Travel Answers
Ambato

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• What is the best way to access Montecristi in Manabi at the moment after the earthquakes?

Ecuador 15 hours ago

I am from Australia and need to plan a trip to Montecristi in Manabi province in order to provide relief aid. What would be the best way to get there? Thank you

more
    • Quito to Cuenca

Quito Jul 28, 2016 at 11:39 PM

Would like to go by bus in 1 direction but have read horror stories about dangers, cleanliness of bathrooms or lack thereof, no break stops on a 10 hour trip, etc. The picture has not been pretty but this info may be old. I am not a 1st class flyer but do need certain comforts. Can someone update me on this means of travel.....which bus line is the best, etc. I value the responses I have received in the past so look forward to any info one can provide. Thanks!

more
    • legoanakin's Profile Photo

Getting to Laguna Quilotoa and accommodation

Laguna Quilotoa Aug 9, 2016 at 3:38 PM

Hi,

I will soon be going to Quito and would like to visit Laguna Quilotoa. From the research i've done I think I want to avoid a day trip from Quito because of the travel time leaving not so much time at the Laguna.

Is it possible to reach by bus or should I hire a car in Quito?

If hiring a car does it need to be a 4x4 and any idea of how much it costs to hire for 2 days?

Is there plenty of accommodation at the Laguna?

Thanks in advance for any help!

more

Near Ambato