Zhujiajiao Travel Answers

change location
SandiM's Profile Photo

Zhujiajiao

by SandiM Online Now Jun 22, 2009 at 9:12 AM

We have selected Zhujiajiao as our daytrip from Shanghai (even though there are many others to explore, this is the one we decided on). After some searching, I found that there is a HuZhu Express Bus that will take us from somewhere near the People's Square to Zhujiajiao and it will only take about 1hr and 12RMB. Does anyone have specifics on where the pickup location is? From what I gather, it's on PuAn Rd, which I think is just south of the square. Is this correct? Is the bus area well marked so we're waiting in the right spot? We do want the Express line and not the slower, normal HuZhu line, and we want to leave around 6am. Also, where can I find a decent tourist map of Zhujiajiao online? We need to know where the bus drops you off in relation to the entrance to the water canal area, and how big a scope of walking we can anticipate. Thanks!

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • ellyse's Profile Photo

Re: Zhujiajiao

by ellyse Online Now Jun 30, 2009 at 12:47 AM

Yes, the bus is called hu4 zhu1 kuai4 su4 zhuan1 xian4. If you email me, I'll send you the Chinese characters for the bus as well as for "Pu'an Lu" which's where the stop is -- email to ellyse99@yahoo.com and put "VirtualTourist" and your own username (eg SandiM) in the subject line, thanks.
    You should be able to see the Yan'an Lu elevated road as well as Shanghai Museum (on the other side of the elevated road) from the bus stop. The earliest bus leaves at 0600. Zhujiajiao is the final terminus and I think it should be reasonably easy to find your way to the water village area from the bus terminus, probably a walk of around 600m.
    The slower bus costs 1 RMB whereas this express bus costs 12 RMB, so you'll know for sure if you're on the wrong one!
    Try imgdujia.kuxun.cn/map/7/8006... for a map of Zhujiajiao which shows the sights as well as the bus stop (I think). It's in Chinese though, hope you don't mind!

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • ellyse's Profile Photo

Re: Zhujiajiao

by ellyse Online Now Jan 20, 2010 at 1:59 PM

Just an update if anyone's interested. The express bus costs 12 RMB and takes about an hour, the slower bus costs 9 RMB and takes 1.5-2 hours!
    Detailed write-up on my new VirtualTourist Zhujiajiao travel page: "Nearest Water Village to Shanghai" - Zhujiajiao by ellyse
    Do help me rate the tips, comments very welcome! :)

1 member found this helpful

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Near Zhujiajiao