Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

Popular Albania Travel Answer Locations

• Jesperp's Profile Photo

Question: Albanian Railway project.

Albania Oct 7, 2016 at 5:01 AM

Is there anything about this rail project ebrd.com/work-with-us/projec...

5 Answers Oct 8, 2016 at 6:52 AM
    • WulfstanTraveller's Profile Photo

Clock Tower, Museums in Tirana

Tirana Sep 28, 2016 at 9:12 PM

Hello. We'll be in Tirana next June (2017) could someone tell me what times the clock tower (next to Eth'em Bey Mosqgue) is open to climb to the top? I have read the following different schedules in books and online, and have no idea if any is correct or if they are all wrong:
      one schedule I saw says opn Monday 9-13:00, Thursday 9-13:00 and 16-18:00.
      Another gives the same times as above but on Monday, Wed, Saturday, Sunday
      Another says it's open 9-15:00 Monday-Friday.
      What is it?

Also, what are the opening hours on the National History Museum?
      Is the Bunk'Art museum open or closed and what are the hours?
      Finally, I have read that a new bunker museum was planned for a bunker in central Tirana (new Ministry of Interior) Is this open and if so, what are the times, where is that location, and what is it called?

• WulfstanTraveller's Profile Photo

Driving Times from Tirana

Albania Sep 28, 2016 at 9:06 PM

Hello. We will be visiting Albania next June (2017). We will be renting our own car.

Could someone please tell me what driving times we should expect from Tirana to Shkoder and from Tirana to Berat? I have looked it up and read about it but have not yet gotten what I think is a fully reliable answer. I note that google maps indicates just under 2 hours from central Shkoder to central Tiran and about 2 hours or so from Tirana to Berat. How accurate is this? It seems to reasonably take into account likely speed limits (official and/or practical due to road conditions) given the distances involved, which would take a lot less time with good, clear roads.

We have never been here but have some idea what to expect on conditions. Also, we have driven through Italy (even Rome) and through much of Turkey (even driving a minivan, of all things, in Istanbul, Ankara, and Izmir).

5 Answers Oct 6, 2016 at 2:18 AM
    • How to get from Durres to Gjirokaster

Gjirokaster Jul 27, 2016 at 7:52 AM

How to get from Durres to Gjirokaster and back by bus

4 Answers Oct 8, 2016 at 1:06 PM
    • What is the best route for a one week trip?

Albania May 19, 2016 at 5:21 AM

I was thinking about traveling from Tirana to Butrint in a week is that possible and recommendable? I have know idea how long it takes to travel through Albania. I would also love to get some tips of recommendations about what to do or to see?
      Any tips are welkom!!

x Jirina

1 Answer May 20, 2016 at 8:36 AM
    • travel to Albania

Albania Apr 28, 2016 at 4:25 AM

I would like to travel from Belgium to Albania by car. Along the boundary of Servia is shorter. Can there be problems occur at the boundary of Servia or better to go through Italy and then by boat ?

• travel to Albania

Albania Apr 28, 2016 at 4:23 AM

I would like to travel to Albania by car. Along the boundary of Servia is shorter. Can there be problems occur at the boundary of Servia or better to go through Italy and then by boat ?

4 Answers Apr 28, 2016 at 1:49 PM
    • Furgon to Shkodër

Albania Apr 19, 2016 at 3:47 PM

BA flights from London arrive very late at night. What is the time of the last furgon to Shkoder from Rinas airport?
      Falemenderit

2 Answers Apr 27, 2016 at 9:45 AM
    • Hotel close to the bus station

Shkoder Apr 9, 2016 at 4:23 AM

Hi

Our car rental company will only bring our car to a hotel in Shkoder; we cannot pick it up at their office. We will arrive at 8.30 a.m. with bus from Montenegro and do not have a hotel in Shkoder since we will leave as soon as we have gotten the car.

Can someone give us the name of a hotel close to the bus station where we can tell them to bring the car to us at 9.30 a.m.?

We cannot fins a different car rental company as we need a drop off in Sarande, and it is hard to find companies offering that service.

Thanks from Lena

2 Answers Jun 2, 2016 at 10:55 PM
    • ADAMYAMEY's Profile Photo

Cash machines

Albania Apr 4, 2016 at 12:39 AM

Are cash-machines (ATMs) widely available in Albania?

3 Answers Apr 4, 2016 at 3:56 AM
    • lordgarner's Profile Photo

Travel from Tirana to Kotor

Tirana Mar 18, 2016 at 3:18 AM

Can any one help me to find a bus travel company that provides service between Tirana and Kotor please?

6 Answers Mar 29, 2016 at 2:44 PM
    • HanlieD's Profile Photo

motorbike hire

Albania Feb 14, 2016 at 5:52 AM

has anybody experience or advise on motorbike or scooter hire in Albania. We arrive in Tirana on April 23 and want to tour through Albania. Advise please?

1 Answer Feb 14, 2016 at 8:04 AM
    • Mountain-Festival 2016

Albania Feb 2, 2016 at 11:23 PM

Hello ,
      when and where will the festival in 2016 in the mountains to choose "Miss Bjeshka 2016" instead?

1 Answer Feb 4, 2016 at 10:11 AM

Car hire in Albania

Albania Jan 30, 2016 at 7:17 AM

Has anyone any experience of car hire in Albania? Any tips? Any suggestions as to which company to hire from?
      Thanks in advance!

2 Answers May 10, 2016 at 2:55 AM

MAPS OF ALBANIA

Albania Jan 27, 2016 at 1:43 PM

Can anyone reccommend a good road map of Albania? We will be hiring a car to get around, and we are not keen on GPS systems.

Thanks in advance!

6 Answers Jan 29, 2016 at 10:53 AM
    • Most beautiful trails for 1 week self-guided hiking through Albanian mountains

Albania Jan 18, 2016 at 3:16 AM

Hi,

Me and 2 friends want to hike for about a week through the Albanian mountains. I found several paths/trails on the internet, but it is hard to actually plan a trip due to lack of information.

So I would be very pleased if you could share knowledge/experience about hiking in Albania? An ideal route goes straight through the mountains, accross lakes and rivers and allows to see some waterfalls.

Also information from a practical point of view is very welcome:

• How to get at the starting point of the trail?
      • Where to sleep? Are there hostels/hotels on the way? Is wild camping allowed?

Any information is welcome!

Many thanks!

4 Answers Jan 18, 2016 at 1:43 PM
    • kfelgran's Profile Photo

Anyone been there?

Albania Jan 6, 2016 at 4:08 PM

I'm looking for a group tour. Can't seem to find one. Ideas?

9 Answers Feb 13, 2016 at 9:59 AM

Dhermi or Himarra?

Albania Jan 4, 2016 at 10:40 AM

I am planning a trip to Albania in May. I wish to visit the Himarra area. Would it be more pleasant (i.e. less spoilt) in Dhermi or in Himarra. Proximity to the sea is not of great importance. Thanks!

2 Answers Jan 4, 2016 at 11:54 AM

Voskopoja or Körce? Or both?

Albania Jan 4, 2016 at 10:34 AM

I wish to see both Körce and Voskopoje. Would it be more sensible to base myself in one of these places, and visit the other? OR Should I spend a one or a couple of nights in each place? PS: I am planning to hire a car in Albania, so transport ought not to be a big problem.

2 Answers Jan 5, 2016 at 11:39 AM
    • MORE about Major Lodewijk Thomson

Durres Nov 3, 2015 at 2:11 AM

Thanks for the information that the bust has disappeared and been replaced by a small plaque.

In its place there is a new bust of a fully bearded guy. I assume he is another partisan, or hero or local dignitary. Could anyone tell me more please?

Thanks

6 Answers Nov 4, 2015 at 4:00 AM
    • Shkoder to Skopje by bus

Shkoder Sep 6, 2015 at 12:34 AM

hi, is there any bus from Shkoder to Skopje? if yes, where can I find timetable?

3 Answers Feb 5, 2016 at 7:19 AM

One day trips from Durres to Butrint

Butrint Sep 4, 2015 at 10:43 AM

Are there one day trips from Durres to Butrint?

4 Answers Sep 5, 2015 at 4:37 AM

Air-conditioning in buses and minibuses

Albania Aug 28, 2015 at 8:26 AM

How is air-conditioning in buses and minibuses in Albania?

2 Answers Aug 28, 2015 at 12:21 PM
    • Traject durations

Albania Aug 25, 2015 at 4:21 AM

Hi,
      I'm planning a little roadtrip Macedonia, Albania & Montenegro in two weeks.
      Can anyone give me some more realistic durations then google maps for those trajects?
      Ohrid (Macedonia) - Berat (Albania)
      Berat (Albania) - Shkodër (Albania)
      Shkodër (Albania) - Kotor (Montenegro)

Thanks in advance !!
      Matt

2 Answers Aug 25, 2015 at 7:15 AM
    • Names of faces

Gjirokaster Aug 4, 2015 at 9:16 AM

Can anyone put names to the eight faces on the Martyrs' Cemetery Monument. I think I can identify Bule and Persefoni, also Fato Berberi, but an struggling with the others.
      Thanks
      Michael

Tirana New Railway Station

Tirana Jul 30, 2015 at 12:36 PM

Do you know when the station does open?

4 Answers Jul 31, 2015 at 5:17 AM
    • spices in albania

Albania Jun 28, 2015 at 3:11 AM

Are there any spice markets in Albania.

2 Answers Jul 7, 2015 at 2:45 AM
    • dirtroady's Profile Photo

How to get from Himare to Divjakë?

Divjake Jun 17, 2015 at 3:01 AM

Hi there,

Does anyone know how to get from Himare to Divjakë by public transport?

Thanks!

1 Answer Jul 13, 2015 at 1:34 PM

The Albanian Railways

Albania Jun 15, 2015 at 12:12 PM

It seems according to the link below, that the Albanian Railways has first-class compartments:
      en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hekuru...
      Is that correct?

4 Answers Jun 19, 2015 at 10:51 AM

Ferry from Trieste to Durres

Albania Jun 13, 2015 at 1:25 PM

Is the below from Oct. 30, 2006 still valid:

The procedure in Trieste is similar than in Durres: Before entering the ferry it’s important to get the "White Card” with a boarding number. This card will be issued in the ferry line´s office near the vessel. It will be collected together with your passport while boarding and returned to you when the ferry reaches Durres. You also will get a sheet of paper with a number for your vehicle. You need this for the customs in Albania!

Arriving in Durres you leave the ferry and will be checked by the customs. On the right side of the check point are a few offices where you have to show the sheet of paper with your car number. If you don´t have a "Green Card" then this is the place to obtain a temporary insurance. You will receive another paper, which you need to return when leaving the country. Don´t lose it! Next will be the entrance fee of 10 €. Somebody will show up and collect it. Last step will be a passport check at the gate. This is all no problem. The officers are friendly but do not speak English or German.

1 Answer Jun 17, 2015 at 2:56 AM