Zihuatanejo Travel Answers

change location

Zijuatenejo advice

by twinkleberry Online Now Jan 30, 2005 at 11:13 AM

A friend and I are traveling to Zihuatenejo mid April and are looking a unique hotel that is reasonably priced. We're looking for something that has some personality, is on or near a good beach and is located close to downtown Zihuatenejo. I know that's quite vague, but we're looking to be in a spot that doesn't feel so 'touristy' and experience the culture as much as possible. I welcome any other tips on nightlife, restaurants, & must do activities. Thanks!

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • Brehone's Profile Photo

Re: Zijuatenejo advice

by Brehone Online Now Jan 30, 2005 at 11:27 AM

My husband and I traveled to Zihuatenejo for our honeymoon a few years ago and I didn't think that the town was touristy at all. If you are staying in nearby Ixtapa, then I think you will very much be surrounded by tourists. But Zihuat, in my opinion, did not have the touristy feel that a lot of coastal Mexican towns tend to have. Our hotel, Villa del Sol, had an amazing beach that I believe was called La Ropa. However, this is not a cheap hotel. If you want to stay away from touristy areas, I recommend staying away from Ixtapa.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • RE: Zijuatenejo advice

by deborahj Online Now Nov 18, 2005 at 4:03 PM

My husband and I really enjoyed Hotel Irma. it was relatively inexpensive, clean, and has a nice view. We were able to walk to downtown within 10 minutes. There is a beautiful pool and a nice small beach you can walk to. The small restarant there was reasonable, and the staff was very friendly. We really detest touristy things, so we always try to stay in places that we can expereince the real culture. As such, Ixtapa is a made up place with tourist hotels. However, you can take a boat from the municipal beach area to Isla Ixtapa. Go on the other side to the coral beach area. The snorkeling is great, and the beach is coral rather than sand. The food is very good, and the view is gorgeous. As far as night life..... well, we are not the right ones to ask! We go to sleep at 9:00!

• RE: Zijuatenejo advice

by blmkay Online Now Jan 5, 2007 at 1:15 PM

My wife and I are staying at a hotel by the name of Hotel Solimar Inn Suites from Feb.10 to Feb.24/07, it is about 4 blocks from the main beach, and is in town. It has 12 rooms with Kitchenettes and a small pool. I have read good reviews of it on tripadvisor.com it's about75.00 per night, you get discounts when you stay longer then one week.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines