Zwolle Travel Answers

change location

Accommodation in Zwolle

by godivar Online Now Apr 18, 2011 at 2:31 AM

Hello!

I will travel to Zwolle for a concert in the end of May. Everything else is ok, but remains to find accommodation for around 30 euros per night. I searched in several different sites for hostel, but I had no success. I found only hotels, which are too expensive for me, unfortunately. I hope you may help me...

Thank you in advance!

Greetings,
Venelin

Quote & Answer
9 Answers
  • northeast80's Profile Photo

Re: Accommodation in Zwolle

by northeast80 Online Now Apr 18, 2011 at 5:41 AM

Hi Venelin
    Yes, there isn't much out there for that price. Would you be able to stay in, say Apeldorn, and travel in to Zwolle? The reason I ask is becuase there is a hostel there costing €30 per night.
    I suppose it depends on how late the concert goes on and whether the transport is still running at that time.
    Hopefully a local may know something; there are quite a lot of Bed & Brekfast places in Zwolle. I did a google search and it came up with this list, but non around €30;
    bedandbreakfast.nl/plaats/Zw...

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • ATLC's Profile Photo

by ATLC Online Now Apr 18, 2011 at 8:51 AM

Here are 2 B&B's for 35 euro (single) close to the center of Zwolle:

http://duijfathome.nl/bb/
    e-mail:L bb@duijfathome.nl

or

http://home.kpn.nl/hartg114/

and 1 for 30 euro:
    http://www.bedandbreakfastzwolle.nl/
    (click on the English flag and you'll get a Word document in English with all the details).

• pieter_jan_v's Profile Photo

by pieter_jan_v Online Now Apr 18, 2011 at 9:00 AM

Like Apeldoorn The Gorssel Stayokay bhostel may be an option:

stayokay.com/?pageID=3207&ho...

Bus to Deventer station; train to Zwolle.

PJ

• ATLC's Profile Photo

by ATLC Online Now Apr 18, 2011 at 9:01 AM

The problem with hostels in The Netherlands is that, apart from Amsterdam, Rotterdam and maybe one or two other cities, most hostels are not in major towns and thus have less than satisfactory access to trains.
    I hope those B&B's suit you. I suspect that concert will be in the IJsselhallen? In any case, use googlemaps.com to choose the best B&B for you.

Zwolle has a train station and it's not a large city. A taxi from the train station to any of the given B&B's shouldn't break the bank.

If you need to check with public transportation:
    http://journeyplanner.9292.nl/ for bus/train/tram/etc.
    ns.nl/cs/Satellite/traveller... for just train schedules.

• ATLC's Profile Photo

by ATLC Online Now Apr 18, 2011 at 9:07 AM

Hmm... oh well, you've just read my opinion on the location of most Dutch hostels :-)
    I wouldn't want to make that trip back after a concert, really.

Taking Gorssel as an example, it's a trip by train from Zwolle to Deventer and then a bus and then a 17 minute walk. Total 1 hour 5 minutes.

Your latest departure time from Zwolle would be 23.18 hrs (weekday). No later connections.

• pieter_jan_v's Profile Photo

by pieter_jan_v Online Now Apr 18, 2011 at 9:41 AM

Are you going to the Uriah Heep concert?

PJ

• Re: Accommodation in Zwolle

by godivar Online Now Apr 19, 2011 at 1:01 AM

Thanks to all of you, guys! And most to you, ATLC! This is exactly what I'm looking for! I even already wrote an e-mail to one of the hostels and now I'm waiting for confirmation :)

I will go to the concert of Delain in Hedon on the 25th of May :) So the first two hostels from the post of ATLC are perfect for me! I saw that Zwolle is not a big city and according to Google Maps from the rail station to anyone of these two hostels is not more than 2 kilometers? I'm 21 years old and I'm sporty person, so I think it won't be a problem for me ;D Moreover, the sites of these hostels said that the service includes breakfast and taxi, so we'll see :) But I even prefer to walk to the hostel rather than go by car because I'm always very excited when I'm in a new city :) Especially in the Netherlands! I love this country, the concerts and venues there, all thеsе bikes, the architecture and so many other things... I've only been twice in the Netherlands until now (in Eindhoven, Utrecht and Tilburg), but I already want someday to live there! This year I'll be there also in September - again in Tilburg and again for a concert, but this time of another band - Within Temptation :)

Thank you very very much and all the best from Bulgaria!

I wish you fair winds on the road! :)

Greetings,
    Venelin

• ATLC's Profile Photo

by ATLC Online Now Apr 19, 2011 at 1:43 AM

You're most welcome. Zwolle is lovely and lively (there's a big college there, so lots of students). I know it quite well and just know you will enjoy it.

• Re: Accommodation in Zwolle

by godivar Online Now Apr 19, 2011 at 1:53 AM

I'm so sure about that as I'm sure that the concert will be great!

Thank you once again, Anke-Thea! You saved me from a sleepless night after the show ;)

Best wishes,
    Venelin :)

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines