change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Day trips to Victoria Falls from Livingstone

Victoria Falls Apr 6, 2014 at 3:30 AM

Hi,

We are a South African family of 3 travelling to Livingstone but would like to visit both the Zambian and Zimbabwean sides of Victoria Falls. How do we get to Zimbabwean side and back and what are the costs involved, as I assume the cost to bring our vehicle across will be expensive?

more
    • Day trips to Victoria Falls from Livingstone

Victoria Falls Apr 6, 2014 at 3:30 AM

Hi,

We are a South African family of 3 travelling to Livingstone but would like to visit both the Zambian and Zimbabwean sides of Victoria Falls. How do we get to Zimbabwean side and back and what are the costs involved, as I assume the cost to bring our vehicle across will be expensive?

2 Answers Apr 9, 2014 at 8:54 AM
    • Booking in kariba

Kariba Mar 8, 2014 at 6:55 PM

Need to go for a 2 night visit to kariba but have a tight very tight budget please advise on accomodation which is affordable than you in advance

• MandlenkosiDube's Profile Photo

Night clubs

Bulawayo Mar 3, 2014 at 11:08 PM

where is Lagondola night club?

2 Answers Mar 4, 2014 at 12:14 AM
    • babspmalone's Profile Photo

How to travel internally from Harare to Vic Falls?

Victoria Falls Feb 28, 2014 at 3:19 PM

Hi, I am planning a trip to Harare in early September 2014. I'd like to make an extension to Victoria Falls. Is it possible to go via bus or train? Is internal flight the only option? I am a single woman in my 50s traveling alone and have been solo in Africa several times. I'm hearing conflicting things about the economic health of bus and train transport. I would also love to see Great Zimbabwe and the city of Bulawayo, but again internal transport is a question. I am not eager to rent a car in part because where I'm from we drive on the right. Thanks for any help you can give.

3 Answers Apr 16, 2014 at 6:30 PM
    • driving in zim

Zimbabwe Feb 8, 2014 at 9:33 AM

How real and intense is police corruption in Zim? We would like to go from Kruger to Zambia and Malawi and ideally go through Zim. But it needs to be a positive experience :-) Any views?

• Visa information

Zimbabwe Jan 11, 2014 at 11:09 AM

any problem getting a visa at the border?

6 Answers Jan 11, 2014 at 3:45 PM
    • Is it safe?

Victoria Falls Sep 18, 2013 at 2:07 AM

Dear All, could somebody tell me is it safe to go to VF in Dec 13 to both sides? And how many tourist could be there?

4 Answers Oct 21, 2013 at 12:50 AM
    • cost to go to zimbabwe from the u.s.

Zimbabwe Sep 9, 2013 at 8:55 AM

cost to go to zimbabwe from the u.s.

5 Answers Jan 4, 2014 at 7:55 PM
    • Yellow Fever Shots???

Victoria Falls Aug 7, 2013 at 6:55 AM

After visiting Victoria Falls we are returning to Kruger Park in South Africa. Do we need the Yellow Fever certificate for this? Conflicting requirements from my travel agent and Travel Health Clinic.

2 Answers Aug 7, 2013 at 11:21 AM
    • CatherineReichardt's Profile Photo

Advise that you avoid Zimbabwe for the next few days

Zimbabwe Aug 2, 2013 at 11:41 PM

More of a travel advisory than a question, but unfortunately there is nowhere else to post this where it's visible.
      Reports in the media this morning indicate that Robert Mugabe's ZANU-PF party have 'won' the election in Zimbabwe.
      Given the violence that has followed the last two elections (whose result was the subject of intense debate and cynicism), sadly it seems likely that there is a risk of similar violence.
      I would therefore strongly advise that you avoid any non essential travel there for the foreseeable future: although the previous violence did not involve many foreigners, there is always the risk of finding yourself in the wrong place at the wrong time.
      If you're planning to visit Vic Falls, then the Zambian side (Livingstone) will not be affected.
      Regards
      Cathy

15 Answers Sep 13, 2013 at 7:42 AM
    • How do I get from Livingstone to Victoria Falls?

Victoria Falls Jul 29, 2013 at 6:37 AM

I see that there are buses from Lusaka to Livingstone.
      If I stay in a hotel in Livingstone, how will I get to Vic falls? Is there a bus? Do I need a taxi?
      Or am I best off staying in a hotel just by Victoria Falls?

2 Answers Jul 29, 2013 at 11:03 AM
    • Vehicle requirements

Victoria Falls Jul 17, 2013 at 8:41 AM

What do I need to have in my vehicle (car not 4 x 4) example do I need red and white stickers , do i need a ZA sticker , fire extinguisher, reflective vests

1 Answer Jul 17, 2013 at 8:59 AM
    • lotricia's Profile Photo

where should at least 100 students stay for a weekend long conference that's not ZIPAM in darwendale

Zimbabwe Jul 17, 2013 at 6:26 AM

we wish to host at least 100 students for a students conference in Zimbabwe somewhere not far from the capital Harare and want to know if anyone would know of such a place. Last year they had their conference at a ZIPAM facility in Darwendale and so a place with similar cost and catering would be just fine.

1 Answer Sep 11, 2013 at 12:17 AM
    • Contact detail

Victoria Falls Jun 9, 2013 at 1:52 AM

I will be travelling in a few days time to victoria falls. i would like to get in touch with Royal lodge,517 jacaranda cresent, anyone with their phone number?

2 Answers Jun 9, 2013 at 10:58 AM
    • MONEY TO SPEND

Victoria Falls Jun 4, 2013 at 3:37 AM

HOW MUCH MONEY DO YOU NEED TO SPEND AT MOST FOR 3 DAYS AT VICTORIA FALLS

4 Answers Jun 5, 2013 at 8:08 AM
    • Transportation

Victoria Falls May 28, 2013 at 1:39 PM

We are trying to get to Victoria Falls from Tanzania. Can anyone advice on affordable transportation to VF.

1 Answer May 29, 2013 at 10:53 AM
    • Driving from Beit Bridge to Vic Falls

Zimbabwe May 25, 2013 at 1:05 PM

If anyone has recently driven from Beit Bridge to Vic Falls via Bulawayo I would be keen to know whether they encountered any problems.

• ChloeBreanne's Profile Photo

Where is the best place to buy a simcard?

Victoria Falls May 22, 2013 at 6:05 AM

I am traveling to Victoria Falls and going through to Kenya so I was wondering what sim card would be best and were would I be able to purchase one? I was hoping to get one in the airport.

1 Answer May 22, 2013 at 6:34 AM
    • Coming into Zimbabwe and leaving from Zambia

Victoria Falls May 13, 2013 at 9:11 AM

What EXACTLY needs to be done to go from one country to the other in order to get back into S. Africa?
      - Where/how hard is it to get visas? Do you need visas for both countries? Can we get these ahead of time or do you get them in the airport?
      - Yellow Fever Shot: Can you get before even coming to Africa (I know it needs to be within 10 days). We will be coming from Munich straight to Victoria Falls and only staying there for 1 day. If we get the shots in Munich and have the certificates, will this be ok?
      - How long does it take to get from one side to the other and what is the best method of transportation and costs?

3 Answers May 30, 2013 at 5:22 AM
    • travel

Zimbabwe May 2, 2013 at 3:53 PM

what is the best way to travel in Zimbabwe

1 Answer May 3, 2013 at 1:44 AM
    • Arriving to zimbabwe

Zimbabwe Apr 26, 2013 at 1:41 PM

Hey,

I would like to know wht is the safest way to get from Johannesburg to Bulawayo.
      I know there are flights but they are too expensive. Also, I've heard that taking a bus from park station is not safe for tourists.

What do you recommend?

2 Answers Apr 26, 2013 at 3:29 PM
    • getting to Zim by air

Zimbabwe Apr 22, 2013 at 3:48 AM

which airlines are currently offering flights to Zim - worldwide? Thanks

4 Answers Aug 2, 2013 at 11:55 PM
    • JaredRSydney's Profile Photo

Itinerary

Zimbabwe Apr 1, 2013 at 1:46 AM

Hello all,

Me again and here to share my next itinerary with you! Happy to hear your feedback - It's very valued, and every time I have shared I have adjusted factoring in your suggestions - you're the experts!

5 April – Fly Sydney – Johannesburg
      6 April – Drive from Johannesburg to Gaberone, Botswana (368km)
      7 April – Day in Gaberone
      8 April – Palapye (Visit Serowe, Khama Rhino Sanctuary, Old Palapye)
      9 April - Francistown
      10 April – Muan
      11 Apri – Muan
      12 April – Okavango Delta
      13 April – Okavango Delta
      14 April – Okavango Delta
      15 April – Chobe National Park
      16 April – Chobe National Park – staying in Kasane
      17 April – Victoria Falls
      18 April – Victoria Falls (golfing at Elephant Hills)
      19 April – Hwange National Park
      20 April – Hwange National Park
      21 April – Bulawayo
      22 April – Bulawayo (Matobo National Park)
      23 April – Gweru (Antelope Park)
      24 April – Masvingu (Great Zimbabwe National Park)
      25 April - Polokwane
      26 April – Fly Johannesburg – Sydney

1 Answer Apr 1, 2013 at 1:46 AM
    • Harare, two night trip out of town to wildlife

Zimbabwe Mar 8, 2013 at 12:27 PM

I am going to be in Harare and have a weekend and Monday to play. I would like to see the countryside and get to where I can really see wildlife. Are there good tour agents in Harare to help? And how and where do you suggest?

1 Answer Mar 9, 2013 at 11:16 PM
    • Q's before my 1st Vic falls experience..

Victoria Falls Dec 13, 2012 at 3:32 AM

So..I'm travelling to Vic falls with my boyfriend in january and I've realized I haven't figured all the details out yet. And I'm hoping you could help me out..

We're flying in and out through Livingstone airport with SAA, but we've booked accommodation on the Zim side of the falls, and we're unfortunately only staying 2nights.. So my biggest question is if that's "doable"? Will we waste too much time going through customs and acquiring our visas etc.. And what would be the best way to travel this leg between Livingstone and Victoria falls town (several taxis? Pick-up service?)? And what would the damage be- time and moneywise?

I've also got my mind set on doing a sunset train or tram ride halfway across the bridge.. The trams run daily, I've figured out as much..But is it possible to prebook tickets? or is it strictly get in line and hope for the best/"first come, first served"? And is there a lot of people turned down due to limited capacity on the tram?..

Any other tips as to how we best spend our one afternoon and one full day in the beautiful region is much appreciated.. =)

5 Answers Dec 14, 2012 at 6:59 AM
    • Suggestions for 1 Week in southern Africa

Zimbabwe Nov 6, 2012 at 9:17 AM

I leave in 11 days for Johannesburg and will be spending the 2nd week of my 2 week stay on a private game reserve. My question is where should I spend my first week? I've been to South Africa before visiting Capetown, wine country, Durban, rafting in Swaziland, and Kruger. Have had little time to plan and am rather overwhelmed. Am a single female traveling on my own this time and am on a budget. Zimbabwe? Mozambique? I'm game for an adventure but really need some guidance. Open to busing it or flying.

1 Answer Nov 6, 2012 at 12:05 PM
    • Suggestions for 1 Week in southern Africa

Zimbabwe Nov 5, 2012 at 8:13 PM

I leave in 11 days for Johannesburg and will be spending the 2nd week of my 2 week stay on a private game reserve. My question is where should I spend my first week? I've been to South Africa before visiting Capetown, wine country, Durban, rafting in Swaziland, and Kruger. Have had little time to plan and am rather overwhelmed. Am a single female traveling on my own this time and am on a budget. Zimbabwe? Mozambique? I'm game for an adventure but really need some guidance. Open to busing it or flying.

1 Answer Nov 6, 2012 at 1:59 AM
    • petertktan's Profile Photo

What to do in Bulawayo

Bulawayo Oct 2, 2012 at 8:32 AM

I am flying in to Bulawayo from Johannesburg in the next 1 week. Can someone enlighten as to what is there to do in Bulawayo? Do the shops close early? It is easy to drive around in a rented car? I plan to stay in Bulawayo Club Hotel right in downtown to experience its colonial past. Thanks for any tips.

6 Answers Oct 5, 2012 at 8:03 AM
    • Best hotels to stay

Victoria Falls Sep 20, 2012 at 11:30 AM

What Are the best hotels inVictoria Falls? Going to be there for three nights like luxury and good food.

2 Answers Sep 20, 2012 at 1:38 PM
    • PatF34's Profile Photo

Zimbabwe to Livingstone

Victoria Falls Aug 9, 2012 at 4:23 PM

Hi,
      We are going to be staying at Victoria Falls on the Zimbabwe side but would like to cross over to the Zambian side to visit Livingstone and the Mukuni Big Five Safari Park.

How to we cross over to the Zambian side and, once there, how do we get to Livingstone and the Safari Park?

3 Answers Jan 21, 2013 at 8:30 PM