Algeria

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Travel to Guelma

Algeria Jul 27, 2015 at 1:30 AM

I live in Finland. I am planning to visit Guelma. I am wondering what is the best way to be there. Should I rent car from Constantine airport? How safe it is to drive on the northern part of Algeria? Can I use my Finnish driving license to drive in Algeria?

1 Answer Aug 7, 2015 at 10:15 AM
      • Visa length

Algeria Jul 17, 2015 at 9:10 AM

I applied for a visa to Algeria they received it on June 30, I have yet to received it or my american passport back. How long does it normally take? The embassy in New York never answers the phone. Should I be worried?

6 Answers Jul 20, 2015 at 11:01 AM
      • ant gay bar/clubs in Algiers and Oran?

Algeria Jul 14, 2015 at 10:14 AM

hi everyone,

i am traveling to algeria in 2 weeks. i am black gay guy late 20s"not camp" and i wanted to find out is there any gay bar/club to go in Algiers or Oran? also how much money do i need for a week just to eat out dinner everyday?

thank you in advance your reply will be much appreciated..:)

7 Answers Jul 14, 2015 at 2:53 PM
      • Travelling to Algiers alone

Algeria Jun 29, 2015 at 5:00 PM

Hey! Im planning in travelling to Algiers to meet my boyfriend (i know him well so thats not a concern). I am 18 and im going to stay at a hotel with my boyfriend (not the same room of course), we are not planning on going out too much, only in the day time and mainly just to buy food.

Will it be safe? I feel like it will because its not like i'll ever be alone, but considering what just happened in Tunisia, and also in general since i am a girl and so young, what do you think? And if i go should i wear hijab just in case, or will it be fine as long as i cover my body well?

7 Answers Jul 1, 2015 at 9:57 PM
      • how many times can i visit algeria

Algeria Jun 19, 2015 at 2:46 PM

i am a woman muslim convert to islalm and i married algerian man muslim we got married on may 28 2015 and i was there like last month and i wanted to know how many time can i visit algeria?

7 Answers Jun 19, 2015 at 8:25 PM
      • Ramadan Rules

Algeria Jun 18, 2015 at 8:58 AM

My boyfriend is a Muslim i'm not. Is it true that we cannot talk to each other during Ramadan via Skype, email, phone etc.? I know this is a travel site but i have tried to google it and have not had any luck. Will someone please help

31 Answers Jun 20, 2015 at 4:04 AM
      • Visa Extension

Algeria May 30, 2015 at 1:50 AM

Hi, I have a tourist visa for Algeria which was given for 30 days instead of 90 days. Is it still possible to extend my visa at the Police Station? I heard that it's still possible but don't know for sure. My Fiance says it's ok, but need to know if anyone has experience of this recently. I need to book my flight, so does that mean I have to book a return flight up to the 30 days? After that, if I'm granted an extension, would they just change the date of my return, or would I need to pay again for a new return date? Hope that makes sense! Need some urgent advice, cannot get through to the Embassy/Consulate.

5 Answers Jun 11, 2015 at 3:26 PM
      • What to wear?

Algeria May 20, 2015 at 5:01 PM

Hi,
        I'm visiting Algeria next week to meet my in laws for the first time (Very apprehensive) I'm just wondering what I should wear and if I should wear a Hijab? I'm getting conflicting information from friends who have visited before.
        Thanks

4 Answers May 22, 2015 at 2:15 PM
      • What to wear?

Algeria May 20, 2015 at 5:01 PM

Hi,
        I'm visiting Algeria next week to meet my in laws for the first time (Very apprehensive) I'm just wondering what I should wear and if I should wear a Hijab? I'm getting conflicting information from friends who have visited before.
        Thanks

4 Answers May 29, 2015 at 8:56 AM
      • Staying for one year

Algeria Apr 27, 2015 at 7:09 AM

Hi Guys,

I would like to travel to Algeria from the UK as soon as possible. I know that one the visa application for a tourist visa you have options of 30 days or 90 days. I would like to stay for much longer, roughly a year if possible as its such a beautiful country and I have many friends who live there that I would like to visit. I have been told that when you are in Algeria you are able to go to any local police station and update your visa to last for longer, is this true? I would really like to stay for a long period of time and I just need some kind of confirmation that when in the country you are able to extend your visa to stay for a long period.

