Travel Answers

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• time tables for urban busses

Algarve Oct 19, 2016 at 3:56 PM

does anybody know how to catch a proximo bus to get to the busstation.
      shall leave for the airport

2 Answers Oct 20, 2016 at 4:24 AM
    • Thommy_p's Profile Photo

Things to do when visiting Algarve in December?

Lagos Oct 3, 2016 at 12:26 PM

We are traveling to Lagos in end of December and now looking for fun things to do/see to keep the children activated and happy. Our children is 4, 8 and 16 yrs old.

2 Answers Oct 4, 2016 at 1:27 AM
    • Albufeira for a 6 and 9 year old

Albufeira Sep 25, 2016 at 1:16 AM

Packing for a 6 and 9 year old half term week and first trip abroad to albufeira! Will they need wetsuit for pool and or sea? What else may they need? What is there for them to do and do we need to book trips in advance? One allergic to nuts ? Any tips at all would be great thank you

7 Answers Sep 30, 2016 at 5:21 AM
    • Resort Help.....

Algarve Sep 22, 2016 at 2:29 AM

We would like to holiday in the Algarve in 2017 and would appreciate some help. We are looking for a resort that is not overly busy and without the night clubs etc, but has some shops that you can stroll around of an evening. If anyone has been to Es Cana in Ibiza somewhere sililar would be great. We are looking for an all inclusive hotel. Does anyone know of any and can recommend to save hours of trawling the net and travel brouchers? Many thanks in advance for any help . Gareth & Family

3 Answers Sep 22, 2016 at 4:43 AM
    • AidanM62's Profile Photo

Day Trips from Albufeira

Albufeira Sep 17, 2016 at 11:48 AM

Hi Guys We're heading to Albufeira Old Town for a week on monday. Any suggestions for day trips or places of interest nearby ? We won't be hiring a car.

Also, any tips for good bars or restaraunts in the area would be appreciated. We're staying on Av da Liberdades.

8 Answers Sep 23, 2016 at 2:36 PM
    • Transportation Lagos-Armacao de Pera-Faro

Algarve Sep 13, 2016 at 4:42 AM

Hi! Is there an official website with info about the buses around Algarve or should I trust this one?
      I am worried that if it isn't correct and we miss our bus to Faro, there is no alternate transportation from Armacao de Pera. Also, after our boat trip from there, we want to get to Praia da Marinha, can we get a taxi to there and would it be expensive? Can you reccommend a company I can use with a safe mind? In general, transportation without a car seems kinda complicated....

6 Answers Sep 15, 2016 at 12:38 PM
    • 5 days too much for a solo traveller?

Lagos Sep 5, 2016 at 5:33 AM

I'm planning to visit Lagos in December. I'm travelling alone and I don't go out to night clubs or bars.
      I want to go to Lagos and Algarve just to see the beautiful scenery. Now i'm wondering if 5 days might be too much?
      I know it can be quite chilly and rainy so I can't just spend the days laying on the beach.
      I won't have a car, I will walk and take the bus so I believe I will be kinda limited regarding how far away from the center I can go.
      What do you think? Will I get bored?

3 Answers Sep 5, 2016 at 11:41 AM
    • Help need online souvenir shop!!

Albufeira Aug 8, 2016 at 3:38 AM

I just came back from albufeira, I had bought all nice souvenirs from the shop near the escalators near Praia pescadores. Picture frames, wooden light houses. All for my kids. Please tell me there is a shop that sells it online that I could buy from?!!! This is heartbreaking! I had lost the whole bag of souvenirs.

1 Answer Aug 8, 2016 at 12:53 PM
    • Drinking water

Albufeira Jul 25, 2016 at 3:18 PM

I'm travelling to the Algarve for the first time, with young children. Can someone tell me whether the tap water is safe to drink please?

9 Answers Jul 29, 2016 at 10:22 PM
    • travelling from evora

Vila Real de Santo António Jul 5, 2016 at 4:25 AM

how do i get direct to Vila Real de Santo António or Tavira by bus or other transport?
      Thank you

2 Answers Jul 5, 2016 at 4:32 PM
    • transportation

Silves Jun 28, 2016 at 9:27 AM

I presume that the best way to travel from Faro airport to Silves is by airshuttle, but can anybody tell me what is the best way to travel from Silves to Nora?

3 Answers Jun 30, 2016 at 5:56 AM
    • Beach or pool party recommendation

Albufeira Jun 13, 2016 at 12:48 PM

A group of 18 ladies are visiting very soon as part of a hen party. The Bride really wants a beach or pool party on Sunday 3rd July late afternoon onwards but I am struggling to find something suitable.
      We are all late twenties - mid thirties so want something suited to our age group - does anyone have any recommendations?

3 Answers Jun 15, 2016 at 10:55 AM
    • Shops and eating

Armação de Pêra Jun 12, 2016 at 11:17 AM

what is the area like for typical english meals?
      What is the area like for typical touristy shops?

4 Answers Jun 15, 2016 at 11:05 AM
    • giaht's Profile Photo

Transport Service - From Faro to Albufeira

Faro Jun 6, 2016 at 1:44 PM

Sure i book a transport service in advance... And what company?

6 Answers Sep 29, 2016 at 11:17 PM
    • Slide and Splash tickets

Carvoeiro Jun 6, 2016 at 6:25 AM

Travelling to Carvoeiro this week where is the best place to buy slide and splash discounted tickets

1 Answer Jun 7, 2016 at 8:23 AM
    • Maurizioago's Profile Photo

Restaurants and cafes near rua de Tenis.

Albufeira May 18, 2016 at 2:00 PM

I booked a room at Vila Emilia. It is located at rua de Tenis. Could anybody suggest some good restaurants and a cafe or confectionery to have breakfast not far from rua de Tenis?

2 Answers May 19, 2016 at 9:17 AM
    • Boattrip albufeira

Algarve May 17, 2016 at 10:39 AM

Hey everybody!

Me and My partner are looking for a nice, all day boattrip with not too many people for this thursday. Anyone knows something nog too touristic?

2 Answers May 19, 2016 at 3:30 PM
    • Looking for a long beach with hard sand to walk on in Albufeira

Albufeira May 14, 2016 at 2:15 PM

Can anyone tell me if Praia dos Pescadores is a good beach to walk on? We've walked on Falesia beach and the hard sand is fabulous to walk on but many other beaches in the area, while fabulous, have soft sand and therefore, are not good for walking on. I thought Praia dos Pescadores might have enough hard sand along the sea-edge for us to walk its length. How long is it actually? If not this one, any other suggestions close by. Many thanks in advance for any advice you can offer. Cheers, John (only joined VT this minute!)

21 Answers May 22, 2016 at 11:54 AM

Accomodation not far from the center.

Albufeira May 11, 2016 at 2:42 PM

I am checking various hotels in Albufeira these days. It is tricky for me to know where to find a hotel which is not far from the center of this town. Any help?

I' d also like some suggestion for a hotel or guest house there. I can spend around 40 euros per night. Maybe a bit more.

5 Answers May 13, 2016 at 4:59 AM

Is it far from the town center?

Albufeira May 8, 2016 at 10:56 AM

How long does it takes to go from this hotel to the center of Albufeira?

15 Answers May 12, 2016 at 4:01 AM
    • Warning issued over weekend flooding?

Algarve May 7, 2016 at 2:57 PM

Hi, I just read about heavy rains in Southern Portugal (The Portugal’s National Civil Protection Authority (ANPC) said historically vulnerable areas - such as Lisbon, Faro and Albufeira - could flood again because of the amount of rain expected).
      I am travelling to Lisbon and Algarve in a few days – how bad is the flooding? Thanks!

2 Answers May 8, 2016 at 3:47 AM
    • Surfing for beginners - Lagos or Portimao?

Algarve May 6, 2016 at 3:37 AM

Hi all, we want to take 2 days of surfing lessons (complete beginners) next week. Still have not decided where to do it, Lagos and Portimao – any advice? (how long is the drive to the beaches, how are wave conditions for beginners, and quality of surf schools)

1 Answer May 6, 2016 at 7:27 AM
    • Ekaterinburg's Profile Photo

How easy is it to get a taxi in Albufeira ?

Albufeira May 4, 2016 at 1:48 PM

Reading some comments on TA at the weekend and some people said it was extremely difficult to get a taxi in Albufeira and that at peak times you could be waiting for more then an hour. I'm really hoping someone here will tell me that that's rubbish.

12 Answers May 30, 2016 at 11:46 AM

Public transportation from Faro to Albufeira.

Albufeira Apr 24, 2016 at 9:35 AM

Are there any buses from Faro to Albufeira after 7 p. m.?

Where can I see the timetables?

8 Answers Apr 27, 2016 at 4:52 AM
    • olhos d agua

Olhos de Água Apr 23, 2016 at 9:21 AM

hi is there plenty for an 11 year old to do in olhos d agua , is their a water park near by etc.
      we usually go to Majorca for family orientated hols plenty to do but not mad busy is the Algarve similar or does it differ

1 Answer Apr 25, 2016 at 4:45 AM
    • Reserving accomodation in Algarve?

Algarve Apr 18, 2016 at 4:09 PM

Hi, I am planning to travel around Algarve at the end of May, still not sure where exactly. Do I have to reserve accomodation in advance, or can I do it from there? Is there good wifi? Thanks!

6 Answers Apr 20, 2016 at 5:53 PM
    • lone female traveller

Monte Gordo Apr 10, 2016 at 6:52 AM

im travelling to monte gordo at the weekend, is it safe for lone female travellers?

3 Answers Apr 16, 2016 at 8:36 AM
    • Rodaroo's Profile Photo

Private shuttle - Faro airport to Lagos

Faro Apr 2, 2016 at 12:00 PM

Wondering if someone can point me in the right direction.
      Looking for a private shuttle for 6 people from the airport in Faro to Lagos.

Thanks for your help.

10 Answers May 31, 2016 at 1:52 AM
    • ylisa's Profile Photo

Bengil sea caves versus the grotto s in Lagos

Lagos Mar 27, 2016 at 7:23 PM

Is one more spectacular then the other. ? I'll only have chance to do one .

1 Answer Apr 1, 2016 at 12:03 PM
    • ylisa's Profile Photo

Bengil caves versus the Ponte de piedade

Lagos Mar 27, 2016 at 7:20 PM

Trying to decide between the two areas. Are is the view any more spectacular with one versus the other. ?I only will have a chance to do one.

1 Answer Mar 27, 2016 at 11:43 PM