Miscellaneous Forum

moiraistyx's Profile Photo

What is your favorite Disney memory?

by moiraistyx Online Now Aug 31, 2008 at 7:37 PM

My family and I just got back from my first trip to Disney and everyone keeps asking me, what was my favorite thing, well I can't at the moment pick just one favorite thing cause there was so much I loved. What is your favorite Disney memory?

Quote & Reply
18 Replies
  • madamx's Profile Photo

Re: What is your favorite Disney memory?

by madamx Online Now Aug 31, 2008 at 7:38 PM

The ice cream bars shaped like Mickey Mouse.

• moiraistyx's Profile Photo

by moiraistyx Online Now Aug 31, 2008 at 7:39 PM

Ah yes, had me one of those, my son loved the Mickey Mouse shaped ice cream sandwich. I loved the frozen strawberry bar myself.

by moiraistyx Online Now Aug 31, 2008 at 9:28 PM

your grandma was a brave soul. if it spins, you won't see me on it. my son made me ride Tower of Terror with him, let's just say, I won't be going anywhere near that ride anytime soon.

• iaint's Profile Photo

by iaint Online Now Aug 31, 2008 at 11:13 PM

My son was 7 when we went. I think it was only our second trip away on our own, so it was still a bit stressful for me (still is I suppose, but for "teenager" reasons now!).

Anyway, after a long day at Epcot we were looking for somewhere to eat before heading for the hotel. For some reason (maybe it was quieter) we sat in a Mexican place. Mark is pretty good about food, but he'd never heard of Mexican before, so I was nervous.

He ordered fajitas, and to my amazement he scoffed the lot in double quick time (yes, including all the veggies). Made my day!

• Redlats's Profile Photo

by Redlats Online Now Sep 1, 2008 at 2:46 AM

>>> What is your favourite Disney memory?

Sitting in the little car with my family and listening to "Its a small world after all" ten million times in 200 languages, but always the same tune.

I came out of that ride permanently scarred with that ear worm I think, so it is not my favourite, but it is my most memorable.

• Jokerit_pl's Profile Photo

by Jokerit_pl Online Now Sep 1, 2008 at 3:11 AM

Wow, that's a good question. I have so many memories of Disneyland from my childhood having been there a lot .. also helps that I grew up and lived near there most of my life too.

I guess it was the first time I saw the fireworks show there. I was so in awe because I had never seen anything like it before. I was scared of the noise the first few times I saw the show, but then got used to it.

As for rides .. Adventure Through Innerspace was my favorite ride when I was little, as I was fascinated with anything science. That was before my folks let me go on all of the faster rides.

• madamx's Profile Photo

by madamx Online Now Sep 1, 2008 at 6:28 AM

is that the one where it looks like everyone is shrinking as they go through microscope? That was one of my favorites. Also the tiki house with the singing birds.

• nomad7890's Profile Photo

by nomad7890 Online Now Sep 1, 2008 at 6:32 AM

This will probably sound bad, but my good Disney memory *overall* is the California Disney - it held more magic. There may be many reasons too complex - but for the Florida park which I only go to if grandkids are involved, my happiest memory is getting on my car to go back home. My grandkids are not too crazy about Disney now, and would rather stay home playing board games with their uncle and aunt than being in the park.

• Rixie's Profile Photo

by Rixie Online Now Sep 1, 2008 at 10:37 AM

The Peter Pan ride -- sailing out of the nursery window and over the lights of London.

lats, I must confess that I'm a closet fan of It's a Small World. I loved all the little dolls in their native costumes, singing the same can't-get-it-out-of-your-brain song in different languages. Very global. Almost like VT, except that we'd be singing about chocolate and beer.

by Jokerit_pl Online Now Sep 1, 2008 at 12:48 PM

Yeah, the Adventure Through Innerspace was the one where you shrank to microscope size. It was unfortunately replaced in 1986 by Star Tours.

I also have a lot of fond memories of attractions that are no longer at Disneyland.

• madamx's Profile Photo

by madamx Online Now Sep 1, 2008 at 12:52 PM

Luckily, It's a Small World was closed when we were there!

by Jokerit_pl Online Now Sep 1, 2008 at 1:48 PM

You know what would be interesting? If they did a Halloween overlay on Small World. Scary dolls. That would get me to go on that ride again.

• madamx's Profile Photo

by madamx Online Now Sep 1, 2008 at 2:45 PM

OMG that would be hilarious. With Voodoo dolls.

• Re: What is your favorite Disney memory?

by traveltime08 Online Now Sep 1, 2008 at 3:03 PM

Going on a scavenger hunt to find the "hidden Mickeys"- a lot of fun and made waiting in lines enjoyable. I also enjoyed winning the simulated version of "Who wants to be a Millionaire?" But the absolute favorite was taking a nephew and seeing the wonder and suspension of belief in his eyes when he met the costumed characters.

by moiraistyx Online Now Sep 1, 2008 at 5:03 PM

The new midway mania game in hollywood studios is great, the little ones loved that the most.

by Jokerit_pl Online Now Sep 2, 2008 at 1:59 AM

haha .. Halloween at Small World with voodoo dolls .. or dolls that look like the ones in Barbarella. Nah, can't scare away the little ones who absolutely adore the ride.

Another fond memory was the Starcade right next to Space Mountain during the video games era from late 70s to mid 80s. Up till recently, you could still see the early 80s sci-fi style facade on the second level of the existing Starcade.

• nomad7890's Profile Photo

by nomad7890 Online Now Sep 2, 2008 at 6:09 AM

Barbarella ... ha ha ... that's a name from the past. Remember my husband and his brothers joking about it. At the time I came out it *was* a little "risque" - quite mild by today's standards.

• raytor's Profile Photo

by raytor Online Now Sep 2, 2008 at 6:54 AM

I went to Disneyworld with my daughter when she was about 5. I told her that if we got seperated, to go to the last place she remembered seeing me and stand there waiting for me. Sure enough, one of those moments comes when I turn around and she isn't with me. Crowds of people around packed shoulder to shoulder. I look around to see a gap in the moving crowd sort of like water flowing around a rock. I made my way over to the gap and there she was, with two disney employees crouched down next to her trying to talk her into going with them to try to find me. She was standing there with her arms crossed and not moving. She was telling them that she was at the last place she saw me and she was going to stay there until I showed up. It was pretty obvious from the look on her face that she was not going to be talked into moving.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines