VirtualTourist.com will close on Feb 27th.

Please save any personal content and exchange contact info with other members you’d like to stay in touch with. Thank you for your contributions to the VirtualTourist community.

Travel Answers
Ambri

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• loose_motion's Profile Photo

Exchanging money at Zurich airport

Zürich Jan 30, 2017 at 8:16 AM

I ve tried to look up the exchange rates but all the money exchangers at the Zurich airport website link to their parent company . Is it better to take swiss francs from Canada or exchange the money upon arrival at Zurich ? I will need some cash rightaway at the airport but other than that , I can wait until I get into the city and try and get a better rate to get cash for hotel and train tix .
      Is there somewhere to find out the ongoing exchange rates ?

more
    • Swiss Travel Pass Query

Switzerland Jan 24, 2017 at 11:01 PM

I will be arriving to Zurich and taking the train to Lucerne after arrival. I will be in Lucerne for about a week, including day trips. From Lucerne I will be travelling to Colmar in France.

My question is - if I buy an 8 day Swiss Pass does it include the travel from Zurich to Lucerne, all the day trips from Lucerne and the Swiss train travel part on the way to Colmar (till Basel)? I'm just asking because i understand that not all routes are included in the pass and I don't want any surprises.

Thank you

more