VirtualTourist.com will close on Feb 27th.

Please save any personal content and exchange contact info with other members you’d like to stay in touch with. Thank you for your contributions to the VirtualTourist community.

Travel Answers
Adirondack State Park

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Things to do

by desrochesgil Online Now Jul 16, 2015 at 3:29 PM

My niece's two daughters - 11 and 13 - are athletic and curious, but used to city life. I would like to use Adirondack (I live in Saratoga County) to introduce them to the outdoors. What activities with associated locations would you recommend.

1 Answer Jul 16, 2015 at 4:01 PM
    • apbeaches's Profile Photo

Prisoner Escape in the area?

by apbeaches Online Now Jun 18, 2015 at 12:52 PM

We were going to drive north of NYC spend time in Lake Placid, a day in Plattsburgh, before going to Montreal. We are really happy with our reservations & trip planned ...

Fellow travelers; What are your thoughts? Would you drive through the area with 800 police officers & dogs searching for Richard W. Matt and David Sweat escapees from Dannemora prison?

8 Answers Jun 19, 2015 at 12:01 PM
    • Good Places to Cliff Jump

by brendanowugames Online Now Jul 17, 2011 at 2:02 PM

Hey I'm planning on going to the Adirondacks next weekend with some friends and was wondering some good waterfalls for or cliffs we could jump. Just a place with atleast like four good jumps within close proximity. If anyone could help me out that'd be great.

• family fun

by dennydoo50 Online Now Aug 13, 2010 at 8:13 AM

Help, we are staying 5 miles up Saranac Lake Rt 3. 50 ish mom and dad taking 2 13 yr old girls. looking for quiet sandy beach, swimming holes, beginner affordable canoeing..best pizza....planning on bringing our dauschound..is that acceptable at beaches? Please help..leaving on Monday..any other tips? thanks

• cabin in the adirondacks?

by jthomas1 Online Now Aug 15, 2007 at 9:10 AM

greetings,

can anyone recommend or suggest that i avoid any cabins/resort in the lake george area or anywhere really in the adirondack area?

i'm looking for a simple, inexpensive, clean cabin or cottage.

thanks,

jt

1 Answer Aug 15, 2007 at 12:36 PM