VirtualTourist.com will close on Feb 27th.

Please save any personal content and exchange contact info with other members you’d like to stay in touch with. Thank you for your contributions to the VirtualTourist community.

Airlie Beach Travel Answers

change location

AB in March

by Giama Online Now Dec 28, 2008 at 4:36 PM

Hi all

My partner and I recently booked our honeymoon in Airlie Beach for eary March next year. We were advised of the stinger season, but our travel agent failed ot mention the rainy - cyclone season. Can you please advise whether early march is a good time to travel to Airlie Beach? How rainy is it?

Quote & Answer
1 Answer
  • cafank's Profile Photo

Re: AB in March

by cafank Online Now Dec 30, 2008 at 5:09 AM

Hi, Airlie can be great weather in March with little or no rain, but there have been a couple of late rains at times. I stay with friends and have been there in Mar Apr with great weather.
    Check out the weather from all of MArch 2008 - it may give you a good idea of what to expect (this is from Hamilton Island - one of the Great Barrier Reef islands not far from Airlie.): wunderground.com/history/air...

If this link doesn't work go to weather underground, type in Hamilton Island and go for the history, you can get it weekly, monthly etc for any dates

Stingers are a pest but the lagoon at Airlie is a great place to swim and if you must go in the sea make sure you are wearing a full body suit tho your face/neck/hands/feet can still be bitten.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines