Zhongshan Travel Answers

change location
jbealey's Profile Photo

Zhongshan to Hong Kong??

by jbealey Online Now Mar 31, 2004 at 7:35 PM

Any tips on the best way to get from the mainland China (I'm currently in Zhongshan City, but I assume I will leave from Guangzhou) to Hong Kong, and from Hong Kong to the airport? I have a Chinese visa currently, do I also need at least a transit visa to pass through HK? Thanks much! Josh

Quote & Answer
4 Answers
  • ChinaJon's Profile Photo

Re: Zhongshan to Hong Kong??

by ChinaJon Online Now Apr 19, 2004 at 5:04 AM

If you do go to Shenzhen you can get an express bus to the Hong Kong International Airport directly from the Huang gang customs border crossing. It costs less that 200 RMB. If you go to the main border crossing at Lo Wu (S. Shenzhen) You must take a combination of train, subway, and bus to the airport. From Guanzhou there is a direct ferry to the airport but I am not sure of the cost or how to get there. Ferry to the airport is fairly new route so may not be on all the maps. Good luck! Jon

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Re: Zhongshan to Hong Kong??

by table1234 Online Now Apr 21, 2004 at 4:53 AM

Hi, can take a ferry to HK from zhongshan port directly!! no need via Guangzhou! qianqin

Re: Re: Zhongshan to Hong Kong??

by ChinaJon Online Now Apr 21, 2004 at 5:58 AM

There is a Ferry from Zhongshan to Hong Kong and from Zhouhai to both Shenzhen and Hong Kong. There are ferries from Shenzhen to Hong Kong (Kowloon and Central) and from there you can take the train to the Airport. It is a long way from HK to the airport. If you are in HK you can precheck your bags at the high speed train station. If you are in the mainland and want to go directly to the airport skipping Hong Kong, go to Shenzhen/Huanggang Customs and get one of the the Airport Express buses. Get to the airport at least 2 hours before flight time or you may not be allowed on the plane! Some baggage counters close then for security reasons and you will be out of luck! Overnight at the airoport is$$! unless you sleep in the terminal ;-)

Re: Re: Zhongshan to Hong Kong??

by ChinaJon Online Now Apr 21, 2004 at 6:03 AM

Here is the info from the Skypier Website: hongkongairport.com/eng/agui...

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines