or places not to miss?

We love driving through beautiful scenery, stopping for photographs, viewing wildlife in their natural habitat, and learning about different cultures. I read in a previous post that Captain's Bay Road is a great place for whale watching. We were thinking about stopping at the Holy Ascension of Our Lord Christ. What else?

Thank you in advance for your assistance.

more
    • Northern Lights necklace

Alaska Jul 14, 2016 at 1:59 PM

Hi All!

I really hope you can help. We did a Disney Cruise to Alaska last summer and at one port (either Skagway, Juneau, or Ketchikan) I bought a necklace from a jewelry store that was called "Northern Lights" for $10. They had matching earrings for the same price but I bought the necklace only. Real or not real, it didn't matter...I loved it. It was just a small, round stone. We moved about 6 weeks ago, and somehow...in the midst of moving...the necklace is missing. It's driving me nuts and I am really mad about it. So, now I wanted to see if I could possibly find the jewelry store who sold it to me and contact them about possibly ordering another one. I can picture the store from the outside, but cannot exactly recall the port, the store's name, or any of it. I am hoping perhaps one of you guys could help me!! I would really greatly appreciate any help you could offer. Thanks! It's very much appreciated it.

-Alison

more
    • Alaska in April

Alaska Jul 5, 2016 at 10:39 AM

Planning to travel to alaska for a week in April. What are the main cities to visit?

more