Thanks, Sofyaan

1 Answer Apr 27, 2015 at 10:38 AM
      • Travelling in a group

Algeria Apr 25, 2015 at 9:50 AM

Hi, is someone able to tell me of any reasonable hotels near Tazmalt, district of Bejaia? I would like one or two of family to visit me for when I get married in that area. Also, if anyone can let me know if they have any experience of making a group booking for a family of 4 to visit for the wedding that would be great. Would I need a letter of invite from my Fiance or would I just need a hotel booking confirmation? Not getting any answers so help would be appreciated if anyone knows. Thanks.

• 17 year old traveling alone

Algeria Apr 5, 2015 at 11:27 PM

Hello everyone, i am planning to go to Algeria this summer the problem is i am 17 years old, and i would go there by my self is it possible go get a visa? I am italian and i have friends there... What do i need to get a visa?
        Thanks in advance

3 Answers Apr 6, 2015 at 7:21 AM
      • Changing Money

Algeria Mar 26, 2015 at 7:35 AM

I'm traveling to algeria how or where can I do to change us money into Algerian money? please help

4 Answers May 16, 2015 at 2:11 PM
      • sajidubaidulla's Profile Photo

Travelling to Algiers

Algeria Feb 17, 2015 at 12:31 PM

Am Planning a trip to Algiers to meet my girlfriend. I get to know that unmarried are not allowed to stay together in one hotel room. Is this true or i should book only for myslef. We both are Muslims and am an Indian, travelling from from far away. Please anyone can advise me on this.

4 Answers Feb 19, 2015 at 4:42 AM
      • MelissaA8's Profile Photo

going to algeria

Algeria Feb 17, 2015 at 7:08 AM

Want to go to algeria from uk could anyone give me advise please whats it like please message me thank you

16 Answers Feb 17, 2015 at 11:56 PM
      • where does it located exactely in algeria

Wilaya de Constantine Jan 24, 2015 at 12:37 AM

where does it located exactely in algeria

1 Answer Jan 24, 2015 at 12:52 AM
      • Music tour around the mediterranean

Algeria Dec 26, 2014 at 5:17 AM

I am a musician that wants to tour the mediterranean. I will start in morocco and travel eastward to Algeria, Tunisia, Libya and Egypt.

The plan is to buy a cheap car in Algeria and start travel east. It sounds simple, but I guess there will be some challenges along the way. The norwegian foreign affairs advocates people to not go to Algeria, Tunisia, Libya and Egypt now. That is something that I am a bit suspicious about and I think it is best to make up my own opinion about security in these countries. I hope members in this forum can help me in this matter.

The tour is still in a planning stage, and it will hopefully become a reality in late 2015 or spring 2016.

I am wondering about the security situation in Algeria and I am also very curious about how it is to cross the border from Morocco and into Algeria. Can anyone help me about these matters?

9 Answers Feb 17, 2015 at 11:44 PM
      • Stroller's Profile Photo

How much does taxi cost for airport to city center in Algiers?

Algeria Dec 16, 2014 at 5:46 AM

Thank you very much in advance for your advice!

6 Answers Jun 24, 2015 at 9:45 AM
      • Working in Algiers OR Hassi Messaoud

Algiers Nov 29, 2014 at 3:59 PM

Hello Guys,
        I will be working in Algiers or Hassi Messaoud. I'm wondering how much freedom I would have.
        I'm Canadian caucasian and working in the oil/gas industry. Putting data into software.
        Would I be able to run along the beach. I'm not much into sightseeing so I would only want to get outside because of cabin fever etc..

Thanks in advance.
        Canadian Guy

4 Answers Dec 6, 2014 at 4:48 PM
      • Stroller's Profile Photo

Are Algiers, Oran and Mostaganem safe right now?

