Albufeira

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Albufeira for a 6 and 9 year old

by Mammabev Online Now Sep 25, 2016 at 1:16 AM

Packing for a 6 and 9 year old half term week and first trip abroad to albufeira! Will they need wetsuit for pool and or sea? What else may they need? What is there for them to do and do we need to book trips in advance? One allergic to nuts ? Any tips at all would be great thank you

7 Answers Sep 30, 2016 at 5:21 AM
    • AidanM62's Profile Photo

Day Trips from Albufeira

by AidanM62 Online Now Sep 17, 2016 at 11:48 AM

Hi Guys We're heading to Albufeira Old Town for a week on monday. Any suggestions for day trips or places of interest nearby ? We won't be hiring a car.

Also, any tips for good bars or restaraunts in the area would be appreciated. We're staying on Av da Liberdades.

Thanks

8 Answers Sep 23, 2016 at 2:36 PM
    • Help need online souvenir shop!!

by Ericabel Online Now Aug 8, 2016 at 3:38 AM

I just came back from albufeira, I had bought all nice souvenirs from the shop near the escalators near Praia pescadores. Picture frames, wooden light houses. All for my kids. Please tell me there is a shop that sells it online that I could buy from?!!! This is heartbreaking! I had lost the whole bag of souvenirs.

1 Answer Aug 8, 2016 at 12:53 PM
    • Drinking water

by emmapw Online Now Jul 25, 2016 at 3:18 PM

I'm travelling to the Algarve for the first time, with young children. Can someone tell me whether the tap water is safe to drink please?

9 Answers Jul 29, 2016 at 10:22 PM
    • Beach or pool party recommendation

by LianneMOH Online Now Jun 13, 2016 at 12:48 PM

A group of 18 ladies are visiting very soon as part of a hen party. The Bride really wants a beach or pool party on Sunday 3rd July late afternoon onwards but I am struggling to find something suitable.
      We are all late twenties - mid thirties so want something suited to our age group - does anyone have any recommendations?
      Thanks
      Lianne

3 Answers Jun 15, 2016 at 10:55 AM
    • Maurizioago's Profile Photo

Restaurants and cafes near rua de Tenis.

by Maurizioago Online Now May 18, 2016 at 2:00 PM

I booked a room at Vila Emilia. It is located at rua de Tenis. Could anybody suggest some good restaurants and a cafe or confectionery to have breakfast not far from rua de Tenis?

Thanks!

2 Answers May 19, 2016 at 9:17 AM
    • Looking for a long beach with hard sand to walk on in Albufeira

by Seadog100 Online Now May 14, 2016 at 2:15 PM

Can anyone tell me if Praia dos Pescadores is a good beach to walk on? We've walked on Falesia beach and the hard sand is fabulous to walk on but many other beaches in the area, while fabulous, have soft sand and therefore, are not good for walking on. I thought Praia dos Pescadores might have enough hard sand along the sea-edge for us to walk its length. How long is it actually? If not this one, any other suggestions close by. Many thanks in advance for any advice you can offer. Cheers, John (only joined VT this minute!)

21 Answers May 22, 2016 at 11:54 AM

Accomodation not far from the center.

by Maurizioago Online Now May 11, 2016 at 2:42 PM

I am checking various hotels in Albufeira these days. It is tricky for me to know where to find a hotel which is not far from the center of this town. Any help?

I' d also like some suggestion for a hotel or guest house there. I can spend around 40 euros per night. Maybe a bit more.

Thanks!

5 Answers May 13, 2016 at 4:59 AM

Is it far from the town center?

by Maurizioago Online Now May 8, 2016 at 10:56 AM

How long does it takes to go from this hotel to the center of Albufeira?

15 Answers May 12, 2016 at 4:01 AM
    • Ekaterinburg's Profile Photo

How easy is it to get a taxi in Albufeira ?

by Ekaterinburg Online Now May 4, 2016 at 1:48 PM

Reading some comments on TA at the weekend and some people said it was extremely difficult to get a taxi in Albufeira and that at peak times you could be waiting for more then an hour. I'm really hoping someone here will tell me that that's rubbish.

12 Answers May 30, 2016 at 11:46 AM

Public transportation from Faro to Albufeira.

by Maurizioago Online Now Apr 24, 2016 at 9:35 AM

Are there any buses from Faro to Albufeira after 7 p. m.?

Where can I see the timetables?

8 Answers Apr 27, 2016 at 4:52 AM
    • chriso1969's Profile Photo

80s bars.......

by chriso1969 Online Now Mar 19, 2016 at 8:50 PM

are there any 80s bars in albufeira or mature clubs..we are not into rave type music..........................................................................................................................

1 Answer Mar 23, 2016 at 5:24 AM
    • Rodaroo's Profile Photo

Lagos or Albufeira ??

by Rodaroo Online Now Jan 24, 2016 at 8:31 AM

Please help me decide... Lagos or Albufeira

Ive traveled plenty, but never to the Algarve Im flying into Faro in mid June, and will be hiring a vehicle.

Trying to decide a home base for 5 days. The people im with would love a beach scene and a seaside town... I like and "old town" area..... Im a big photographer, looking for the perfect photo.

Thanks for your suggestions, much appreciated!

Rod

5 Answers Jan 25, 2016 at 7:35 AM
    • maz100's Profile Photo

Can you walk?

by maz100 Online Now Dec 30, 2015 at 10:11 AM

Has anybody walked from Albufeira Old town to the coach station? My coach is at 7:40 and the buses don't start till 7. I cant phone a cab and I don't know if any will be cruising so early in the morning.

10 Answers Dec 31, 2015 at 6:08 AM
    • January Nightlife

by charlton194 Online Now Dec 14, 2015 at 12:16 PM

Hi, a few of us are planning to go to Albufeira in January and were wondering how many bars etc would actually be open. We went last year in march and found it very lively. I have read it is quiet and there isnt much open but we are trying to find out 'how much' is actually meant by not much? Do places stay open late that are open and roughly how many bars/clubs would be open. Thanks!

2 Answers Dec 15, 2015 at 10:44 AM
    • Albufeira in March

by Evbennett Online Now Nov 9, 2015 at 7:51 AM

I am planning a trip to Albufeira in March......I am staying for a month.....I want to find an apt in an area where I won't need a car hire...where I can walk to find my needs for a self catering apt...is March a busy time in this area...is there a noise factor...I read that there is an active night.ife on the 'strip'...
      Any tips welcome.

6 Answers Nov 11, 2015 at 2:07 AM
    • Good food in Albufeira

by Peter7 Online Now Sep 1, 2015 at 2:37 PM

Hi I am a true foodie and have 3-4 nites to spend here. Can you recommend your top 3...price and portion size are not an issue, but food quality and outstanding service are.
      Thanks, peter

1 Answer Sep 2, 2015 at 4:16 AM
    • help needed to create best hen do

by sophie86 Online Now Apr 27, 2015 at 12:42 PM

We are going on hen do I'm wanting to know if anyone can recommend male strip clubs things to do etc

1 Answer Apr 29, 2015 at 6:44 AM
    • Night life in March

by Leanne123 Online Now Oct 16, 2014 at 7:57 AM

What is the nightlife like on the strip the beginning of March ?

4 Answers Oct 17, 2014 at 1:27 AM
    • prices & live music

by janvan71 Online Now Oct 14, 2014 at 7:40 AM

we are going to albufeira on mon 20/10/2014 next,just wondering how much the prices are for beer & spirits this time of year and is the resort still quite busy? we like to go places with live music,is it too late in the season for this?

many thanks

4 Answers Oct 15, 2014 at 6:00 AM
    • November holiday

by sandramr06 Online Now Jul 23, 2014 at 5:00 AM

We are thinking of booking a weeks holiday for 17th Nov 14,we went before in January 2012 & found a lot closed in the old town & weather not warm enough for pool,so if anyone knows about November that would be great.Thank You

1 Answer Jul 23, 2014 at 12:46 PM
    • Bars and Restaurants on the Strip at new year time

by chicno73 Online Now Jul 20, 2014 at 8:31 AM

thinking about going to Albufeira for a week at New Year. please could you tell me if there is much still open on the strip at this time or year? also are the fireworks on new years eve taking place this year at the old town beach?

2 Answers Jul 20, 2014 at 10:18 AM
    • Car parks?

by Wobblemeter Online Now Jul 7, 2014 at 5:38 AM

Looking to drive from Carveiro to Albufeira this afternoon. Are there any good car parks? Looking to see old and new parts with minimal stress. Two kids in part (7 and 11).

3 Answers Jul 8, 2014 at 4:09 AM
    • upgrading from a studio apt to a bedroom

by mary12345678 Online Now Jun 17, 2014 at 2:27 PM

i am going to albufeira in september and staying in the villanova. i booked a studio apartment but want to upgrade to a bedroom. could i do it on arrival? how much will it cost?

2 Answers Jun 17, 2014 at 4:41 PM
    • how much for spends

by globalgullet Online Now Jun 1, 2014 at 4:09 PM

hi, we are going to albufeira in july for 4 nights all inclusive, we want to go out to the strip at night and do the odd activity in the day- waterparks etc, how much spends p.p would you recommend? thanks in advance :)

4 Answers Jun 3, 2014 at 6:18 AM
    • LenkaD's Profile Photo

Hen weekend

by LenkaD Online Now May 29, 2014 at 6:56 AM

We are planning a Hen weekend in Albufeira ( Silchoro apartments) . We would like to take some tutu outfits (as this is typical for a Hen night in the UK). Does anybody know if this is allowed in Portugal clubs?
      Many thanks

4 Answers Jun 4, 2014 at 2:31 PM
    • LenkaD's Profile Photo

Hen weekend

by LenkaD Online Now May 27, 2014 at 12:37 PM

Hi,

We are planning a Hen weekend in Albufeira ( Silchoro apartments) . We would like to take some tutu outfits (as this is typical for a Hen night in the UK). Does anybody know if this is allowed in Portugal clubs?

Many thanks

3 Answers May 29, 2014 at 7:12 PM
    • SharonRosar's Profile Photo

NAME OF MICHELIN STARRED BEACHSIDE / SEA WALL RESTAURANT

by SharonRosar Online Now May 19, 2014 at 6:52 AM

A good friend of mine is visiting over the next week and I want to recommend the Michelin starred restaurant in the old part of Albufeira; it appeared on the BBC show "Food in the Sun" and I have eaten there several times but forget the name. It has a roof top terrace overlooking the beach / sea and displays it's seafood / fish in glass cabinets. Very rustic feel but top quality food and service.

4 Answers May 20, 2014 at 2:00 AM
    • NATURE WALKS

by WAYNIE13 Online Now Apr 25, 2014 at 9:42 AM

can you recommend any good nature walks

3 Answers Apr 28, 2014 at 5:31 AM
    • self catering apartments

by AMMarley Online Now Apr 23, 2014 at 4:52 AM

Can anyone let me know a few contacts for self catering apartments on the beach in Albufeira Old Town. Many thanks

Anne Marie - Ireland

2 Answers Apr 26, 2014 at 3:25 AM