change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• planning christmas vacation

Rovaniemi Nov 30, 2016 at 7:51 AM

hi
      can anyone kindly suggest or advice regarding the cost of a 7/8 days trip to rovaniemi? we are from India and planning to spend a few days during Christmas. we would like to do some activities and visit santa clause village.
      Thank you...

more
    • Action Park - Ice Karting

Finland Nov 14, 2016 at 6:24 PM

Does anyone know if Action Park is still open in Saariselka, Finland where you can do ice karting (go karting on the ice)??? The website link isn't working and we would like to know if we can book before we go.

more
    • kathymof's Profile Photo

First time in Helsinki - what area to stay in

Helsinki Nov 11, 2016 at 1:12 PM

Hi. I am planning a one week trip to Helsinki and would like your help in choosing an area to stay in. I plan to rent an apartment. I would like for it to be near good transportation and/or to be within walking distance of major tourist destinations/attractions such as museums, historical sites, interesting neighborhoods, architecture, that kind of thing. It appears there is lots to see and do so I am assuming I can keep busy for a week - is this correct?

more

Popular Ålands Län Travel Answer Locations

• GCoop's Profile Photo

Accommodation

Åland Mar 20, 2015 at 7:43 PM

I am traveling to Aland during the first week in April and I am looking for a place to stay for three nights. The type of accommodation doesn't really matter, although a 5 star hotel is not for me. I am having somewhat of a hard time on Trip Advisor when I type those dates in, and Air BnB seems a little expensive. Is that time of year normally busy in Mariehamn? Will there be any issue showing up and just looking for a place to stay?

Thank you!

3 Answers Mar 27, 2015 at 3:49 AM
    • GCoop's Profile Photo

Transportation from Stockholm and back.

Åland Feb 13, 2015 at 11:58 PM

Hello,

I am going to be heading over to Aland on April 4 or 5 by ferry for a few days and then back to Stockholm. Unfortunately the most recent guide book that I was able to get was an Insight Guide from 2013...
      Question:
      - What are the prices to Aland from Stockholm on the ferry?
      - What is the frequency of the ferries?
      -Will anything even be open this time of year? (The guide books show stuff opening in May)
      -Is getting around this time of year easy on the island?

Thank you, Grant!

2 Answers Feb 15, 2015 at 7:44 AM
    • JoAnn94024's Profile Photo

Aland Island transportation

Mariehamn Dec 7, 2006 at 8:03 PM

Are there car ferries to Aland? I'd like to travel from Sweden to Aland and on to Finland, so I'm trying to find out if I need to leave a rental behind in Sweden, take a ferry to Aland and then on to Finland, and pick-up a new rental in Finland - or - if I can take a car the whole route.

Thanks!

3 Answers Jul 6, 2008 at 6:26 AM
    • Animas's Profile Photo

From Helsinki

Åland Oct 24, 2005 at 12:48 AM

I plan staying in Aland 2nights from Helsinki but lm so confused right now about the Viking/Silja line...
      okay I will start from Helsinki (on Sun 23 April 2006) to Aland then Aland (on 25 April) to Stockholm...
      Would you please give me the route,the time and the price ( for 2 adults and 2 kids--12 and 8 yrs old )
      Thanks in advance

1 Answer Oct 25, 2005 at 5:19 PM
    • Vojtaa's Profile Photo

bike rental

Ålands Län Feb 4, 2005 at 9:45 AM

Hi, I am going to visit Åland in May and I´d like to rent a bike in Mariehamn (or elsewhere)...is it possible? if so, could you give closer info? thanks

2 Answers Feb 5, 2005 at 6:56 AM
    • davidcross's Profile Photo

More info on Aland Islands

Åland Oct 23, 2003 at 4:04 AM

My wife and I are planning a visit to the Åland Islands in June, 2004. We shall be using public transport and I shall have the timetables for buses and ferries. We should like to stay on a b-and-b basis in farms or guesthouses and we should want to be near Mariemhahm for a few nights for proximity to buses. We should appreciate any information or suggestions.

7 Answers Oct 29, 2003 at 1:14 AM
    • thelittlevoice's Profile Photo

Hotel

Åland Jul 31, 2003 at 11:10 PM

does anyone have any accommodation to suggest? thanks.

6 Answers Aug 15, 2003 at 9:29 PM