Zhongshan Travel Answers

change location

Macau to Zhongshan

by Traveller118 Online Now Feb 16, 2009 at 10:46 PM

Hi , can anyone confirm that there is a direct bus from Macau to Zhongshan. Most recommendation received were Macau to Zhuhai then Zhuhai to Zhongshan which sound too inconvenience. Just wondering
1)How far is this bus station ( Macau - Zhongshan route ) from Macau airport and how to get there ?
2) Any bus depart after 2 pm ? What is the frequency ?
3) If I take taxi , how much taxi fare would be from Macau to Zhondshan ?
4) Is mid Nov considered peak season in Zhongshan ? Should I prebook a hotel first ?

Thanks,
Traveller118
Malaysia

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • ellyse's Profile Photo

Re: Macau to Zhongshan

by ellyse Online Now Feb 17, 2009 at 6:09 AM

Reason being that the buses from Zhuhai run from Gongbei long-distance bus station, which's right where you cross the border from Mcaau. This is a practical consideration for the bus companies so that they don't have to deal with the trouble of so many border crossings everyday. Macau being so small, it's really no problem to go to the Gongbei long-distance bus station... it's only technically "out" of Macau.
    Buses to Zhongshan leave from there to Zhongshan every 20 mins from 0740 to 2000.
    You won't be able to take a taxi from Macau airport directly to Zhongshan, for the same reason as stated above -- visa and immigration issues. Plus, a Macau taxi driver won't know their way around Zhongshan!
    No, mid November isn't a peak season in Zhongshan, I don't think you need to prebook your accommodation.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • polartraveller's Profile Photo

Re: Macau to Zhongshan

by polartraveller Online Now Feb 18, 2009 at 12:09 AM

can anyone confirm that there is a direct bus from Macau to Zhongshan

No there is none!

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Re: Macau to Zhongshan

by Traveller118 Online Now Feb 18, 2009 at 1:54 AM

Thanks for being so helpful