Zittau

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Something else about Warnemunde?

Warnemünde Jan 21, 2015 at 8:43 AM

We are in Warnemunde on the 5th of July 2015. Problem is: I do not want to see the light houses or the Teapot or stuff like that. I want to do something out of the box. Get to know the people. Get the feel of Warnemunde. I do not want to go into nightclubs either. Just plain friendly German spirit?

more
    • christmas eve/ day

Garmisch-Partenkirchen Jan 18, 2015 at 10:21 AM

we are planning a trip to munich/ garmisch over christmas this year.
      will there be places open to eat on both christmas eve and christmas day for evening meals?
      are shops etc open on these days too?

thanks
      Emilie

more
    • Another layover question

Frankfurt am Main Jan 8, 2015 at 6:23 PM

Hello, I have read all the layover questions through 2011 and have a quick question. We will be arriving in Frankfurt at 4:15pm on a Saturday in May and wish to take. Train to the city for dinner. Our next flight is the following morning at 10:30. Can anyone recommend a family friendly restaurant in the city? Also, what time do most shops close on Saturdays? Thank you.

more
    • Shop in Nurmberg

Nürnberg Dec 30, 2014 at 5:02 AM

Are there any shops around Frauenkirche that we can buy some nature body lotion or soap that is made in Germany such as Weleda, BABOR, Schaebens and Dr. Hauschka?

more
    • Winter ferrries

Helgoland Jan 25, 2015 at 10:58 AM

How often do the ferries from Hamburg run in mid-November?

more
    • brianburen's Profile Photo

Luggage Store

Pfullingen Jan 11, 2015 at 1:06 PM

Looking for a cheap luggage store near Pfullingen. My bag was badly damaged in Frankfurt Airport.

more
    • Shop in Old Town?

Nürnberg Jan 11, 2015 at 7:25 AM

I was in October and went into a shop on a back street that was located on a corner and had of all things, Yankee Candles. They had lots of great gifts and more upscale art in the basement. I am trying to locate the name/contact info in order to purchase something I should have gotten while there. Any ideas????

more
    • n4nova's Profile Photo

New Year (Sylvester) in Cologne

Cologne Dec 30, 2014 at 8:07 AM

I am planning to visit Cologne for new year. I will be reaching cologne around 8pm on 31st Dec and have a plan to see the fireworks and return by the train at 4am. Can anyone please suggest me what to do after the fireworks in Cologne.. Is there anything else as well?

more
    • emilia1977's Profile Photo

Europa park and Christmas markets in Germany

Germany Jan 19, 2015 at 11:06 PM

Hello Has anyone been to Europa park in Germany during Christmas? We are travelling with out two children aged 9'& 7 and we are also wanting to go to some Christmas markets too. Which are the best ones to see and how long shall we spend in Europa park. It looks really big.

more
    • ffugere's Profile Photo

Advice On Where To Stay

Düsseldorf Jan 10, 2015 at 3:10 PM

Hello, We are traveling to Dusseldorf and spending 3 days there and then not sure. We know that on the 25th we are going to fly to Rome. At first we were going to stay in Oberammergau for the next 6 days after Dusseldorf and then fly out of Munich to Rome. There are 5 of us and my daugter is 5 months pregnant. My wife wants to really visit the old german cities and shop and eat and stuff, my kids want to ski a couple days. not sure how close the ski resorts are to Oberammergau or is there somewhere better that might have both ski resorts and a airport so we wont have to travel so far to go to the airport. Any suggestions? Should I keep my current plans or maybe pick somewhere besides Oberammergau that has both ski resorts and a major airport 10-15 minutes away?

more
    • Chinggis_n_Borte's Profile Photo

Large Luggage storage lockers available at central train station?

Nürnberg Jan 24, 2015 at 9:01 PM

Hello,

We are in the very early stages of planning an itinerary through Germany, and do not have a concrete itinerary yet.

Nürnberg is a possibility for us.

We would like to know if the central/main Nürnberg train station offers large (to fit a suitcase) storage lockers for people to hire for several hours or a day?

In addition to the above, we are looking at train timetables and also buses as travel options between some cities.
      I can see that Eurolines for example, has buses from Dresden to Berlin. We used Eurolines between Tallinn-Riga and Riga-Vilnius in 2013 and found them reliable. Are there also other bus companies that we should consider?

Or do you prefer the trains?

Thank you, and we look forward to your replies.

Borte

more
    • Long Term Parking at Wiesbaden Hauptbahnhof

Wiesbaden Jan 12, 2015 at 3:57 AM

I'm planning a week long trip and was wondering where the long term parking is for the Wiesbaden Hbf. The deutsche bahn folks told me it was in the back of the parking lot, but I didn't see a ticket machine that offered a week long ticket.

more
    • buboy_c.'s Profile Photo

whats the best to do and see in hamburg germany bet march 16, 2015 to march 24, 2015?

Hamburg Jan 7, 2015 at 3:32 PM

whats the best to do and see in hamburg germany between march 16, 2015 to march 24, 2015? any suggestions?

more
    • Transport - fines

Berlin Dec 30, 2014 at 4:30 AM

My son and partner are in Berlin and were just hit with a 40euro fine each as they had not validated their tickets..(they had purchased 3 day passes and thought they were good to go).
      I read an old post that they can go to the local office and if they produce a valid ticket the fine can be reduced to 7 euro... does anyone know if that is correct

more
    • Train to Oberwesel

Oberwesel Jan 5, 2015 at 11:27 AM

How do I get from Zurich to Oberwesel via train? As a tourist travelling with a family do I need to book in advance or should I juts buy my train tickets at the Zurich station, last minute?

Also, we plan to take a train to Amsterdam from Oberwesel. Are there any direct trains or would I need to change a number of times?

Thanks much...

more
    • MizukiM's Profile Photo

from the city centre to Munich airport in the early morning

Munich Jan 10, 2015 at 6:48 AM

Hi :)
      im going to Munich in a few days. My return flight is in the early morning, at around 6am, so now Im concerned about how I could get to the airport in such an early morning. Is there any public transportation open at 4am? Or would taxi be the only option to reach the airport in the early morning?
      Thanks in advance :)))

more
    • ffugere's Profile Photo

Best means of travel?

Germany Jan 7, 2015 at 6:45 PM

Hello, we are flying into Dusseldorf Germany staying 3 days and then going to Oberammergau Germany for 5 days and then going to Rome Italy for 8 days. We are open to how we are going to travel and wondering what we should do as far as travel. We were thinking the EuroRail for 10 days. We did not know how expensive the taxi service is to go from hotel to town. Any suggustions on if it was you what would you do for travel. There are 5 of us and the rail tickets for ten days almost $4000 dollars.

more
    • Maurizioago's Profile Photo

Journey from northern Italy to Aachen by train/bus.

Aachen Jan 7, 2015 at 1:47 AM

How would it be possible to travel from (let's say Milan, Venice or other places in northern Italy) to Aachen by train (and bus)? Would it be a very long journey? is it better to book a flight to Germany? To where?

Thanks since now for all your replies.

more
    • MizukiM's Profile Photo

online booking of flights with germanwings

Germany Jan 10, 2015 at 2:55 PM

Hello :)
      Has any of you guys tried to book any flight with germanwings?
      Since I was planning to go to Munich, I first tried germanwings. I could find nice and reasonable flights and immediately proceeded to book them. I could go to the final stage of the booking procedure, which is the payment page, but my request was not accepted by the system. The notification popped up, saying "your booking was not completed because of unavailability of the chosen flight or because your card information is void". I was like "WHAT!?" I tried again since I could not believe it, but I failed again. I tried to book other flights, but failed. I used another credit card, but never accepted. I even tried to book a flight for a city that was not my destination at all in a quite far future, but my request was just rejected. All of my trials ended in vain. I messaged germanwings to ask about it, but no reply has be sent so far. Does anyone have the same experience? Or can any of you give me some advice what could be a true problem in my case? Since there are a lot of nice flight offers of germanwings, I dont wanna miss them if possible. So please let me share your experience with online booking with germanwings.
      Thanks in advance :)))

more