Travel Answers

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• How much for chichen it's a,and excursions.

CancĂșn Oct 8, 2016 at 9:31 AM

Hello everyone,

I would like to know how much some of you paid for your excursions in and around Cancun like for example chicken itza,cenotes,s winning with dolphins etc.

• My itenerary

Mexico Oct 10, 2016 at 5:02 PM

I have about 7-8 days in Mexico.
      My interests are photography and historical sites.

I am thinking about spending
      4 days in Mexico city with side trips to Puebla and Teotihuacan ruins
      3-4 days in guanajuato - side trips to Morelia and San Miguel

are the side trips doable? or are they too far to enjoy for a day trip?
      Should I just stay in Mexico city and do day trips from there the whole time?
      any suggestions would be appreciated.

• oslocairo's Profile Photo

planning time to visit colonial cities around Guanajuato

by oslocairo Online Now Aug 24, 2010 at 10:15 AM

I am planning a trip where I will stay in a hostel in Guanajuato and will have 9 days of visiting time. Since I am making Guanajuato my home base, I would like to visit other cities near by as day trips.

I know nothing about these places, but realize, at least that some are smaller than others and of course,and perhaps several could be visited in one day, while others would take several days.

Nonetheless, I am on a limited budget and so must return to Guanajuato to sleep. Also, I do not have a car, so would likely take a bus.

With that in mind, What are your recommendations? My thought was the following: Guadalajara ( I know, more than one day, but possibly city center highlights?), Queretaro, Morelia/ Patzuaro, Zacatecas. San Luis Potosi, Aquaclaientes,San Miguel de Allende. I have read that Dolores Hidalgo is very important historically, but architecturally, not of that much interest, but I am not sure.

I assume I will spend 3 days or so seeing Guanajuato as well and can, of course see it in small chunks of time each day as well. I have a lot of energy and don't mind long days, but am I just crazy to try to see all of this in my short time?

I really appreciate your help.

Thank you for any suggestions.

• hotel to stay at in Aguascalientes

by rivalta Online Now Aug 27, 2004 at 4:24 PM

Has anyone stayed in Aguascalientes? I am looking for a hotel with a colonial feel to it (possibly an old palace), moderately priced, but comfortable?

1 Answer Aug 28, 2004 at 11:20 AM
    • How safe is Aguascalientes

by Gacela Online Now Nov 9, 2003 at 7:06 PM

Unfortunatley these days one hears much about kidnappings in several places ? Changing the subject how is the food down there especially vegetables and fruits? Is the land around there fertile? Are there mineral and of mud baths in the area? What is is like living there, is it sociable, expensive, tighlty knit community? Que tan seguro es andar por las called de Aguascaleintes con tanto secuestro que ha habido en el pais uno se pregunta. Que tal la comida acaso la tierra es fertil por alla? hay buenas verduras y frutas? Acaso hay aguas minerales y banos termales? Como es la vida alla? tranquila o agitada como en la mayoria de las ciudades grandes? Amable la gente o mas bien reacia. personal? Que tal el clima frio, templado o caliente? Es aconsejable viajar por carretera desde la frontera cons USA o mejor vuela uno - en cuestion de seguridad

2 Answers Feb 13, 2007 at 4:49 PM