Travel Answers

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• safe east memphs

Memphis Oct 15, 2016 at 1:34 PM

i need to stay near east memphis, is this a safe area? what hotels are recommended in the area? i saw some reviews that mentioned drug traffcking in parking lots and i want to be sure that i am booked in a hotel in a good area

• tranceperent's Profile Photo

Visiting South beach between 29th nov-5th dec

Miami Oct 18, 2016 at 12:17 AM

HI all, im visiting art miami between 29th nov to 5th december. Im from india. would love to meet local VTers from miami.
      if anyone up for it let me know so we can create VT meet accordingly

VT meet in november

Los Angeles Oct 18, 2016 at 12:01 AM

Hi I am manish from India. i have set up a meeting in beverly hill in november. Hope to catch up with you and other VT locals. I would really love to meet you guys from LA and around. I know being a thanksgiving week, it might be difficult for all, but would love to meet as many locals as possible.

• Best way to travel around Nashville at night with a child

Nashville Oct 9, 2016 at 4:51 PM

I am visiting Nashville for a concert at TPAC. Safety is my main concern with a child in tow. Should I stay at Doubletree or another downtown hote...or in another location in Nashville?

Should I use a cab or Uber (which company if you know of a good one...) for travel late at night or attempt to park and walk?

• Where to park CHEAP near Port Everglades while on a 12-day cruise.

Fort Lauderdale Oct 8, 2016 at 6:03 PM

Where can we park our car for 12-days near Port Everglades that is CHEAP?

• evening shows + observatories?

New Mexico Oct 6, 2016 at 9:02 AM

Hello, I'm a TA wanting to explore NM & I'm curious about:
      a) a location (other than usual suspects i.e. albuquerque/santa fe) that might have

a evening show of sorts i.e. a amphitheatre wi/entertainment?

b) a location in NM.....(anywhere south) that might have a observatory where folks

can star gaze?

VT meet in LA

Beverly Hills Oct 18, 2016 at 12:02 AM

Hi I am manish from India. i have set up a meeting in beverly hill in november. Hope to catch up with you and other VT locals. I would really love to meet you guys from LA and around. I know being a thanksgiving week, it might be difficult for all, but would love to meet as many locals as possible.

• Adrianobr's Profile Photo

Suggestion of Wineries

Napa Oct 17, 2016 at 7:21 AM

I'll be with my family in Napa. Could you suggest good/best wineries to visit and taste?

• October 14-22

Oahu Sep 29, 2016 at 1:32 AM

Hello :D

I am planning to rent a car and go around Oahu! If anyone is around and would like to join and divide the cost, let me know! I am also down for sharing accommodations as well. :]

• October 14-22

Oahu Sep 29, 2016 at 1:32 AM

Hello :D

I am planning to rent a car and go around Oahu! If anyone is around and would like to join and divide the cost, let me know! I am also down for sharing accommodations as well. :]

• Sharon61bio's Profile Photo

Old School Seafood Platter

Saint Petersburg Sep 26, 2016 at 4:16 PM

Where is the best place in the Clearwater/St Pete area to get a really good fried seafood platter with oysters, shrimp, clams and scallops?

• alisononthego's Profile Photo

One day.....

Port Everglades Sep 21, 2016 at 10:50 AM

We are visiting Port Everglades for one day on a cruise ship 27th December, what would be our must do's in this area please..?Thanks in advance

• Is this place vibrant?

Panama City Beach 14 hours ago

Hi all, I know someone from England who has been here & he has recommended it to me. In England basically nobody hears of this destination. Is the beach nice? & is there a decent nightlife scene? Many thanks

• Hotels In New Orleans

New Orleans Yesterday

We are visiting NO next summer. Does anyone know where to stay? We are 4 adults and 3 teenagers.
      We want a good hotel, 3 or 4 stars in a safe city area.

Best regards

• A place to freshen up

Asheville Oct 18, 2016 at 11:53 AM

I am planning a surprise party that will have separate groups coming from different parts of the country arriving on the same day. Sleeping accommodations are taken care of but having them arrive there before the party would ruin the surprise. Is there a good place the parties could meet mid to late afternoon and freshen up after their travels?

• TimC52's Profile Photo

vegas stag do night

Las Vegas Oct 10, 2016 at 12:14 PM

i have been given the epic task of organizing the stag do in Vegas day time is sorted it just night time events we are going out on tuesday the 29 nov and looking for ideas for were to drink and what to do any help on this would be great

thankyuo all in advance

• How good is the nightlife in Kansas City?

