Travel Answers

change location
  • Victoria Falls to Binga contact details

Zimbabwe Oct 22, 2015 at 7:42 AM

Does anyone have contact details for a company who does ransfer from Victoria Falls to Binga?

1 Answer Oct 23, 2015 at 7:45 AM
  • mana pools

Zimbabwe Oct 5, 2015 at 1:24 AM

How is the road between kariba and binga.Can one do it in a day over december

1 Answer Oct 5, 2015 at 2:04 AM
  • Victoria falls shopping

Victoria Falls Sep 7, 2015 at 11:03 PM

What time on a Sunday does the Spar or 7 eleven close?

• nsaexport's Profile Photo

Guest Houses

Victoria Falls Jul 30, 2015 at 9:11 PM

All the hotels around the Zimbabwe side are conveniently priced.
    Is there a way to beat the trend? Maybe stay in a guest house in the city itself.

1 Answer Jul 31, 2015 at 4:34 AM
  • Joburg-Bots-Livingstone, Zambia-Harare, Zimbabwe Road Trip

Victoria Falls Apr 15, 2015 at 3:04 AM

Hi, I am traveling with a small group from Joburg to Victoria Falls via Botswana, planning to cross ferry over to Livingstone, Zambia. From there, I'll begin a 2nd road trip with friends from Victoria Falls to Harare. Two questions:
    1. Need advice on an affordable, trusted 4X4 car or van company to handle all the details of border crossing, vehicle certifications, etc. About how much will this one-way travel cost, including vehicle, driver and fuel?
    2. Planning to do the Joburg-Livingstone trip over 2 days--staying night in Francistown--any thoughts on reasonable hotels or tented campsites?

1 Answer Apr 15, 2015 at 4:20 AM
  • Personal safety

Victoria Falls Mar 19, 2015 at 11:29 AM

is it safe to wear jewelry of any kind while in town of Victoria Falls - are the beggars aggresive?

11 Answers Mar 20, 2015 at 4:48 AM
  • jillikins's Profile Photo

guide and accommodation in Harare

Zimbabwe Feb 3, 2015 at 4:50 AM

My daughter and I are doing a 2 week small group tour of Zim. in July this year. We want to go to Harare a couple of days early, and look up places my late husband lived in and worked at during the 1950's....changed a lot, of course.I am wanting to know if there is a B&B not too far from the city, which might also offer a tour around for a couple of hours. If not, does anyone know of an accredited guide who might takes us around
    Many thanks,

1 Answer Jun 21, 2015 at 5:37 AM
  • kbl's Profile Photo

Local fixer - guide in Zimbabwe

Zimbabwe Jan 24, 2015 at 8:15 AM

Hello all, I'm working on a couple of articles about Zimbabwe. I'm looking for a local guide/fixer that can help me to get in touch with people who work in the tourism industry there, and (same or other person) that will join me towards the Mozambique border, as I'm writing a part about the land mines clean up there. All hints towards people who can help out is more than welcome. French or English speaking is a must. Koen

2 Answers Jan 24, 2015 at 3:38 PM
  • Tour to Victoria Falls

Victoria Falls Nov 12, 2014 at 2:56 AM

Hi, I am looking to form a tour group to join me on a tour to the Vic Falls in Zimbabwe. Anyone keen?

2 Answers Nov 12, 2014 at 10:41 AM
  • cheapest transport from the vic falls airport to the town

Victoria Falls Sep 2, 2014 at 5:30 AM

Transport from vic falls airport to town

1 Answer Sep 2, 2014 at 2:59 PM
  • Third party insurance

Zimbabwe Aug 14, 2014 at 11:35 AM

What insurance cover do the public transport operators have in case of accidents and fatalities.

1 Answer Aug 14, 2014 at 12:15 PM
  • Indy80's Profile Photo

Canoe safari on Zambezi river in December

Victoria Falls Aug 8, 2014 at 4:58 PM

My family (includes 3 boys 11 - 13 yrs) will be at Victoria Falls and are looking to do a 3 day 2 night canoe safari end of December. Does anyone have any experience doing this. I am told that with young children that I can only do the upper Zambezi. It is also rainy season so scheduled safaris have finished. It is possible to do a private canoe safari though. Any advice on doing a canoe safari at this time of year? Finally can anyone recommend a company. I can see the big ones like shearwater however I am looking for a participation camping canoe safari with a reliable operator at a cheaper price.
    PS if you know of a great budget accommodation in Livingstone let me know.
    Many thanks

1 Answer Aug 9, 2014 at 10:27 AM
  • Victoria Falls to Kariba

Zimbabwe Jul 8, 2014 at 7:22 AM

I am planning on traveling around Zimbabwe from mid October to mid November, since October is the last recommended month to watch the wild life I have decided to spend this two weeks in the Hwange park and Mana Pools ( staying in Victoria Falls and Kariba). There is a ferry that goes from Lbizi to Kariba but it wont be operating around this time. Does anyone know how else can I get to Kariba without having to go to Harare?

1 Answer Jul 8, 2014 at 9:57 AM
  • drive Bulawayo Great Zimbabwe

Zimbabwe Jun 10, 2014 at 10:49 AM

we are going to drive from the matopos to great zimbabwe, is it easily feasible in one day? which road is best, through Gweru or Zvishavane, please?

3 Answers Jun 11, 2014 at 1:09 AM
  • enter victoria falls exit livingstones

Victoria Falls May 29, 2014 at 12:49 PM

Can I fly to Victoria falls Town and a week later fly out from Livingstones?

1 Answer Jun 6, 2014 at 12:19 PM
  • Taxi between Ilala Lodge and Victoria Falls Safari Lodge

Victoria Falls May 5, 2014 at 5:00 PM

Does anyone know the approximate cost of a taxi from Ilala Lodge or town center to Victoria Falls Safari Lodge (4 persons). Similarly from the Boma restaurant to Ilala Lodge. Are they easy to get for the return trip to Ilala?

Thanks for any insight in advance.

1 Answer Feb 17, 2015 at 9:08 AM
  • Victoria Falls to Johannesburg

Victoria Falls Apr 28, 2014 at 12:58 PM

What is the best (and cheap) way to get from Victoria Falls to Johannesburg on a Thursday in August?

2 Answers Apr 29, 2014 at 4:42 AM
  • Day trips to Victoria Falls from Livingstone

Victoria Falls Apr 6, 2014 at 3:30 AM

We are a South African family of 3 travelling to Livingstone but would like to visit both the Zambian and Zimbabwean sides of Victoria Falls. How do we get to Zimbabwean side and back and what are the costs involved, as I assume the cost to bring our vehicle across will be expensive?

2 Answers Apr 9, 2014 at 8:54 AM
  • Booking in kariba

Kariba Mar 8, 2014 at 6:55 PM

Need to go for a 2 night visit to kariba but have a tight very tight budget please advise on accomodation which is affordable than you in advance

1 Answer Jun 6, 2014 at 12:17 PM
  • MandlenkosiDube's Profile Photo

Night clubs

Bulawayo Mar 3, 2014 at 11:08 PM

where is Lagondola night club?

2 Answers Mar 4, 2014 at 12:14 AM
  • babspmalone's Profile Photo

How to travel internally from Harare to Vic Falls?

Victoria Falls Feb 28, 2014 at 3:19 PM

Hi, I am planning a trip to Harare in early September 2014. I'd like to make an extension to Victoria Falls. Is it possible to go via bus or train? Is internal flight the only option? I am a single woman in my 50s traveling alone and have been solo in Africa several times. I'm hearing conflicting things about the economic health of bus and train transport. I would also love to see Great Zimbabwe and the city of Bulawayo, but again internal transport is a question. I am not eager to rent a car in part because where I'm from we drive on the right. Thanks for any help you can give.

4 Answers Jun 6, 2014 at 12:25 PM
  • driving in zim

Zimbabwe Feb 8, 2014 at 9:33 AM

How real and intense is police corruption in Zim? We would like to go from Kruger to Zambia and Malawi and ideally go through Zim. But it needs to be a positive experience :-) Any views?

1 Answer Jun 6, 2014 at 12:30 PM
  • Visa information

Zimbabwe Jan 11, 2014 at 11:09 AM

any problem getting a visa at the border?

6 Answers Jan 11, 2014 at 3:45 PM
  • Is it safe?

Victoria Falls Sep 18, 2013 at 2:07 AM

Dear All, could somebody tell me is it safe to go to VF in Dec 13 to both sides? And how many tourist could be there?

4 Answers Oct 21, 2013 at 12:50 AM
  • cost to go to zimbabwe from the u.s.

Zimbabwe Sep 9, 2013 at 8:55 AM

cost to go to zimbabwe from the u.s.

5 Answers Jan 4, 2014 at 7:55 PM
  • Yellow Fever Shots???

Victoria Falls Aug 7, 2013 at 6:55 AM

After visiting Victoria Falls we are returning to Kruger Park in South Africa. Do we need the Yellow Fever certificate for this? Conflicting requirements from my travel agent and Travel Health Clinic.

2 Answers Aug 7, 2013 at 11:21 AM
  • CatherineReichardt's Profile Photo

Advise that you avoid Zimbabwe for the next few days

Zimbabwe Aug 2, 2013 at 11:41 PM

More of a travel advisory than a question, but unfortunately there is nowhere else to post this where it's visible.
    Reports in the media this morning indicate that Robert Mugabe's ZANU-PF party have 'won' the election in Zimbabwe.
    Given the violence that has followed the last two elections (whose result was the subject of intense debate and cynicism), sadly it seems likely that there is a risk of similar violence.
    I would therefore strongly advise that you avoid any non essential travel there for the foreseeable future: although the previous violence did not involve many foreigners, there is always the risk of finding yourself in the wrong place at the wrong time.
    If you're planning to visit Vic Falls, then the Zambian side (Livingstone) will not be affected.

15 Answers Sep 13, 2013 at 7:42 AM
  • How do I get from Livingstone to Victoria Falls?

Victoria Falls Jul 29, 2013 at 6:37 AM

I see that there are buses from Lusaka to Livingstone.
    If I stay in a hotel in Livingstone, how will I get to Vic falls? Is there a bus? Do I need a taxi?
    Or am I best off staying in a hotel just by Victoria Falls?

2 Answers Jul 29, 2013 at 11:03 AM
  • Vehicle requirements

Victoria Falls Jul 17, 2013 at 8:41 AM

What do I need to have in my vehicle (car not 4 x 4) example do I need red and white stickers , do i need a ZA sticker , fire extinguisher, reflective vests

1 Answer Jul 17, 2013 at 8:59 AM
  • lotricia's Profile Photo

where should at least 100 students stay for a weekend long conference that's not ZIPAM in darwendale

Zimbabwe Jul 17, 2013 at 6:26 AM

we wish to host at least 100 students for a students conference in Zimbabwe somewhere not far from the capital Harare and want to know if anyone would know of such a place. Last year they had their conference at a ZIPAM facility in Darwendale and so a place with similar cost and catering would be just fine.

1 Answer Sep 11, 2013 at 12:17 AM