VirtualTourist.com will close on Feb 27th.

Please save any personal content and exchange contact info with other members you’d like to stay in touch with. Thank you for your contributions to the VirtualTourist community.

Travel Answers
A Hoi

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• road work disruption

Ho Chi Minh City Jan 3, 2017 at 7:48 AM

were planning a visit to HCMC in May, can anyone who's visited recently comment if there visits was affected by the works being carried out to develop the new metro system , also can anyone recommend a 3 day stay on a beach resort please.

many thanks

more
    • TatyanaA's Profile Photo

2 days trek

Vietnam Dec 24, 2016 at 6:53 AM

Can anybody advice trek near Dong Hoi for 2 days? Moderate to average difficulty

more
    • Sol Beach House Phu Quoc

Phu Quoc Dec 19, 2016 at 11:19 AM

Anyony who knows something about Sol Beach House Phu Quoc? I found this hotel on Hotels.com and I think it looks really nice. The price was also very good. But after looking at the pictures for a while, I realized that the pictures was not real.

I suppose it´s because the hotel is not finished, but I can´t find so much information about the hotel. Anyone with some information?

more
    • JohannP's Profile Photo

Vietnam itinerary suggestions/comments/recommendations

Vietnam Jan 7, 2017 at 12:44 AM

Hi All

We are leaving for Vietnam on 11 January 2017. We arrive in Hanoi on 12 January 2017 and depart from Hanoi on 26 February 2017.

So far I have only booked a hotel in Hanoi for 7 nights. The rest of the itinerary is still flexible.

I need some suggestions and comments and recommendations from your experiences as to possible changes to cities being visited, number of days and other cities to be visited, etc. 

Hanoi - 7 nights

Fly to

Luang Prabang - 6 nights

Fly to

Siem Reap - 7 nights

Fly to

Phnom Penh - 7 nights

Boat to

HCMC - 5 nights

Fly to

Hoi An - 5 nights

Hue - 5 nights

Fly to

Hanoi and Halong Bay - 3 nights

Or maybe skip Hue and spend more time in Hanoi/Halang Bay/SAPA?

Thanks for your input.

Regards

Johann

more
    • JohannP's Profile Photo

Vaccinations for South African citizens

Vietnam Jan 7, 2017 at 12:22 AM

Hi all

We are a couple from Cape Town leaving for Vietnam on 11 January 2017 entering through Hanoi.

We have been reading a lot about vaccines recommended and get conflicting stories.

According to the website www.dirco.gov.za (dated 27 November 2013):

"There is a risk of malaria in non-urban areas. Hepatitis A & B immunisations are recommended (Dengue fever or DHF). There is no immunization against DHF. It is strongly recommended that comprehensive travel and health insurance be obtained which would include emergency air evacuation by a recognised carrier. Prospective travellers should check with their insurer to make sure that their policy meets their needs."

CDC again recommends that:

"most travellers" get travel vaccines and medicines for Hepatitis A, Typhoid and that "some travellers" get vaccines for Japanese Encephalitis. They even warn They also warn about the Zika virus.

I personally have travelled to many parts of the world and have never taken any vaccines before but my partner is concerned.

Can anybody please shed some light on the subject?

Regards

Johann

more
    • First visit to Ho Chi Minh

Ho Chi Minh City Dec 22, 2016 at 5:26 AM

2female first visit to Ho Chi Minh for 5days 4night. We will staying in District 1.

Pls advise any must visit place & things to do and any precautions to be taken? We are on budget travel.

Thanks

more
    • First timer

Ho Chi Minh City Jan 2, 2017 at 11:18 PM

Hi

This is my first time there and would like to know which hotel is cheap and good near to the market.

What is the bus and bus fare to the tourist places?

Can recommend some good eateries?

Thank you.

more
    • First visit in mid janaury for single guy from London

Vietnam Dec 31, 2016 at 5:50 AM

Traveling from London Single guy 43 yrs on first visit to Vietnam , looking for a nice relaxed pampered holiday , but at the same time want to see all the tourist attractions with regards the war etc.
      Want a nice luxury hotel but at the same time that wont cost a fortune, preferably looking for relaxed night life , not mad busy touristy areas , prefer to stay away from big crowds etc,
      Probably stay for around ten days and then move onto Phuket or similar in Thailand for ten days , which is best to do first Thailand or Vietnam?
      For Saigon is it extremely busy city like London or is their nice quieter relaxed areas of it , and where else in Vietnam is good to visit that's not overly tourist but nice relaxed beach hotel bars clubs etc
      Is wifi available in all hotels bars etc, whats rough price of good 4 star hotels , food , drinks , taxis , etc

more

Near A Hoi

• ice0degree's Profile Photo

hotels?

by ice0degree Online Now Jul 22, 2005 at 9:59 PM

hiya,

i'll be travelling to Hoi An at end of the month ie next week (YES!!). anyone has any recommendation on nice and affordable hotel? i'm kinda torn between staying in the town center, or riverside or beachfront, any suggestion?

also, where can i book hotels at the cheapest rate? which website or travel agent?

PS: i'm a spoilt traveller...

1 Answer Jan 1, 2010 at 12:10 AM