Zhongshan Travel Answers

change location
budapest1966's Profile Photo

Best way from Zhongshan to Macau airport

by budapest1966 Online Now Apr 18, 2009 at 11:43 PM

I have an evening flight out of Macau (flight is at 9:10pm) and was wondering what would be the best way to get there (quick, low hassle, etc).

I think there is a ferry from Zhongshan to Macau, but I don't know at what time it leaves, how long it takes, how much it costs.

I am sure there are buses from Zhongshan to Zhuhai (then can get to Macau), but don't know what time they leave, how long it takes, cost, or how to get from zhuhai to the macau airport.

Which option is better? Is either easier/quicker with respect to customs/immigration?

I should make it to the AIRPORT in Macau no later that 8pm, so what time should I leave Zhongshan??

Thanks a bunch ... I know I asked a lot of questions. :-)

Quote & Answer
5 Answers
  • johnmperry's Profile Photo

Re: Best way from Zhongshan to Macau airport

by johnmperry Online Now Apr 19, 2009 at 2:07 AM

I can't give you specifics. But Zhongshan and Zhuhai are pretty much one connurbation. So there are plenty of buses from one to t'other. You'd need a bus going to Gong Bei, which is the border post. Might take an hour. Allow an hour to go through the border (although it shouldn't take as long as that). The airport is quite a way from the customs post.

So latest you should leave is 5pm, or earlier to be safer.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • chinamonty's Profile Photo

by chinamonty Online Now Apr 19, 2009 at 3:31 AM

How soon before your flight do you need to be at the airport? If it is two hours then I would leave Zhongshan now later than three before that (1hour and a bit by bus, 1 hour and half for customs/immigration and half an hour to get to inside the airport.
    I don't think the ferry is any use as the earliest leaves Zhongshan at 6 but maybe you should ring them
    cksp.com.hk/enews/html/20070...
    I am not sure if this is current info but it is what is on the relevant website.

• budapest1966's Profile Photo

by budapest1966 Online Now Apr 19, 2009 at 4:47 AM

Thanks !!

You both kinda gave me the same info.... will take an easy 3 hours from zhongshan to the airport in macau.

since my flight is at 9:10 pm, will catch a bus around 4:30pm in Zhongshan.

Thanks!!

• budapest1966's Profile Photo

by budapest1966 Online Now Apr 21, 2009 at 9:53 AM

Just an FYI ... I am flying on JetStar. Often have some good prices. And when I read the fine print on the site, for Intra-Asia flights, I only have to checkin by 40 minutes before the flight, so will shoot for an hour and a half before (to give me a good 45 minute buffer).

Happy Traveling to All !!

• polartraveller's Profile Photo

by polartraveller Online Now Apr 23, 2009 at 7:13 PM

Allow slightly more time for getting across from Zhuhai to Macau, the Gongbei crossing can be very busy. I heard last weekend the line was over 1 1/2 hour long. However, it is longer from Zhuhai to Macau in the morning and opposite in the evening so you are going against the flow.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines