Thanks for the great help on my earlier question. We have some more of a plan now, approximately:
7/23 - 7/26 Zurich
7/30 - 8/3 Bern
8/4 - 8/6 Zurich
These are the places where we have friends and family to visit with, as well as a free place to stay. In between, we would like to see Lucerne, Gruyere, and Montreux. A very tight budget is our main concern. Keeping that in mind, a few questions:
- What route makes sense between these places?
- Will a rail card be worth it, or are these close enough to pay leg-by-leg?
- Will a rail card mean we can spontaneously say "hey look, Vesey! Let's go eat chocolate and then get back on a train in two hours"?
- How can we find affordable places to stay in the summer?
- How expensive do they have to be before we should just pay for round trip trains and keep staying with friends and family?
Thanks so much!