Açores

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Festivals in are around Lagos in May

Lagos Nov 13, 2016 at 6:32 AM

Any festivals in Lagos, Portugal in the late May ?

more
    • yakdoog's Profile Photo

Ferry Boat travel between islands

Azores Nov 6, 2016 at 9:36 AM

My sister and I will be traveling to Terceira next August. We were hoping to be able to ferry between the islands. I have been researching the ferry websites (Atlantico); however, not as informative as I would like to ease my concern about catching a ferry between Terceira and Sao Miguel, Filal or Pico.

Any way to get actual schedule on paper? Better to fly between the islands or is ferry travel reliable?

more
    • MalenaN's Profile Photo

Stay the whole week in Funchal, or not?

Madeira Island Nov 6, 2016 at 12:43 AM

Hello!
      I will visit Madeira for a week in April and during that week I would like to do several hikes. Is it good to base myself in Funchal and from there make daytrips with local transportation (bus) to places where I can start/end a hike, or should I base myself in another town/village for a few days?

more
    • craigkay's Profile Photo

US Citizens living part time in Portugal

Portugal Nov 22, 2016 at 10:15 AM

Hi all,
      Several of us (US citizens) are contemplating a part time residence in Portugal and are considering various cities and options, including Lisbon, Algarve and smaller towns north of Lisbon. If anyone has suggestions as to where to start our research and share experiences, I would appreciate all comments. Any practical advice (access to medical care, climate, etc.) is very welcome.
      Thanks!

more
    • Walk from algar seco to....

Lagos Nov 6, 2016 at 2:55 AM

Hi. I will be in Faro and Portugal for first time since 30.11 till 3.12. I would like to visit Algarve probably on Friday 2nd December. I was thinking to take morning train to Lagoa, and then bus to Carvoeiro. (I think I will be in Carvoeiro before 11am according to buses). I wanted to do daylight walk along the coast from algar seco, through benagil, and praia marinha. Because I don't have idea about distances, how far it is , and could I continue my walk yet further to see another beaches too? Do I have to return to lagoa or can I take return bus/train from yet another town to come back to faro? Maybe anyone of you are going to have a walk that day too?

more