change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• alstjohn's Profile Photo

Train between Zurich and Berne

Switzerland Oct 22, 2016 at 1:50 PM

I am arriving on a flight at 8 pm on a tuesday in Zurich (next month). How long will it take me to me to get to
      Berne from the Airport should i decide to head for Berne that night? i have swiss rail travel pass.
      thank you for any help.

• Mt Titlis Maintenance

Lucerne Oct 18, 2016 at 8:21 PM

May i know the maintenance period for 2016?

• MarijaStojicevic's Profile Photo

Chaplin's world

Vevey Oct 8, 2016 at 5:33 PM

Has anyone been yet at the Museum Chaplin's world and at his house Manoir de Ban? Because I want to go there and I need an advice how to get it, where to stay (2 nights perhaps and no so much expansive hotel for me and my family), then how it looks like and the other advices as travel guide

• alstjohn's Profile Photo

use Zurich or Bern as base city to explore?

Zürich Oct 2, 2016 at 10:35 AM

Visiting switzerland for first time. Would really like to see Lucern, Interlaken area and Bern /Zurich?  will be in the country for 5 days before flying out of Zurich to  visit Sevilla. thanks

• Skiing at the Matterhorn in Early June

by DCIdaho8 Online Now Mar 18, 2015 at 5:51 AM

My daughter and I are driving from Rome up to the Alps. We are interested in skiing at the Matterhorn. However, we don't want to pack ski clothes. Will we need parkas at that time of year? I know we can rent equipment. Any advice as to where, how much, etc? Anyone who has done this, please share your experience. Also, any advice as to where to stay? We will only be there one night. Thank you.

1 Answer Mar 18, 2015 at 9:42 AM
    • trdmeier's Profile Photo

visit to europe

by trdmeier Online Now Jun 26, 2014 at 6:27 AM

August 2015 we are taking a Rhine Cruise leaving from Basel, Switz. We love scenery and mts. Wanted to come to Europe before the cruise with our son and his wife. We are seniors and they are in their 30's. I thought possibly London, then Paris, then Basel. Switz. seems to offer so much. Suggestions?

18 Answers Jun 29, 2014 at 10:29 AM
    • Alp area from munich

by Drghazi Online Now Sep 11, 2013 at 8:11 AM

Hi which is best area in alp. Near munich we can visit by public transport & how
      Thank u
      Dr ghazi

9 Answers Sep 11, 2013 at 4:51 PM
    • Driving through the Alps in April

by ell369 Online Now Jan 2, 2012 at 7:36 AM

Hi folks

My girlfriend and I are planning a very long trip around Central and Northern Europe in our campervan. We have done alot of research, but the Alps is something we need a little help with. What are the driving and weather conditions like during April? We plan to travel from place to place in the camper, stopping to do outdoor activities like hiking. We don't mind it being cold, but I'd rather the roads weren't either closed or dangerous whilst in an old VW!

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

2 Answers Jan 2, 2012 at 11:12 AM
    • Switz.Italy.France Rail passes

by bounder Online Now Feb 22, 2011 at 8:54 PM

We will be traveling in Italy, also Switzerland and France, then back to Italy. We need rail transportation in several locations: First five Italian town to Italian town trips, but also from Milan to Inerlaken, then Interlaken to Montreaux, Montreaux to Vallorcine, France and then Aosta back to Milan.
      I am not sure what pass or combo of passes to get; Swiss Pass, Italian pass. euro pass??? I appreciate the advice. Thanks.

1 Answer Feb 22, 2011 at 9:56 PM
    • highest point by car

by lvpool05 Online Now Feb 18, 2011 at 7:34 AM

1) What is the highest point that you can drive up to around the Bernese Oberland without using cable car or train?

2) What is the weather like during the middle of May around the Bernese Oberland? Temperature and rainfall?

4 Answers Feb 18, 2011 at 9:52 AM
    • Help on swiss passes

by AmyKitchen Online Now Feb 5, 2011 at 3:04 AM

Hello, We are driving over to Switzerland this July and using Interlaken as our base for 9 days, during this we have booked one night in Zermatt. We intend on using swiss transport whilst there, but are totally confused at which pass to buy. There's the swiss youth pass (we're 23) but then there are also the 'Jungfrau Region 6 Day Pass' and 'The Adventure Card Upper Valais - Uri - Grisons pass'.
      Basically, we want the pass (or passes) that give us the cheapest travel for traveling:
      from Interlaken to Zermatt,
      Harder Kulm,
      Schynige Platte,
      Jungfraujoch (Top),
      and Grindelwald.
      But we are then driving over to Davos for 3 days and will be using swiss transport there too.
      I cant seem to find anything about what discounts or free usage you can get on any cable cars etc (as we'll be using them a lot)
      Can anyone help?
      Many thanks!

7 Answers Feb 6, 2011 at 12:03 AM
    • Base in Lucerne

by mark711 Online Now Nov 29, 2005 at 7:05 AM

Hi all,

I'd be making a trip to Lucerne this December and would like to go to the Swiss Alps. Is it possible to base myself at Lucerne and make a day trip to the Alps or do I have to stay at one of those Alps resorts?

2 Answers Nov 29, 2005 at 8:55 AM
    • Skiing in the Alps

by LoisWiz Online Now Feb 14, 2005 at 3:05 AM

How long does it take to get from Geneva Aiprort to Les Arcs and how difficult is it to arrange the transportation?

2 Answers Feb 14, 2005 at 8:51 AM