change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• LouiseTopp's Profile Photo

Sally Lunns

Bath Nov 30, 2016 at 11:39 AM

Is this far from the railway station please?

more
    • London Reconstructing of Big Ben

London Nov 27, 2016 at 11:14 PM

Hi all,
      I will be heading to London for the first time in Feb 2017.
      News had mention that the reconstructing of Big Ben will start in early 2017. The last news available was in April 2017 about the works. I have also read the FAQ at the parliament website but they do not really have an indicative date.
      Read that scaffolding will take 4-6 months to build. Not sure if the view in Feb will be much effected. Saw google images of the tower with scaffolding and it's not a very pretty sight. :(
      Anyone knows of any news of the work schedule or any comments much appreciated.

more
    • taurean_traveller's Profile Photo

London Gatwick changes

London Nov 25, 2016 at 10:24 AM

I have posted this on the TRAVEL ALERTS section here on VT but don't know if there is any other place to post.

From the 25th January 2017
      These changes take place at London Gatwick
      British Airways will operate from South Terminal
      Easyjet and Virgin will operate from the North Terminal.

Found this when I tried to book parking at Gatwick's aiport and this warning came up.

Feel free to move to any appropriate section

more
    • Arriving Gatwick South to Bus terminal - how long?

Gatwick Nov 14, 2016 at 1:48 PM

Hi,

Any ideas how long it will take to get from gate on arrival to the bus station at the south terminal? Domestic flight with no checked luggage.

Could it be done in 25 min?

Thanks.

more
    • brentdong's Profile Photo

Airside transit or visitor in transit visa or no visa requirement in heathrow airport?

Heathrow 9 hours ago

Hi everybody, I am Brent, from Vietnam. Now Im living in Hungary and then I have resident permit of an EEA members (as Hungarian resident permit).
      In Jan 2017, my friend (Hungarian) and I (vietnamese, have an EEA resident permit) is going to travel to Vietnam by British Airways, in which we will transit in Heathrow Airport for about 5 hours. We are arriving to heathrow in terminal 3 and then departing in terminal 4. So please help us, in this case, do we need to apply for the airside transit visa or visiting in transit visa?

1. We have 2 ways ticket (go to vietnam and back to hungary)
      2. We are a Hungarian and Vietnamese (Have hungarian resident permit) and ofc valid passport and vietnamese visa.
      3. British airways has confirmed that our checked bags will be sent directly to the last destination.
      4. We have to change terminal in the Heathrow airport.

Thanks very much and best regard !!

more
    • TERMINAL TRANSFER

Heathrow Nov 24, 2016 at 2:05 AM

I am travelling from Delhi to Terminal2 I have to get my complete luggage and then go to Terminal 3 for check IS this possible or I have to get visa

more
    • jcourtnellsmith's Profile Photo

Bus service

Carlisle Nov 22, 2016 at 12:06 AM

Is there a bus service from Court Square ( or nearby ) to The Sands Centre ( or near ). I can't seem to find what I'm looking for on the internet

more
    • Scotlandsdave's Profile Photo

New Years Eve

London Yesterday

Hi there, I am travelling to London over the new year with my Girlfriend. We've left it a bit last minute but we're wondering if anyone has any good suggestions on how to spend NYE. Whether that be a dinner and dance, street party, and kind of event really to make it a memorable new year? All suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

more
    • Transferring from international flight at North Terminal to domestic flight at South Terminal

Gatwick Nov 14, 2016 at 4:44 PM

Hello, I am looking at booking a flight from Sydney, Australia to Newquay, Cornwall via Gatwick with 2 children and 3 checked-in bags (the children are 10&13 so can wheel their own luggage).

I have two connecting flight options with my Emirates flight, which lands at North Terminal at 7.20am:

1. Flybe from South Terminal at 9.30am
      2. Flybe from South Terminal at 1.35pm.

Common sense is saying hang around for the 1.35pm flight but that's a long time to sit at Costa, especially after a 23-hour journey & with two tired children ... Do you think (providing the plane lands on time) that I'd have a good chance of making the 9.30am flight or would it be just too much of a rush?

Thanks in advance

more
    • London gatwick layover time

Gatwick Nov 13, 2016 at 10:06 AM

Hi,
      I have booked a flight from zurich to london gatwick by easyjet, landing at 11 am at the north terminal. Have an onward journey to dubai by emirates at 1.30 pm from the same terminal. I have luggage to check in and will have to go through border. Will the layover time be sufficient?.Couldnt find any earlier flights to book!!

more
    • Leeds, Temple Newsam, where to stay

Leeds Nov 11, 2016 at 2:55 PM

I plan to drive from the Scottish Borders, stopping at Hadrian's Wall then to Leeds where I'd spend one night then visit Temple Newsam the following morning.

Can anyone recommend a pleasant b&b near TN?

Is Temple Newsam in the city, a suburb or rural area? I'd like to stay in a less populated area.

I haven't been able to learn much on the net. Is Wakefield convenient to TN?

Thanks!

more
    • Best area to stay

London Nov 17, 2016 at 4:36 AM

Which area is the best location and most convenient to stay? Traveling with my husband and 8 year old! Want to be somewhat close to all the sightseeing! TIA!

more
    • wmeylia75's Profile Photo

What is the best prepaid sim card for travelers in London and Scotland

United Kingdom Dec 5, 2016 at 3:32 AM

I'm going to London and Scotland next week for 2 weeks, and I need the prepaid sim card that supported 3G/4G internet data, actually I need the most for data / internet. Does anyone can help me which one is the best prepaid sim card for internet data with good coverage during my stay in London and Scotland (Edinburgh, Hihgland and Isle of Skye)? Can I get it at the Heathrow airport or any recommended shop that I can buy for that prepaid sim card? Thanks.

more
    • HelenBird1's Profile Photo

Best restaurants in Nottingham, near City of Caves

Nottingham Dec 5, 2016 at 7:18 AM

Hi!
      I'm planning a trip to Nottingham where I will show my friends the sandstone beauty, the City of Caves. Since we may spend there a lot of time, I need some recommendations on good cafes/restaurants/pubs near this attraction to have a dinner at. Where would you go? =) The cuisine doesn't matter, but the distance does (it should be near the City of Caves). I've found a list of restaurants at alltheviews.com/restaurants-... but still can't decide on a place to visit. Is Ibérico World Tapas really great?

more
    • Is this a good place to celebrate birthday in London?

London Dec 5, 2016 at 4:23 AM

Hi all,
      I'm new here and I hope you can help me with advice:
      Being studying various restaurant comparing sites (Tripadvisor, Michelin, Alltheviews...), I decided to try out Ye Olde Mitre Yelp and Tripadvisor estimate it pretty high (as I can judge from alltheviews.com/Ye-Olde-Mitr...), but I want a real person opinionб who has been there recently. I forgot to mention the reason - why I'm choosing a place to go out: we want to celebrate my father's bithday and he likes bars a lot. So, we need one with a good atmosphere.

So, is Ye Olde Mitre a good place to go to for a celebration?

more
    • Oyster or contactless

London Nov 20, 2016 at 10:39 AM

is there any advantage to buying the oyster cards or is using concatless cards just the same.

more
    • Best area to stay

London Nov 17, 2016 at 4:36 AM

Which area is the best location and most convenient to stay? Traveling with my husband and 8 year old! Want to be somewhat close to all the sightseeing! TIA!

more
    • Best transportation to Stonehenge and Glastonbury Tor

London Dec 5, 2016 at 9:14 AM

I will be visiting London for 3 days in March. I would like to take a day to visit Stonehenge and Glastonbury Tor (both in the same day).

I saw there was a tour offered that included them both, but they are only on Fridays, and unfortunately I will not be there at that time.

What is the best way to travel from London to these two sites? Rail? Bus? Some other way?

Thank you for any information.

more

The Royal Crescent

Bath Nov 30, 2016 at 11:12 AM

Hi is this museum easy to find from the railway station, also how much time does it take to get round?

more
    • Cheap accommodation near London

London Nov 24, 2016 at 11:47 AM

Hello! I'm travelling to London this Saturday, but I don't have a place to stay yet. I will be in London for 1 month and I was wondering if you recommend any location near London where it might be cheaper, or if you know of any Web page in which people offer rooms for short term accommodation. Thank you so much!

more
    • Family attractions

London Nov 20, 2016 at 10:43 AM

I need to keep two young children and 3 young adults entertained.

I´ve book tussauds and the london eye. We are hoping to go to Winterwonderland and see Buckinhgam palace. Are there any must sees or child freindly activities.

more
    • Flying.Scotsman's Profile Photo

Narrowboat Holidays on English canals.

England Dec 5, 2016 at 4:46 PM

Mrs Flying.Scotland and I are considering a one week canal boat holiday next August / September. We will both be 70, are reasonably fit, and want a trip that goes through small towns and villages with good canalside pubs and nice countryside too. Can anyone suggest what is their favourite canal trips and also any pointers for first time canal boaters. Thanks for any help you can give us. Bruce

more

Weatherspoons

Bath Nov 30, 2016 at 11:43 AM

Is there one in Bath please?

more
    • Luggage storage on departure day .

London Nov 21, 2016 at 7:50 PM

The accommodation we have booked dont have luggage storage facilities on our departure day. We check out at 10 and have a train booked for 4. I've checked at the train station and the cost is £87. ( 1 case and 6x Hand luggage) is this my only option? We were hoping to use our last day to visit winter wonderland .

more
    • visiting highclere castle from london

London Nov 18, 2016 at 2:11 PM

best way to get to HIghclere Castle from London. I was going to take a tour from London but they all include other stops for a full day. I'd just like to go to the castle and gardens. Any thoughts

more
    • Aussie in Abernethy

by name_pending Online Now Apr 25, 2006 at 4:58 AM

Hi all!
      I'm from Australia and have just secured a job in Abernethy, Scotland which I'm very excited about.
      I was wondering if anyone could tell me anything about the town? I know about the Round Tower and where the town in situated, but would love to know anything else.
      Thank You
      -samma