Zhongdian

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• 9 days - Lijiang, Dali and Shangrila

Lijiang Apr 12, 2014 at 12:37 AM

I am planning a 9 days trip to China where I will be flying into Lijiang and hoping to cover Lijiang, Dali and Shangrila. I would like to do some trekking and explore around to understand the local way of life.

Some help in my planning is greatly appreciated:
      1. How many days should I spend in each of the places?
      2. How do I go from one place to another? Do I have to book in advance or will i be able to just do it via the guesthouse?
      3. How long is the travel from place to place? I am particularly concerned about the treks where I might require a stayover? Which are the ones I should look out for so I can factor that in my planning.

THANK YOU very much!

more
    • good hotels in lijiang for two nights

Lijiang Apr 1, 2014 at 4:56 AM

can anyone recommend a hotel they have stayed in recently. clean and good size and not too expensive comfort range slightly below expensive class
      thank you

more
    • tteehee's Profile Photo

how to get to white water terrace

by tteehee Online Now Mar 10, 2009 at 1:50 AM

seems to be a must place to see and go.
      so how do we get here? from zhongdian or deqing?

9 Answers Mar 27, 2009 at 7:51 PM
    • visting zhongdian solo female?

by amy_m00 Online Now Jul 6, 2008 at 7:40 AM

hello, i am flying to Beijing for 3 days on 13th July and then heading to Xian. i then plan to travel mainly yunnan area going to lijiang, dali, kumming, yangshuo over to hong kong. roughly that plan is anyway! i could only get a 30 day visa and fly out of hong kong on 15th August.
      1. do you think i will be ok travelling as a solo female in Zhongdian area
      2. how long minimum would you think - would a few days be ok?
      3. how easy is it to get around & see things if im going on my own
      4. is it expensive? as i am on a slight budget!
      any advise would be fab, thank you Amy :)

2 Answers Jul 12, 2008 at 8:41 PM
    • iracubet's Profile Photo

ANYONE KNOWS THE COMPASS LODGE EMAIL OR WEBSITE??

by iracubet Online Now May 21, 2008 at 10:28 PM

Dear All,
      Time again for our annual pilgrimage to China. All packed and ready to go to Sichuan but with the earthquake, not possible now. So, at such a short notice, anyone knows the information about the above?? Need to reserve accomodation? or does anyone else have better suggestion? We're a married couple on a average budget. haha. thanks

4 Answers Mar 17, 2009 at 12:46 AM
    • Tibet Overland

by Spoerle Online Now Dec 24, 2007 at 3:44 AM

I am looking for a reliable company renting out a vehicle to go overland to Lhasa (with driver of course). Any idea?
      Thanks!

5 Answers Dec 28, 2007 at 8:13 AM
    • ellyse's Profile Photo

2 questions about Zhongdian

by ellyse Online Now Nov 23, 2007 at 9:21 PM

1) If someone has already visited Xining (and around) and/or Xiahe, would it be alright to skip Zhongdian, due to time constraints? Or is Zhongdian something sooooooo unmissable? If so, why?

2) How much time and money should we allow for a round-trip Zhongdian -- Feilai Si (the place to watch Meilixueshan sunrise) by vehicle hire? Or what if we do the round-trip from Deqin instead of Zhongdian? We only need to spend 1 night at Feilai Si. Driver and accommodation recommendations would be welcome.

If it makes any difference, we would be going in a group of 2-3 of us, in the 2nd half of January. We're native speakers of Mandarin Chinese.

4 Answers Feb 11, 2008 at 3:23 AM
    • sarav_k's Profile Photo

flight to Beijing

by sarav_k Online Now Jan 19, 2006 at 8:07 AM

Is there any flight from Zhongdian to Beijing ? A second best alternative for me would be a flight to Shanghai from where i could catch a overnight train to Beijing. Can someone give me the flight timings from the flight from Zhongdian to Shanghai.

Sarav

4 Answers Aug 25, 2007 at 9:14 AM
    • Transportation

by GBTEO Online Now Sep 27, 2004 at 1:24 AM

I am planning a trip to Daocheng/Yading Nature Reseve from Zhongdian in mid-October. Would like to know if there are direct public bus to Daocheng or otherwise. If yes, how much is the ticket, how many departure in a week, what time it departs and from where? Can some with such info advise me, as alot of my friends advise me not to go as the road condition is very bad.... At the same time, is Tiger Leaping Gorge close. If yes, any idea when will it be open for trekking. MY friends who has just return from Kunming last says it's close due to land slide. TQ

7 Answers Nov 14, 2004 at 8:54 PM
    • hongzip's Profile Photo

What is the best way to get Zhongdian?

by hongzip Online Now Sep 23, 2004 at 6:22 PM

I am planning to visit Lijiang and Zhongdian next month via either Shanghai or Beijing. What is the best way to get to Zhongdian ? I heard that it is not good to fly to zhongdian directly from Shanghai, because the height difference is too big,that one may got sick. So if I go to Lijiang first then from there zhongdian, what is the best way? Thanks

2 Answers Oct 25, 2004 at 3:38 PM