Kansas City Oct 7, 2016 at 5:51 AM

Hi all, I have 4-7 days to spare when I'm in the US next year. So am considering a few places. Is the nightlife good? & would I be right in thinking there isn't a lot of people from England in Kansas City? many thanks

• Nature photography workshops

United States of America Oct 7, 2016 at 1:28 AM

I want to hear suggestions for the best nature photography workshops as I love nature photography and want to grow as the nature photographer. I am in Los Angeles and ready to travel for the workshops.

• alexloves2travel's Profile Photo

First visit to Boston for the weekend!

Boston Oct 4, 2016 at 4:36 PM

We will be traveling to Boston this weekend for the first time! We will be staying near downtown and would like some suggestions on must do's.

We are also looking to take a day and travel by train to Portland ME to visit. If anyone has any suggestions on must do's in Portland we would greatly appreciate it!

Thank you!

• Staying in Boston

Boston Sep 24, 2016 at 10:26 AM

Wie are a mid 50 couple. Will be coming to Boston in mid October for the first time for 3 nights.
      What is the best area to stay and see the touristic interest?

• nyceagle1633's Profile Photo

When and Where to Stay on the Alabama Coast

Alabama Oct 18, 2016 at 8:57 AM

Looking for either December or early April to go to Alabama. Never been. Want to do the coast. Which is the nicest beach, not too loud. Is the water warm enough in December or April/May.

• ohaiyo's Profile Photo

Going to Key West

Miami Oct 7, 2016 at 4:53 PM

Is there a shuttle bus or ferry from Miami to Key West? I am going during President's Day weekend next year.

• How good is the nightlife in Newport Beach?

Newport Beach Oct 7, 2016 at 5:54 AM

Hi all, I have 4-7 days to spare when I'm in the US next year. So am considering a few places. Is the nightlife any good? many thanks

• Transport to Inyokern

Lancaster Oct 2, 2016 at 5:59 AM

What is the cheapest way to get from Lancaster CA to Inyokern. We have a shuttle booked with Antelope to get from LAX to Lancaster but need onward travel to Inyokern.

• NYE in Boston

Boston Sep 26, 2016 at 12:30 PM

We are a family of four adults 54, 55, 24,20. We would like to know the best things to do on NYE, do we stay in a hotel on the waterfront or downtown? Also do we splash out on one of the hotel packages or is there enough to do around the waterfront/copley square with the first night celebration. We are there for five nights, is everything open, what itinerary would be best and can anyone recommend any mid range hotels and restaurants? Thank you

• What should I do for 4 days in and around Anchorage the first week in September??

Anchorage Aug 26, 2016 at 10:46 AM

I have 4 days to explore from Anchorage and I am interested in seeing the great Alaskan wilderness, wildlife, glaciers etc. I would love to be able to take some pictures as well. What/where is the best to travel and go? I have looked into the rail lines, but I am looking for some recommendations. Any suggestions welcome!

7 Answers Aug 26, 2016 at 4:15 PM
    • Transportation to Seldovia on a Wednesday

Seldovia Jul 30, 2016 at 11:18 AM

Five of us are traveling to Seldovia from Homer on a Wednesday and as I search for transportation I find most are closed on Wednesday. Am I reading things incorrect or can you only fly to Seldovia from Homer on a Wednesday. Thanks, Judy

1 Answer Jul 30, 2016 at 11:35 AM
    • How would you spend 10 hours in Unalaska?

Dutch Harbor Jul 25, 2016 at 5:16 PM

My husband, son (2.5 years old), and I will be visiting Dutch Harbor in September on a cruise ship. We have contacted Bobbie (Extra Mile Tours) for a tour but have not heard back from her yet. As a plan B, we are thinking of renting a car for the day. Can anyone recommend an itinerary or places not to miss?

We love driving through beautiful scenery, stopping for photographs, viewing wildlife in their natural habitat, and learning about different cultures. I read in a previous post that Captain's Bay Road is a great place for whale watching. We were thinking about stopping at the Holy Ascension of Our Lord Christ. What else?

Thank you in advance for your assistance.

3 Answers Jul 26, 2016 at 6:20 PM
    • Northern Lights necklace

Alaska Jul 14, 2016 at 1:59 PM

Hi All!

I really hope you can help. We did a Disney Cruise to Alaska last summer and at one port (either Skagway, Juneau, or Ketchikan) I bought a necklace from a jewelry store that was called "Northern Lights" for $10. They had matching earrings for the same price but I bought the necklace only. Real or not real, it didn't matter...I loved it. It was just a small, round stone. We moved about 6 weeks ago, and the midst of moving...the necklace is missing. It's driving me nuts and I am really mad about it. So, now I wanted to see if I could possibly find the jewelry store who sold it to me and contact them about possibly ordering another one. I can picture the store from the outside, but cannot exactly recall the port, the store's name, or any of it. I am hoping perhaps one of you guys could help me!! I would really greatly appreciate any help you could offer. Thanks! It's very much appreciated it.

7 Answers Jul 20, 2016 at 3:00 PM
    • Alaska in April

Alaska Jul 5, 2016 at 10:39 AM

Planning to travel to alaska for a week in April. What are the main cities to visit?

12 Answers Jul 13, 2016 at 10:37 PM
    • White Pall train tour in Skagway

Alaska Jun 27, 2016 at 4:55 PM

Is there is tour worth the price? The cruise line is charging 250 p/p... for a 120 train and 70 ferry ride? Can I get to
      the ferry from my ship without going on the cruise tour?

3 Answers Jun 28, 2016 at 3:28 PM
    • Any sea kayaking tour can carry out the Sep.29th?

Valdez Jun 16, 2016 at 10:32 PM

Many company reply me they close at Sep.11th.
      But we have no vacation at that time.
      Is there any sea kayaking tour can carry out the Sep.29th? Can the kayaking company make custimized tour at that time,We have 6 person.

2 Answers Jun 17, 2016 at 12:24 PM
    • cruise celebrity solstice 2016

Alaska Jun 2, 2016 at 2:05 PM

Hi folks,we are 6 brits looking forward to this cruise. We have booked lots of stuff but am struggling on this one. We arrive in Skagway 6th sept and want to do scenic railway(up or down)combined with coach the other way. Can anyone help cos we want to prebook. Many Thanks Tim

4 Answers Jun 3, 2016 at 9:15 AM
    • oceanview78's Profile Photo

Transportation from Seward to Homer

Alaska May 25, 2016 at 5:23 PM

My friend and I will be traveling from Seward to Homer on July 1st and need transportation. I already spoke with Stage Line, the company we planned to use as they say they go every Mon, Wed and Friday. However, because it's on July 1st (Friday), they aren't going because it's considered a holiday. I also looked into car rentals and can't even find one available. Are there any other options? Please advise, thanks.

3 Answers May 26, 2016 at 6:35 PM
    • Aerial tour and Glacier landing in Denali

Alaska May 20, 2016 at 5:49 PM

1) Friends have suggested to take an Aerial tour and Glacier landing in Denali, from Anchorage. Is it really something not to be missed ? Our plan is arriving in Anchorage 3rd June @ noon, explore Anchorage & Denali. Have to reach Seward on 6th June, to catch the 9 pm Cruise from there. We have already planned to do visit the Matanuska glacier, Lake Eklutna, during our 2 day stay Anchorage. 2) How long would visit/hike of the Matanuska glacier take ?

3 Answers May 24, 2016 at 10:58 AM
    • Fly and Bus tour of Denali National Park

Denali National Park and Preserve May 15, 2016 at 1:13 PM

Plan to land in Anchorage on 3rd June and spend 2 days visiting Denali. We would like to enjoy both the aerial as well as bus tour of the national park. is it possible to do both i.e going by bus and returning by aerial route or vice versa?

7 Answers May 18, 2016 at 9:32 AM
    • Family accomodation

Anchorage May 7, 2016 at 10:10 PM

We are planning to fly to Achorage and stay for 2-3 days in Anchorage , in june. Are there any good hostels with family rooms in Anhorage.Else any good B&B places for a family of 3 ?

3 Answers May 8, 2016 at 12:07 PM
    • ChandramauliB's Profile Photo

Dos & Don't for Alaska Cruise

Alaska May 7, 2016 at 12:34 AM

I will travel to Alaska & this is my first experience of Cruise so some body suggest how is the experience & cost effective travel of Cruise.
      Will travel in 2016 .
      Any body is travelling need company for travel.

7 Answers May 9, 2016 at 9:28 AM
    • Itinerary question.

Alaska Mar 27, 2016 at 10:17 AM

I've been trying to plan this for a while and I think I am underestimating time/distance.. 35th wedding anniversary and hubby wants to spend it in alaska. The only "tours" we are truly interested in are Talkeetna Devil Canyon boat tour, 26 glacier cruise, hiking exit glacier (or the equivalent) and the shuttle bus in Denali. I have considered 7 glaciers for our anniversary dinner but don't know how possible that is.What I have tentatively figured was; fly into anchorage July 28, drive to talkeetna july 29, do the canyon tour, drive to denali, stay in denali from july 29-aug 1, take the shuttle through the park july 30. I had thought to then drive to seward aug 1 for the 26 glacier tour, exit glacier hike but those turn out to be whittier? My blonde brain is overwhelmed. Any aid to help me plan this well? We don't want an "every minute planned vacation". I have tentative, cancellable reservations in both seward and denali if that helps. We will also have a rental car. Are there festivals/do not miss happenings that I have missed? Please, no fly overs... I barely handle jets. :( thank you. If you were there July 28- August 3 and really wanted to do 26 glaciers, Devils canyon, Denali and a glacier hike, how would you arrange it?

8 Answers Apr 1, 2016 at 12:49 AM
    • Want to fish on ferry terminal for a few hours upon tour arrival in Valdez.

Valdez Mar 16, 2016 at 11:20 AM

On tour. Staying at Best Western. Have a few hours on our own. Is ferry within walking distance? If not, what rate per mile can I expect to pay cab transportation? Thanks.

6 Answers Apr 1, 2016 at 1:21 AM
    • Southwest Alaska

Alaska Mar 11, 2016 at 7:58 AM

My wife and I are wanting to fly into Alaska then rent a car/RV and take off to see the southeast part of Alaska. We are from Arkansas, live in the country and enjoy outdoors. We would like to see bears, moose, sea life, maybe fish a little, visit local taverns/restaurants, learn about the culture of the locals, see glaciers, mountains and visit a few nicer places too. Not into the big tourist crowds at all. We do not want a tour guide service telling us what to do and where to go on tours. My wife showed me a bear tour that was like $500.00! Can you not just go to a park and watch them on your own?? We would like to discover these things on our own if we can get a good itinerary from someone that knows the area. We are thinking around 10 days in July. We do not have a clue where to fly into or where to go so any help would be greatly appreciated.

18 Answers Apr 1, 2016 at 1:49 AM
    • Traveling via motor home May 31-June 14

Alaska Feb 25, 2016 at 8:39 AM

Will we need advance reservations for day trips like day cruise from Seward or Wilderness tour at Danali?

2 Answers Feb 25, 2016 at 9:47 AM
    • Buzzmax's Profile Photo

Whales Dutch harbour

Dutch Harbor Feb 16, 2016 at 1:40 PM

Hi, I apologise for the boring question, but I would appreciate a reply.
      We will be going to Dutch Harbour on the 5 October, and we are wondering if it will be to late to spot some humpback whales in the harbour....or it too late thanks max

3 Answers Feb 16, 2016 at 10:55 PM
    • Handicapp Gentleman wants to fish

Ketchikan Jan 29, 2016 at 10:15 AM

I am a travel agent assisting a gentleman wishing to fish in one of these cities! He is in an electric wheelchair and has limited mobility of his legs and arms. He can stand up and move slowly with help from his dad. He will be in these cities in May and will arrive on 23 May in Ketchikan, 24 May in Juneau and 25 in Skagway. HIS WISH/DREAM is to go fishing! I've have tried thru Norwegian Cruise lines and ShoreTrips company but they are unable to assist us. Please call me at 800-264-0557 if you have a company that can make his wish come true! Regards, Holly @ Cruise and Travel Masters

9 Answers Feb 2, 2016 at 9:52 PM
    • Hiking in Alaska

Alaska Jan 8, 2016 at 5:06 PM

I am from the New Jersey area and I hike in the Adirondacks (46, 4000 footers), New Hampshire (48, 4000 footers) and the Catskills (35, 3500 footers). Each of these areas has a group of mountains you can work towards. I am thinking about hiking in Alaska and I was wondering if you know of any such group of mountains in Alaska? I would appreciate any help you could offer or any website you can point me towards.

5 Answers Jan 10, 2016 at 3:27 PM
    • Alaska 5 week Itinerary - Input Appreciated. Thank you!

Alaska Jan 2, 2016 at 12:56 AM

My partner and I are doing a 8 week road trip from Denver up to Alaska. We have allowed ourselves 13 days to get to Alaska (allowing us to enjoy Jackson hole, glacier national park, Banff etc etc) and 5 days to return to Denver. This leaves us just over 5 week to explore Alaska.

I would very much appreciate some advice regarding the rough itinerary I have put together for the Alaska component of the road trip! Also if you have some suggestions on places to visit, that would be very well received. We are outdoorsy people and love all things nature - hiking, camping, kayaking, sighting animals and enjoying in beautiful landscapes! Also we on a somewhat budget, like the simple things in life and are not oppossed to roughing it.

the itinerary

Leg one: Southeast islands (9 days)

Juneau: we have given ourselves 4 days + 1 day of travel (ferry to and from Skagway)
      points of interest (Mehandell Glacier, Perseverance trail, Alaskan brewing co, drive around the island and enjoy the scenery)

4 days in admiralty island (looks absolutely stunning, I am still working out how we will get there / what we will do there, but i am very interested in the canoe route as well as exploring this amazing island.

we could add more time for the southeast islands, if anyone has any suggestions? Also is 5 days to long in Juneau?

leg two: Anchorage and Kenai Peninsula (18 days)

Anchorage: 2 days

Whittier / blackstone bay: 2 days
      - 2 days in whittier (one day paddeling backstone bay / interested in staying in one of the USFS cabins)

Hope / Resurrection pass trail: 5 days
      - 1 day to look around hope
      - 4 days to backpack the resurrection pass trail (either this or Russian lake trail or we were thinking we can mountain bike the resurrection trail in a day and do the russian lakes trail as well)

if anyone has done these, I would love to hear some feedback

ninilchik / Homer / Kachemak bay: 5 days
      - might stop in ninilshik to go clamming
      - 2 days in homer (brewery, hikes, mountain biking, eating out, animals)
      - 2 days in Kechmak bay (want to stay in a yurt and just relax and enjoy the surrounds)

Seward / Kenai Fjords national park (4 days)
      - 2 days in Seward (hikes, canoe, might spoil ourselfs and stay in some nice accomodation)
      - 2 days in Kenai Fjords national Park (boat tour, glaciers, animals, hiking)

leg three: Denali and Fairbanks (6 days)
      - 4 days in Denali
      - 2 days for fairbanks

I Have left out 5 days outm as this can account for the amount of driving we will be doing!!!! lucky I am from australia, and am very used to driving long distances :)

Let me know what you think! if we are spending to long is a town, or missing places. We do have the potenital to add up 10 more days onto the trip, so if you have any other suggestions?

Cheers, Mel

8 Answers Jan 5, 2016 at 2:54 PM
    • Goingo to Juneau by ferry from Haines in a RV!

Alaska Dec 14, 2015 at 11:51 AM

Hello!! How are you guys?
      Ok, I have a serious question about part of my 2016 alaskan trip. I will be renting a RV in Anchorage for 3 weeks, and I really REALLY wanna go to Juneau with the RV. I wanna go to Whitehorse, drive a little in the Alaskan Highway and visit Haines as well. I don´t wanna go by plane. I was looking for some information about this and discover that we can make this going from Haines to Juneau by Alaska Marine Highway System. I know that it´s expensive but I think it will worth it.
      I cannot find any information of someone who has made it. Do you think it is possible and viable? We´re planning to stay for 2/3 days in Juneau, specially to make the Mendenhall Glacier hiking.

5 Answers Dec 16, 2015 at 11:03 AM
    • Wilderness Camping in Denali sometime between 17th -25th December 2015?

Denali National Park and Preserve Dec 11, 2015 at 3:59 PM

Hi all,

I am hoping to camp in Denali sometime between 17th - 25th December, and was wondering whether there are any camping groups heading there anytime in that period? I do not feel confident enough (have not tested the extreme winter conditions at Denali) to go solo camping and was hoping to find fellow adventurers.

3 Answers Dec 16, 2015 at 1:46 PM
    • kntaBuddha's Profile Photo

Photos ops from Ship -

Alaska Dec 4, 2015 at 1:39 PM

June Alaskan, Princess "Voyage of the Glaciers" cruise which has several hours of viewing of shores / glaciers from the ship. Do have a port side balcony and four days of land excursions. Primarily curious about equipment for photos from the ship. Do have a Digital SLR, a 400 mm zoom, and a wide angle18 mm. Have been ciphering on buying a spotting scope with a camera adapter. Concerns? The price and ease of use, as I have no experience with these. Also would they be of use in this situation, as seems most are promoted to birders? Naturally packing more stuff is always another debate. Thanks for all impute

6 Answers Dec 28, 2015 at 8:22 PM
    • kntaBuddha's Profile Photo

Personal knowlegdge of Tpurs?

Skagway Dec 3, 2015 at 6:52 PM

Please, any have knowledge of the following (or others to recommend) tours at Skagway -- Via train one direction, "Yukon Expedition & White Pass." 8 hours for $200 and / or "White Pass Bennett Lake." A bike ride might be tempting also; "Klondike to the Sea," under 3 hours for $115, I believe just about 14 miles. Another one that has caught my attention is a "Animal Planet Exclusive: Kroschel Wildlife Refuge." About 6 & 1/2 hours for $210. Yes this is a 13 hour layover on a Princess Cruise in June. Married couple, around sixty and first time north. Any and all information you care to share appreciated. Thank you.

1 Answer Dec 4, 2015 at 12:47 AM
    • DMeelheim's Profile Photo

3 days post cruise in Seaward...

Seward Nov 17, 2015 at 7:40 AM

We will be arriving by cruise on a Friday morning and flying out of Anchorage Monday afternoon. Just trying to plan where to stay what to do. Interested in Salt water Halibut fishing.(,maybe on Saturday)Will need lodging for 2 nights in Seaward ..Do we need to rent a car for a few days? Have to get up to Anchorage for an over night stay On Sunday, as we fly out Monday afternoon and wanted to do the train, but at 8 pm, probably wont be much to see????? (late July travel) Or do a one way car rental to the airport....or bus?

Any comments/info will be helpful Thanks

8 Answers Nov 24, 2015 at 2:58 AM
    • Alaska with a 5 Year Old

Alaska Sep 2, 2015 at 10:20 PM

We will be travelling to Canada and Alaska for 8 weeks in September and October 2016. There are so many amazing things to see in Alaska and we are trying to work out an itinerary. What would you recommend for people that love to eat salmon and see wildlife. I am an archaeologist and my partner is an Aboriginal Sites Officer for an organisation in Australia. We love food, culture and wildlife. Thank you in advance!

12 Answers Nov 18, 2015 at 8:03 PM
    • solo female hiker

Denali State Park Aug 19, 2015 at 11:06 AM

I'm a 31yr old solo female hiker going to denali in two weeks by train. Im not very experienced in backpacking/ camping,and am on a strict budget. What gear do you most suggest is absolutely essential in your experience, and what trails, areas to camp do you suggest?

13 Answers Nov 15, 2015 at 11:08 AM
    • kkashyap's Profile Photo

Road Travel

Alaska Aug 8, 2015 at 10:37 AM

We are planning a trip to Alaska between Sep 3 and 15 this year. We are only interested in "seeing" what nature offers and not doing much of anything else, because of certain constraints.

Our plan is to Rent a car and spend 2 days in Anchorage. Next head north to Denali Park and thence to Fairbanks. Spend a day there and drive down Richardson Hwy and soak in all the splendor. Am not sure if Tok is worth visiting, yet. Go down to McCarthy, if it is worth going to McCarthy else go to Valdez instead & spend a night there. We will then go up and and turn west from GlennAllen. Check out Palmer - go to Portage/Whittier and do the Glacier tour there. Head to Seward, Cooper Landing, Kenai etc. Check each place towards Homer & see every heavenly spot along the way. Go back to Anchorage and fly back.

Are we biting more than we can chew, as I know it is a lot of driving and plenty of retracing steps. But there is no other alternative, as riding a ferry from Valdez would deprive us of the Glenn Hwy pleasure. Please let me know if there is a better way to see the places on our list. We thank you in advance for any suggestions.

6 Answers Aug 9, 2015 at 8:56 AM
    • Travel Alaska from 18th to 25th Sep

Alaska Jul 28, 2015 at 10:10 AM

Hi All,

I am thinking to visit Alaska from 18th to 25th Sep. I am interested in hikie, join tour or watch wild animals in Denali and other national park, , northern light, Glacier Cruise and any adventure or activity tours.
      However, I heard that they are going to close around middle of September and it start to have snow.

Is it possible to enjoy above things during 18th to 25th? If it is difficult, are there any recommended options I can enjoy in Alaska? If it is necessary or recommendation, it is possible to rent a car.

Tips / Recommendatios are highly appreciated, thanks,

4 Answers Jul 28, 2015 at 11:16 AM