Zhanjiang Travel Answers

change location
Romantic14u2c's Profile Photo

ONLINE AIRFARE TO ZHANJIANG

by Romantic14u2c Online Now Aug 15, 2003 at 7:04 PM

I keep trying to book online reservations to Zhanjiang from LAX in November 2003, (via Guangzhou or Hong Kong), but finding a big Online Broker (i.e. Orbitz, Travelocity, Cheaptickets, Hotwire, and a host others) that has these routes are nearly impossible. The odd thing is that I can get a Round-trip ticket for either LAX-Guangzhou or Hong Kong, yet I cannot seem to complete the itinerary (unless I want to pay through the nose) to Zhanjiang. I know darn well that China Southern Airlines has the complete itinerary and service, but yet no Broker seems to have an agreement for the last segment to Zhanjiang. Booking direct with China Southern directly or by Broker for routes all the way to Zhanjiang seems almost impossible and is very frustrating, especially for those of us in the U.S.!! Any suggestions (besides a Travel Agent) to get this task done at a reasonable rate??

Quote & Answer
7 Answers
  • bonvoyageur's Profile Photo

Re: ONLINE AIRFARE TO ZHANJIANG

by bonvoyageur Online Now Aug 15, 2003 at 7:48 PM

I think there's a train connection but you might not like that option because the train is slow...I think I once checked that Zhanjiang is about 300 miles from Guangzhou so it wouldn't take forever, though, and should be very affordable. Good luck!

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Confucius's Profile Photo

Guangzhou-Zhanjiang

by Confucius Online Now Aug 15, 2003 at 10:07 PM

Don't worry about it. Just book your flight to Guangzhou and then purchase your Zhanjiang connection at the Guangzhou airport upon arrival. You don't need a reservation and the flights are never full. Domestic flights within China are easy to book once you've arrived in the country, unless you're travelling during a national holiday.

• vigi's Profile Photo

Re: Guangzhou-Zhanjiang

by vigi Online Now Aug 16, 2003 at 3:21 AM

If you really want to book a flight, try out the China Travel Service site: www.chinatravelone.com

• Re: ONLINE AIRFARE TO ZHANJIANG

by montequint Online Now Aug 28, 2003 at 7:43 PM

It appears that I am not the only one running into this wall. From info I have been given the reply saying to book the flight to Zhanjiang once you are in Guangzhou is correct. I am also going to Zhanjiang in November, leaving my home on 11/5. From your screen name it appears we may be going for the same reasons. I wouldn't mind talking about the situations we may encounter. My "real" e-mail is qes@kpunet.net.

• Re: ONLINE AIRFARE TO ZHANJIANG

by easyblueyes Online Now Nov 1, 2003 at 4:32 PM

I go to Zhanjiang twice a year, I use travel agent, so very easy, but you want to go on your own, I to have tried all those online places with no luck. It cost1300. each of my trips, if you find a cheaper I would surely like to get in on it, but I have not found a better way as of yet, but I do keep looking. Will let you know if I find anything better, cheaper.

• RE: ONLINE AIRFARE TO ZHANJIANG

by LaobanVictor Online Now Jun 3, 2006 at 9:17 PM

yes on roundtrip from LA to Guangzhou, once in new Guangzhou Airport, buy roundtrip ticket to Zhanjiang, maybe210USD

• darrensmale's Profile Photo

Re: ONLINE AIRFARE TO ZHANJIANG

by darrensmale Online Now Apr 26, 2007 at 10:11 AM

Hi. I go to Zhanjiang every year and fly to Guangzhou. You have a variety of options. You can get the train - takes 8 hours. Take a coach - 5 hours or catch a China Southern Flight which takes 1 hour. You can either buy your flight when you arrive (there are currently 4 flights a day) or perhaps try www.cs-air.com/en/ or http://english.yoee.com The problem with buying an international flight which includes the Zhanjiang leg is that international sellers are not affliated and can't (or won't try to) get the best deals. Depending on how early you book you can get up to 60% off the flight. We regularly do and end up flying business for £30 just for a laugh. he options are there.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines