Zion National Park Travel Answers

change location

Permits

by Magsie-B Online Now May 22, 2006 at 3:01 AM

Just wondered if anyone had any experience of trying to obtain a walk-in permit for Zion Nataional Park? We are planning a trip in September and not sure whether to bother applying for permits from the UK before we go or taking our chances when we get there? Also visiting Bryce, Canyonlands, Arches too so again, any experience people have had regarding permits would be useful to hear about.

Many thanks.

Magsie

Quote & Answer
4 Answers
  • zuriga's Profile Photo

RE: Permits

by zuriga Online Now May 22, 2006 at 3:30 AM

This website has a lot of information. I think there's one for each park.
    http://www.zioncanyon.com/info.html

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Jamesr3939's Profile Photo

RE: RE: Permits

by Jamesr3939 Online Now May 22, 2006 at 11:48 AM

Not sure what you mean by walk-in permits. Check www.nps.gov for all the information on all the national parks. Each park charges an admission fee, but you can get a yearly pass for50 for all national parks. If you are going to visit that many the pass would be cheaper for you. You can purchase it at your first park stop and it will be good for one year from that date. You can also purchase it before hand and have it stamped at your first park. There isn't any break on the price either way.

• RE: RE: Permits

by Magsie-B Online Now May 22, 2006 at 12:37 PM

Sorry.....not very clear in my message! I mean permits for backcountry hiking/camping.

Thanks for your replies though.

Magsie

• neeheh's Profile Photo

Re: Permits

by neeheh Online Now Jun 18, 2007 at 12:51 PM

Yeah, I am interested in the same thing. Is it really necessary to apply for a backcountry permit in advance? I was hoping to hike the Narrows and get a permit the day before at the visitor center, but I'm not sure if this is possible. I am visiting Zion NP in August.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines