seems to be a must place to see and go.
so how do we get here? from zhongdian or deqing?
hello, i am flying to Beijing for 3 days on 13th July and then heading to Xian. i then plan to travel mainly yunnan area going to lijiang, dali, kumming, yangshuo over to hong kong. roughly that plan is anyway! i could only get a 30 day visa and fly out of hong kong on 15th August.
1. do you think i will be ok travelling as a solo female in Zhongdian area
2. how long minimum would you think - would a few days be ok?
3. how easy is it to get around & see things if im going on my own
4. is it expensive? as i am on a slight budget!
any advise would be fab, thank you Amy :)
Time again for our annual pilgrimage to China. All packed and ready to go to Sichuan but with the earthquake, not possible now. So, at such a short notice, anyone knows the information about the above?? Need to reserve accomodation? or does anyone else have better suggestion? We're a married couple on a average budget. haha. thanks
I am looking for a reliable company renting out a vehicle to go overland to Lhasa (with driver of course). Any idea?
1) If someone has already visited Xining (and around) and/or Xiahe, would it be alright to skip Zhongdian, due to time constraints? Or is Zhongdian something sooooooo unmissable? If so, why?
2) How much time and money should we allow for a round-trip Zhongdian -- Feilai Si (the place to watch Meilixueshan sunrise) by vehicle hire? Or what if we do the round-trip from Deqin instead of Zhongdian? We only need to spend 1 night at Feilai Si. Driver and accommodation recommendations would be welcome.
If it makes any difference, we would be going in a group of 2-3 of us, in the 2nd half of January. We're native speakers of Mandarin Chinese.
Is there any flight from Zhongdian to Beijing ? A second best alternative for me would be a flight to Shanghai from where i could catch a overnight train to Beijing. Can someone give me the flight timings from the flight from Zhongdian to Shanghai.
I am planning a trip to Daocheng/Yading Nature Reseve from Zhongdian in mid-October. Would like to know if there are direct public bus to Daocheng or otherwise. If yes, how much is the ticket, how many departure in a week, what time it departs and from where? Can some with such info advise me, as alot of my friends advise me not to go as the road condition is very bad.... At the same time, is Tiger Leaping Gorge close. If yes, any idea when will it be open for trekking. MY friends who has just return from Kunming last says it's close due to land slide. TQ
I am planning to visit Lijiang and Zhongdian next month via either Shanghai or Beijing. What is the best way to get to Zhongdian ? I heard that it is not good to fly to zhongdian directly from Shanghai, because the height difference is too big,that one may got sick. So if I go to Lijiang first then from there zhongdian, what is the best way? Thanks