Zion National Park Travel Answers

change location

Zions in March

by gundygyrl Online Now Feb 23, 2011 at 6:07 PM

My family and I are trying to plan a early vacation and would like to know what we can do in Zions during the month of March. I am from northern Utah, but I have never been to Zions and I don't really know how the weather is in March for southern Utah. Any comments or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • Segolily's Profile Photo

Re: Zions in March

by Segolily Online Now Feb 23, 2011 at 8:31 PM

You should be able to do almost all the trails in March. Some of the higher level ones may still have snow, but if you've never been then you should need to do those anyway.

I've often been to Zion during spring break and have hiked all the main canyon trails: Emerald Pools, Angels Landing, Hidden Canyon, Riverside Walk. As well as Canyon Overlook, Watchman, Pa'rus.

The Narrows water would be cold, but you could probably do it, just get dry suits from Zion Adventure Co first.

Nights will probably be cold and early morning as well you'll want gloves and coats. Depending on the weather you may have warm days or rain...you never know, plan for anything though snow would be unlikely.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • KimberlyAnn's Profile Photo

Re: Zions in March

by KimberlyAnn Online Now Feb 26, 2011 at 9:43 AM

I have visited Zion in both Feb. and March, and found that one could do a lot of hiking in both months. When we visited in mid-March, almost all trails were open, and the weather was pleasant and mild. It was, however, above average temperatures while we were visiting. Generally the Average temperatures in in March range from 54 daytime highs, to 28 night time lows. We were lucky, as our daytime hights were in the 60s when we visited in March. Plan to do a lot of hiking, but bring clothing to cover both mild or cold temperatures. Layers would be good.

The nearby down of Springdale, which is just outside the park, has a nice 3-D IMAX which can be fun. To see what is playing at the IMAX, visit their web page at I love the beauty of Zion, and the wonderful scenic areas to hike and explore, plus have enjoyed watching a number of films in Springdale's IMAX theater. To find out what is playing at the IMAX, visit their web page at: http://www.zioncanyontheatre.com

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines