change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• tony2phones's Profile Photo

Sad News on Closure

Ireland Jan 7, 2017 at 12:49 PM

I would like to say a big thank you to the management and staff @ VT for running a clean ship and being one of the better Irish forums over many years.
      Anyone not wishing to ask on the more Klanish parent Forum of TA might want to look at Fodor's or Ireland Yes.
      Anyone wanting to contact me can do so on Facebook @ https://www.facebook.com/t2pIreland/

more
    • evaav's Profile Photo

Achill Island

by evaav Online Now Apr 29, 2011 at 1:00 AM

Hello everyone. I am going to Achill this weekend and i am looking for company so if anyone would like to join me we can arrange something :)

• AudreySue

by AudreySue Online Now Sep 9, 2005 at 10:27 AM

I'm heading to Achill Island next weekend...loved reading all of your posts and seeing your photos! Spent a week in a thatched roof cottage in Donegal last fall and am renting a similar cottage on the island. I'm expecting to have bad hair all week and will pack rain gear. Flying into Shannon and will pick up groceries on the way. Any tips or advice for a September trip?

Liz

4 Answers Sep 14, 2005 at 3:04 PM
    • RhineRoll's Profile Photo

Midges on Achill

by RhineRoll Online Now Apr 27, 2004 at 8:44 AM

One rarely gets warnings/complaints about Midges in Ireland, but at least in areas with blanket bog (like Achill Island), they must be around. Is my guess correct, that the problem is not as bad as in the Scottish Highlands? I'll be on Achill in July and should there be a warm and calm evening, it'd be great to be able to sit outside the cottage without having to fear Scottish-style air raids. I'm a bit careful after my last year's experience from South Uist. People told me there weren't any midges on the Outer Hebrides, and if there had been (strictly theroetically speaking...), then it'd be always windy enough to keep them from flying. WELL, we had a hot week with temperatures well above 25 Celsius and NO wind...flat out calm... and GUESS WHO was VISITING US??? GRRRRRR HOW I HATE THOSE MIDGES!!!!

8 Answers Aug 17, 2005 at 5:23 AM
    • Traveldi's Profile Photo

Fun to be had in Achill

by Traveldi Online Now Apr 12, 2004 at 7:59 AM

Dear VT's I am heading to Achill on Saturday and would love to know about interesting places to enjoy while I am there! Thank you! Travel Di

3 Answers Apr 25, 2004 at 1:39 AM