Algeria Oct 30, 2014 at 4:13 AM

Hi, I'm thinking of travelling to Algeria with my wife and 6 year old son at the end of December. Could anyone tell me if it is safe to travel to Algiers, Oran and Mostaganem? What will be the best means of transport between these places? Will one week be too tight to visit all the three? Many thanks in advance!

11 Answers Nov 1, 2014 at 2:29 PM
      • Traveling to Algeria?

Algeria Oct 14, 2014 at 8:09 AM

Hi, I'm a woman that is a us citizen from Miami, I'm planning to travel to Algeria to visit my boyfriend. What do I need to do? Also I'm planning to travel June 2015. Is it safe? Please help :)

14 Answers Oct 15, 2014 at 7:22 AM
      • Medical exam

Algeria Sep 21, 2014 at 7:04 PM

Can anyone tell me if they are charging 450.00 for an exam to get out of Africa at the airport?
        Need a response adapt! Thank you

3 Answers Sep 22, 2014 at 3:04 PM
      • English speaking guide for tour of Casbah in Algiers

Algeria Sep 21, 2014 at 11:14 AM

I am travelling to Algeria in December 2014 and would like to know if i can hire an English speaking guide to take me on a tour through the old Casbah of Algiers. My stay will be very short, 3-4 hours. If someone knows a travel company or availability to hire a guide in the Airport, kindly tell me that.

3 Answers Sep 24, 2014 at 1:50 PM
      • philosykos's Profile Photo

Tradtional/local face creams..products from Algeria.

Algeria Aug 18, 2014 at 12:24 AM

A friend will be in Algeria..would like her to pick up a couple things since she asked....what are some of the local tradtional face creams made in Algeria and used? Or any other special ointments etc? I like searching for those tradtinal long tme products from countries! Many thxs!

2 Answers Aug 21, 2014 at 3:10 AM
      • artofvintage's Profile Photo

Travel to Tamanrasset

Tamanrasset Jul 25, 2014 at 11:22 AM

I want to travel to Tamanrasset. Can anyone tell me if it is safe to go there now and what is the best way to get there from UK…or Morocco. I am a woman travelling alone.

1 Answer Sep 29, 2014 at 5:04 AM
      • Tiparoch's Profile Photo

Englsh speaking guide in Tamanrasset...?

Wilaya de Tamanghasset Jul 18, 2014 at 3:52 AM

I have a visa to Alergia, ticket to Tam...but the guide I was in contact with has disappeared. Anyone have a contact of a company that can set something up ? Leaving soon! I have some French...SOME..and a tiny bit of Arabic..but phrasebooks.. :--) any ideas?

1 Answer Jul 18, 2014 at 5:05 PM
      • Boattrip Alger

Algeria Jul 11, 2014 at 2:31 AM

Is there any chance that we can make a boattrip/ dive in Alger??

JUST FOR 1 DAY!!  so not a ferry to Marseille etc. but a little boat... If so, where can i book it and what is the price?

5 Answers Jul 11, 2014 at 6:31 AM
      • GulsahG's Profile Photo

Money submit & change

Algeria Jul 9, 2014 at 2:38 PM

Do I have to submit my money (dolars or euros) to someone in airport? And for example, if I forget to submit how much money I have, can I still exchange it to dinars in Alger?

6 Answers Jul 11, 2014 at 3:15 PM
      • vanessacosta's Profile Photo

Travel with my son to Algeria

Algeria Jul 8, 2014 at 3:04 AM

Hello there,

I want to travel with my 2 year old son for Algeria. We are of Portuguese origin. I'm not married or divorced, I'm a single mother. I want to know what we need to go to Algeria. Quesque I need and quesque my son need? Can you give me any info please?

Thank you,
        Vanessa

6 Answers Jul 8, 2014 at 6:55 AM
      • cwaterbury's Profile Photo

Black Market Rate in Algiers

Algeria Jul 7, 2014 at 10:55 PM

How easy is it to change Dollars on the black market? What is the present rate approx?

6 Answers Jul 11, 2014 at 3:56 PM