Miscellaneous Forum

suru's Profile Photo

EU airlines rules for delayed or lost baggage compensation.

by suru Online Now Jun 7, 2007 at 1:03 PM

Can any one please let me know the EU airlines rules of compensation for delayed or lost baggages? Any website with your suggestion would be helpful.
My baggage is yet to be delivered to me since 4th June by Alitalia.
Thaks in advance.

Quote & Reply
7 Replies
  • leics's Profile Photo

Re: EU airlines rules for delayed or lost baggage compensation.

by leics Online Now Jun 7, 2007 at 1:36 PM

transport.ie/viewitem.asp?id...

or

caa.co.uk/default.aspx?catid...

money.guardian.co.uk/experts...

http://66.102.9.104/search?q=cache:7E-ikS5xthsJ:www.lbia.co.uk/pdf/Air_Passenger_Rights.pdf+eu+regulations+lost+baggage&hl=en&ct=clnk&cd=7&gl=uk

might be useful.

Basically, baggage is not officially 'lost' until 21 days have passed. How airlines settle claims before that varies.

This is the 'Montreal Convention' site : opsi.gov.uk/si/si2002/200202...

• leics's Profile Photo

by leics Online Now Jun 7, 2007 at 11:22 PM

Agree entirely.....was just trying to be tactful. :-) And had assumed that initial contact with Alitalia had been made, and the OP was covering further options.

Three days is nothing really, and the individual airline is the one to pester, of course. But the question was about EU regulations and their relevance to lost baggage, hence my links (relevant to the carrier's origin rather than that of the passenger).

• suru's Profile Photo

by suru Online Now Jun 8, 2007 at 3:15 AM

Many thanks to all of you. Ofcourse iam in touch with the airlines in my city.
    The problem is that Ailtalia was to deliver my baggage at Paris. and promptly i lodged my complaint at Paris airport on the same day.

I want to check with you the new rules of EU (for EU airlines)that came into force around a couple of years ago. I need a copy of those rules so that i can talk to airlines incase they don't compensate.
    By theway are the Montreal convention rules different from EU rules for delayed or lost baggage?

Though i stil have hopes that i would get my baggage, i want to be prepared incase the airlines says it has been lost. I don't want the airlines to take me for a ride (which the arlines are quite capable of in such cases)and thus my advaced preparations.

You would have noticed that no EU airline will ever make public the EU rules pertaining to claims (of whatever nature)of the passengers.They all talk about EU rules on other subjects.

So i will be thankful if anyone can let me kow the EU rules (applicable to EU airlines)
    Thanks again.

• leics's Profile Photo

by leics Online Now Jun 9, 2007 at 4:00 AM

My links give the EU rules, I thought.

• suru's Profile Photo

by suru Online Now Jun 11, 2007 at 11:17 AM

Yes...your last reference gives EU rules...Sorry for my overlook.Many thanks for your reference.

• leics's Profile Photo

by leics Online Now Jun 11, 2007 at 11:30 AM

You're welcome. Hope your bags turn up soon!

• leics's Profile Photo

by leics Online Now Jun 11, 2007 at 11:30 AM

You're welcome. Hope your bags turn up soon!

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines