change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Airport Transit Visa - Delhi - Zurich - Toronto

by rahulkumar14 Online Now May 17, 2015 at 12:38 PM

Hi

I am flying on an Indian passport from Delhi to Toronto via Zurich (Layover 3 hours) - do i need a Airport Transit Visa?

I am flying on 23rd May, 2015.

Thanks
      Rahul

2 Answers May 17, 2015 at 2:28 PM
    • AliIrshad's Profile Photo

Visiting Zurich

by AliIrshad Online Now Apr 14, 2015 at 3:36 AM

I am visiting Zurich by the 20/4/2015 for business purposes. I want to add some fun activity to my visit apart from the business meetings. Looking for suggestions for some guided tours in the area.

1 Answer Apr 14, 2015 at 9:54 AM
    • one night layover in Zurich...itinerary question

by ssaw Online Now Mar 16, 2015 at 4:05 AM

I'm arriving in Zurich at 9:40pm on a Wednesday evening in June, and flying out (back home to Canada) the next morning at 9:30am. I would love to check out Zurich in my limited time. I hope my plan is possible. Any advice?
      My tentative plan:

Arrive and be out of the airport by 11pm (approx?)
      Take public transit to Zurich HB Stn
      Check into a hotel within 10-15 minutes walking distance from this station (possibly finding something under 200 CFH? Suggestions?)
      Walk around and check out the Old town, wander a bit and find some late night drinks and food - something with local feel (Suggestions?)
      Back to hotel to sleep for a couple hours, then grab a sunrise coffee and catch train back to airport at 6:30am (enough time for a 9:30am flight?)

I really hope I can make this work. Thank you in advance for any feedback :)

5 Answers Mar 17, 2015 at 3:59 AM
    • 9tigers's Profile Photo

Do I have to pay cash at any of the hostels?

by 9tigers Online Now Mar 11, 2015 at 4:13 PM

it has been a few years since I went to Europe just want to find out if I can pay via credit card now or I still have to pay cash.

thanks!
      Daisy

4 Answers Mar 12, 2015 at 4:45 AM
    • BorneoGrrl's Profile Photo

Short layover sufficient?

by BorneoGrrl Online Now Mar 2, 2015 at 4:07 AM

I'm flying on SWISS and there's a short transit in Zurich airport. Though there's a fast train from the airport, is a 3 hour layover enough time to visit Zurich city center or should I just not risk it and hang around at the airport? Thanks

11 Answers Mar 13, 2015 at 6:10 AM
    • Phyllis-Omar's Profile Photo

Zurich transport

by Phyllis-Omar Online Now Jan 19, 2015 at 6:27 PM

Hi,
      We are travelling to Zurich next week for travel show Fespo Messe 2015. I have a few questions regarding transportation?
      1. What is the best and inexpensive way from airport to city center? How much is the cost?
      2. What is the best option to travel from city center to exhibition area? How much is the cost*
      3. How much a train ride would cost from Zurich to Basel
      Thanks

4 Answers Jan 20, 2015 at 10:38 AM
    • HattimH's Profile Photo

Green Card Holder, Transit Visa!!

by HattimH Online Now Jan 11, 2015 at 11:19 PM

I'm an Egyptian, lives in USA, have the green card, going to have a layover in Zurich for one night (16 hours) do I need a transit visa?.. if yes, can I get it in the airport?

1 Answer Jan 12, 2015 at 10:56 AM
    • 24 Hours kiosk/Shop in Niederdorf

by NadineQ Online Now Nov 8, 2014 at 7:14 PM

Dear all

Does anybody know if in the Niederdorf area there is a 24 hours Kiosk/Shop?

2 Answers Nov 9, 2014 at 5:05 AM
    • adin's Profile Photo

Zurich airport

by adin Online Now Oct 25, 2014 at 7:49 AM

Will be landing in zurich airport at 21:50 just as "transfer" to the next flight on 22:45 to Israel. The inbound flight comes from Warsaw, Poland (schengen block) probably to the main part of the airport and the next flight will be leaving from gate E bulding which is not the same building as the main area of arrival. It is "transfer" with Swiss. I have Polish citizenship and passport. How EXACTLY should I go from the place of getting off board the first flight, to the place of E gates, in just 30 minutes? does anyone can explain it as I've never been in this airport (or Zurich) before?

12 Answers Jan 10, 2015 at 10:44 AM
    • Zurich to Vienna

by afesposit Online Now Sep 11, 2014 at 10:59 AM

Thinking about a 10 day trip over. How many days would you recommend to see Zurich, and then maybe head over to Munich or Vienna?

What would be the best way to travel? Is there high speed rail connections? Any idea of pricing? Thank you.

Andrew

6 Answers Sep 12, 2014 at 10:04 AM
    • how to travel from zurich car sihlquai to zurich airport ?

by PoojaS7 Online Now Sep 5, 2014 at 1:54 PM

what is the best cheap way to go zurich airport ? except train :( bla bla car and car pooling don't go in weekends . I think the last option is mein fren bus but it doesn't goes to airport .So anybody please suggest me howcan i go from zurich car sihlquai to zurich airport ?

7 Answers Sep 6, 2014 at 3:24 AM
    • PatB74's Profile Photo

transportation to Eriz

by PatB74 Online Now Aug 3, 2014 at 10:24 AM

what is the best way to get from Zurich to Eriz? Thanks

2 Answers Aug 3, 2014 at 11:21 AM
    • St. Josef or Adler hotel?

by Bravecat Online Now Jul 14, 2014 at 5:15 AM

I will be in Zurich in September, and can't decide on a nice hotel. St. Josef and Adler both are within my budget and seem to have good reviews. Which one should I go for? Are there any similarly priced hotels that I could consider? Any suggestions will be gratefully appreciated! :)

1 Answer Jul 14, 2014 at 6:25 AM
    • SHARKFIN's Profile Photo

where to stay for eur 80 - 100

by SHARKFIN Online Now Jun 17, 2014 at 7:44 AM

Hi i will be arrrving in zurich from Milan by train on 4 july and flying out zurich on 5 july at a 10.30 pm . so i technically have 2 full days .. planning to cruise the lake and on the next day visit lucern and mt titilis .

my question is where should i stay . i have reseach 2 possible hotel , 25 hour zurich west hotel or hotel limmathof .

or any suggestion is fine with me

thankyou

3 Answers Jun 17, 2014 at 9:49 PM
    • costs of clothings

by floresleigh70 Online Now Jun 8, 2014 at 6:59 PM

how much is the following in Zurich:

1. suit case
      2. chargers
      3.cosmetics
      4. bra
      5. underwear
      6. sunglasses
      7. jeans
      8. jacket
      9. socks
      10. bonnet
      11. gloves
      12. towel
      13. scarf

4 Answers Jun 9, 2014 at 10:03 AM
    • Day trips out of Zurich

by bc0001 Online Now Jun 3, 2014 at 8:45 PM

I am a photographer, so I am interested in finding day trips departing out of a Zurich base - in any direction. Have a SW rail pass, so should probably take advantage of that! :) Also considering one overnight trip into Austria. Have been to Innsbruck previously.

Castles are nice but probably looking more for wine or lakes, etc. Have done numerous castle ventures.

Thanks
      Bruce

1 Answer Jun 4, 2014 at 12:08 AM
    • 5 Hours between Flights at Zurich Airport

by DuncanH4 Online Now May 30, 2014 at 11:19 AM

Hello!

I am a US citizen and I booked a flight from Boston to Barcelona via Zurich on Swiss airlines. My layover in Zurich is 5 hours. I am wondering if I have enough time to quickly enjoy Zurich before I depart for Barcelona. I've read that by train, it is about 10-15 minutes to Zurich.

A few questions...

1. Will my luggage go straight to Barcelona as I am booked to Barcelona on the same airline (Swiss) or will I have to get my luggage and re-check it in?

2. If my luggage is indeed going all the way through to Barcelona, can I go through passport control and exit the airport even though my check in luggage is still at the airport?

3. For a 16:00 Swiss flight from Zurich to Barcelona, what time should I plan on arriving at the Zurich airport?

I understand that under the very best circumstances, my time in Zurich will be very limited. Even just an hour to walk around would make it worth it to me.

4 Answers Jun 3, 2014 at 8:15 AM
    • Visa Requirements

by rurru Online Now May 30, 2014 at 8:29 AM

I am flying from Ny to Nairobi, Kenya and have a 45 min layover between Zurich and Nairobi. Will I need any visas and is there enough time to make my connecting flight?

2 Answers Jun 3, 2014 at 7:29 AM
    • Travel to andermatt from Zurich airport with bicycle

by Artful1bassman Online Now May 27, 2014 at 4:07 AM

What is the easiest way to get from Zurich airport to andermatt with a bicycle arriving July 1st 2014

5 Answers May 27, 2014 at 12:35 PM
    • Kristina1701's Profile Photo

How to kill time at Zurich airport

by Kristina1701 Online Now Apr 27, 2014 at 11:17 AM

I will have to kill 2 hrs and, on the way back home, 3 hrs at Zürich airport, any ideas on what I could do during this time? I guess the time is too short for a short visit to the city centre? Is there anything special one can do at Zürich airport besides having something to eat or checking out the shops?

Many thanks in advance!

2 Answers Apr 27, 2014 at 11:35 AM
    • Bus Services Zurich to Munich

by Sunitab Online Now Apr 24, 2014 at 11:13 PM

Hello , I am travelling to Engelberg for Christmas this year, i have plans to go to Munich. Please advice me with bus timings, company and rates. Is there any bus around 11 am from Zurich to Munich , or any direct buses fro Engelberg to Munich.

5 Answers Apr 25, 2014 at 10:48 AM
    • Bauhinia2002's Profile Photo

What businesses are opened on 29 May 2014?

by Bauhinia2002 Online Now Apr 23, 2014 at 8:55 AM

On that day a public holiday in Zurich, are there many shops open for business in the old town? Not sure what to expect to do or to see.

Thanks for any tips.

2 Answers Apr 23, 2014 at 1:55 PM
    • Break journey in Zurich for 4 days

by rpanchap Online Now Apr 17, 2014 at 10:38 PM

I am planning a break journey in Zurich for 4 days. How can I organize tours possibly to cover some places in Switzerland for about 2 days and possibly around Munich for 1.5 days?

2 Answers Apr 18, 2014 at 1:47 PM
    • Going to Munich

by JohnM329 Online Now Apr 17, 2014 at 10:48 AM

Hello , i am going to munich tomorrow. does anyone knows the cheaper way to go there

11 Answers Apr 18, 2014 at 7:02 AM
    • Visitor Visa of Germany but Arrival to/Departure from Zurich?

by sharmaan Online Now Apr 16, 2014 at 3:55 AM

I live in Germany and invited my mother on Visitor Visa. She go the visa in Germany. As I live near to Switzerland in Germany, so it booking the flights to Zurich is more convenient for us.
      My Question is that can she arrive at Zurich and depart from Zurich though she has Visitor Visa for Germany? Or does she need to Land in Germany first?

3 Answers Apr 16, 2014 at 5:29 AM
    • Lay over visa

by srikanthb Online Now Apr 8, 2014 at 3:49 PM

I have to fly through zurich which is a 5 hour lay over , i would not be going outside th airport do i still need a transit visa for layovers in zurich . Im flying to India And carry a indian passport and expired US visa as my status has changed from student to working .

Thank you

2 Answers Apr 15, 2014 at 4:12 PM
    • 1 hour 45 minutes layover

by pasxi Online Now Mar 27, 2014 at 1:12 PM

Hello,

I'm travelling from NY, US to Athens,GR (I have a EU passport) with a connection flight though Zurich airport. I have 1 and 45 minutes layover. DO you think is enough, considering the fact that I'll have my 3 year old son with me?

3 Answers Mar 27, 2014 at 1:28 PM
    • customs time needed

by hvamaz Online Now Mar 20, 2014 at 3:31 AM

flying into zurich with SWISS airlines and flying out with another airline to Athens. I have a 2 and a 1/2 hour window between landing and take off will this be enough time?

3 Answers Mar 21, 2014 at 11:54 AM
    • italian speaking people

by marinafaoro Online Now Feb 3, 2014 at 7:46 AM

are there people speaking Italian in this airport?

2 Answers Feb 3, 2014 at 8:37 AM
    • DavidB169's Profile Photo

how much time to allow for immigration

by DavidB169 Online Now Jan 13, 2014 at 9:37 AM

Hi all - I have a US passport and I am landing in Zurich, then I need to get a train to Davos. Any idea how much time I need to allow for customs and immigration? It's not just a situation of transit to another plane, rather it entering switzerland and taking the train from the airport station. Thanks for any advice!

19 Answers Jan 15, 2014 at 12:38 PM