Zihuatanejo Travel Answers

change location

Zihuatanejo

by pickerelpearl Online Now Nov 14, 2007 at 5:27 PM

Someone brought my attention to Zihuatanejo while discussing places we had rented
for 3-4 months in Mexico.. I am looking for a relatively inexpensive apartment or small house with 2 bedrooms, fully furnished for 2009 (Jan. Feb.Mar.April) I do not want to pay more than500.00 per month. I am retired with only a small pension...I love to visit the markets and cook my own meals..also enjoy practicing my spanish with the locals...No need for a lot of entertainment.
Am I dreaming ? If so, perhaps there might be an alternate location that would suit my budget. Anyone with info would be much appreciated...

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • Re: Zihuatanejo

by sun-dance Online Now Nov 14, 2007 at 5:55 PM

Hello! There is a very good web site, Vacation reantals by owner. Also know as VRBO. Check it out. You should find something there. I have traveled around Mexico including Zihuatanejo and always use this site for rentals.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer

by pickerelpearl Online Now Nov 15, 2007 at 7:45 AM

Thank you Sun-dance for your reply...I am aware of VRBO and many other vacation rental agencies some of which I have used in the past when I shared accommodation with friends which made it affordable when splitting the rent. In 2009 I will not be sharing, and I am not finding anything within my budget through these web sites. I have heard there are many places with low rents but usually they are owned by Mexicans, and are hard to find. If anyone else has some input I am all ears.Thanks again for responding.

by s2b Online Now Mar 1, 2008 at 10:11 PM

Have you found a place to rent in Zihuatanejo yet? If not, there are a few places you might consider looking through, one is ZihuaRob's website/forum and the other, Judith Whitehead properties...though I think she is more sales oriented, there might be rental referrals for you as well. http://www.zihuatanejo.net/wwwboard/ You will find all levels of accomodations available and referrals from the Zihuatanejo 'regulars' that visit this site.

You may find that both January and April (depending on Semana Santa) will already be reserved for many places in Zihuatanejo...suerte!

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines