Zihuatanejo Travel Answers

change location
susiemargare's Profile Photo

hotels/resorts in ixtapa/zihuatenejo area

by susiemargare Online Now Dec 26, 2004 at 2:38 PM

hi, everyone -- thanks for the answers to my previous Qs. i appreciate it. my friends and i have settled on going to the ixtapa/zihuatenejo area. now we are debating various resorts that i can get thru my time-share weeks (the less said about THAT, the better!). can anyone compare any of all of the following resorts, especially as to niceness of accommodations, niceness of beach? all are in ixtapa, except the villa vera puerto mio. -- villa vera puerto mio (in zihuatenejo) -- RHC/park royal villas -- sun club/intercontinental plaza ixtapa (maybe now or formerly under name of costa real ixtapa?) -- pacifica master sands -- pacifica golf -- pacifica sands -- ocean imperial club (also known as radisson resort) -- riviera beach resort and spa thanks very much -- susie margaret

Quote & Answer
1 Answer
  • Re: hotels/resorts in ixtapa/zihuatenejo area

by chb22 Online Now Jan 25, 2005 at 2:18 PM

Hi, Saw your previous post and I have to say you pick my two favorite spots in Mexico - Zihua & Isla. I'm sorry but we have always stayed on La Ropa in Zihua so not familar with the resorts you have listed, but you can go to www.rci.com and get resort information. Having been to Ixtapa they all pretty much look a like and are on the same beach, except the Westin. I have looked into staying at Puerto Mio and it is a beautiful resort, but no real beach there. You can always sleep anywhere, but I highly recommend spending your days at Playa la Ropa ~ it is as close to Isla Mujeres as you will get there. Just pick a restaurant and you can use their beach chairs if you have lunch. chb

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines