Zhangjiajie

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• What other places close to Zhangjiajie can we visit

by zrohit Online Now Apr 13, 2014 at 12:46 PM

What other places close to Zhangjiajie can we visit? We are going to What other places close to Zhangjiajie can we visit and were trying to find other places around there that might have Buddhist Caves or temples that are worth seeing.

thanks

2 Answers Apr 14, 2014 at 2:37 AM
    • Is camping possible in the zhang jia jie nature reserve or nearby?

by Sshe Online Now Sep 26, 2013 at 12:13 PM

We might be bringing camping gear with us from a previous expedition. Will we be able to camp in or around the zhangjiajie nature park? We just prefer camping and hiking to hotels. Thank you!

• tenluk's Profile Photo

Zhangjiajie Trip

by tenluk Online Now Sep 18, 2013 at 3:30 AM

Hello VT members,

What is the different stay over night between Zhangjiajie city and Wulingyuan.
      Are there any night market around the city?
      What is the taxi cost from airport to downtown Zhangjiajie near the Train station, is it safe to take taxi if the flight arrival is around 22pm

Thanks

• SandiM's Profile Photo

What to photograph in Zhangjiajie Scenic Park(s)

by SandiM Online Now Jul 26, 2013 at 2:11 PM

Canadian here, semi-professional photographer, I sell my photos at my local crafters market and this helps me pay for my next trip. I've photographed China a few times already, customers love it. I'm going to ZJJ in September and have only 1 day to select the most photogenic spots of the Park and need help narrowing down my selections. I was thinking about Avatar mountain (it might sell, if I get some mists in the shot) and maybe Baofeng Lake (we don't have that kind of scenery in Canada especially the karst mountains), but what else? I've done Huangshan and I have a pretty good portfolio of that kind of topography so I really need something 'different'. I am doing Tianmenshan on another day, and the ZJJ Grand Canyon on the final day. So, just mainly speaking of the park and surrounding area (by publice transport), what shall I do? I noticed a lot of the scenery reminded me of Bryce Canyon in Utah (a different color tho!), so I'm not sure if that's really different enough for my folks. There's a couple natural bridges around there that might be cool. Other suggestions?

3 Answers Jul 26, 2013 at 6:52 PM
    • Zhangjiajie in December, Snow??

by YYSYYS Online Now Jul 12, 2013 at 12:34 AM

Hi, I'm visiting ZJJ this year end Christmas. Can i expect a "White Christmas" in ZJJ? How is the weather for last christmas in ZJJ? Snow? Thanks.

5 Answers Jul 15, 2013 at 8:52 PM
    • Yellow Dragon Cave (Huang Long Dong)

by sunrays Online Now Jun 27, 2013 at 6:59 AM

If I want to go to the yellow dragon cave, do I have to pay for entire Wulingyuan scenic ticket? Or can I just pay for the cave entrance?

2 Answers Jun 27, 2013 at 8:04 PM
    • Bus stop near Yichen International Hotel,

by sunrays Online Now Jun 23, 2013 at 10:57 PM

Hi! What is the closest bus stop near the Yichen International Hotel – Zhangjiajie, No. 188 – 186 Binhe Road? Which bus would I need to take from the trainstation?

1 Answer Jul 4, 2013 at 2:15 AM
    • Zhangjiajie is free for students under 19 years?

by sunrays Online Now Jun 14, 2013 at 3:06 AM

we are travelling to Zhangjiajie in July. I have read in the internet, that students under 19 years have free access to some tourist sites. Does this also include the Tianmen Mountains and the Yellow Dragon cave?

6 Answers Jul 4, 2013 at 2:18 AM
    • SandiM's Profile Photo

Where is this? I'm going to ZJJ in September!

by SandiM Online Now May 8, 2013 at 9:39 PM

I saw this photo when I was googling 'bridges' in Zhangjiajie and this one came up. They call it a moon bridge, and I'm wondering if it's really real and if so, whereabouts is it? I'll be in the area in September this year. And the chinese name if you know it, please!

sun-surfer.com/moon-bridge-z...

10 Answers Jul 4, 2013 at 9:29 AM
    • Zhangjiajie (and area) hostel culture for a solo backpacker

by jonzo Online Now Feb 6, 2013 at 11:54 AM

Hello, I am wondering about the backpacker culture around Zhangjiajie. I am a first time backpacker traveling SOLO In April. I am looking to be there mid apr sometime.. I know it's a popular place amongst the Chinese, but am I likely to run into other English speaking backpackers in the Youth Hostels there to go on these long hikes in the area with? As it's kind of complicated and out of the way to get there I don't really want to hike for days alone!

3 Answers Feb 24, 2013 at 5:57 AM
    • Tianmenshan Skywalk

by tpg Online Now Mar 24, 2012 at 3:46 AM

How much is the ticket price to walk this skywalk and how long does it take?

2 Answers Apr 21, 2012 at 7:16 PM
    • anoum's Profile Photo

Winter visit

by anoum Online Now Sep 27, 2011 at 5:57 AM

Hi, based on the winters in 2009 and 2010, is it possible to visit the mountains in Zhangjiajie in late Nov and early Dec with no problems?

• bonbonhart's Profile Photo

Going to Zhangjiajie .. THe best time ..When

by bonbonhart Online Now Feb 27, 2011 at 8:10 PM

Hi friends,
      As i m planning to visit Zhangjiajie. I would like you to suggest about
      1. Should i go in April or MAy. Is it any differences?
      2. What is the weather like during that time ?
      3. Need climbing or treking ? I m not that kind of type :P
      4. I m not sure is it comparable between juizhaigoa and Zhangjiajie, Hallelujah Mountains in Avatar :P. Anyone care to give and idea in beatiful scenery perspective.

Thanks
      Nan

2 Answers Mar 2, 2011 at 12:19 AM
    • Chongnv's Profile Photo

Train Ticket booking online

by Chongnv Online Now Jan 11, 2010 at 9:54 PM

Surf the net, the web site - http://train.tickets-china.com/ provide train ticket booking online from Guangzhou - Zhangjiajie. Has any members book the train ticket online via this site?

4 Answers Jan 16, 2010 at 1:24 AM
    • Chongnv's Profile Photo

Looking for a trustworthy Tour Guide

by Chongnv Online Now Jan 10, 2010 at 7:55 PM

Will be in Zhangjiajie in April with my family.. I was told there are many tour guides in Zhangjiajie tourist spots, but we have to engage a good and trustworthy tour guide. Any recommendation from the members who have been to Zhangjiajie?

• Help on Transportation needed from Guilin to Zhangjiajie/Feng Huang Gu Cheng.

by SuHang Online Now Nov 19, 2009 at 7:49 PM

I will be arriving Guilin early January 2010, since I have 14 days to travel, I am thinking of going to Zhangjiajie/Feng Huang Gu Cheng first.
      The following would be my tentative itinerary:
      D1: Arriving Guilin in the morning 1100, then take a train to Changsha, Hunan; stay a night in Changsha.
      D2,morning: Leaving Changsha for Zhangjiajie; stay in Zhangjiajie.
      D3 ~D5: Zhangjiajie.
      D6, morning: Leaving ZJJ for Feng Huang Gu Cheng. Stay in Feng Huang Gu Cheng.
      D7 ~D8: Stay in Feng Huang Gu Cheng.
      D9, morning: Leaving Feng Huang Gu Cheng for Changsha.
      D9~D10: Stay 2 nights in Changsha.
      D11: Depart from Changsha to Guilin.
      D12~D14: Guilin.
      D14, afternoon: Fly home.
      Now, I need some helps from the seasoned travelers for the following doubts:
      1) Is the above itinerary too hectic? Improvement on it would be much appreciated!
      2) Is there any direct transport from Guilin to Zhangjiajie/ Feng Huang Gu Cheng instead of going to Changsha?
      a) What is it?
      b) how long to travel?
      c) How much time to travel?
      d) How much RMB?
      3) Any other road transport other than train?
      a) how much RMB?
      b) and the time needed to travel?
      c) How much RMB?
      4) Actually, what is the best way to go to Zhangjiajie/ Feng Huang Gu Cheng from Guilin?

Suggestions on better plans would be appreciated!
      Looking forward to your great help!
      Thank you!

5 Answers Jan 2, 2010 at 12:35 AM
    • greencargirl's Profile Photo

How long is needed in ZhangJiaJie, etc.?

by greencargirl Online Now Sep 9, 2009 at 8:49 PM

Hi Everyone,

We're planning a visit here soon (this month or next), along with Changsha, Chengdu, and JiuZhaiGou.

Any thoughts on how long is needed to enjoy ZhangJiaJie? We'll likely arrive in the evening, so we can start early the next morning and are wondering if one day is sufficient, though we prefer a liesurely pace.

Also, we're still trying to figure out the best route for our trip to all these places, looking at flight costs and so on. Right now we're thinking of starting in ZhangJiaJie (flying there from Beijing)where we can then go to Changsha, Chengdu, JiuZhaiGou, then back through Chengdu to Beijing. If you've done a similar route or have any thoughts on this, please do share!

Many thanks in advance.

Susan

13 Answers Jul 29, 2010 at 5:57 AM
    • marcus_gsh's Profile Photo

Questions... Quaestions and questions... Thanks!

by marcus_gsh Online Now May 14, 2009 at 3:44 AM

Hi,

I wish to have couple of homestay in Zhang Jia Jie and also "miao zhai" during mid of June.

- Do you have any recommendation to me? How much? email address to contact?
      - Is there only Southern Airlines reach Zhang Jia Jie airport? any other airline option?
      - what kind of transport most suitable to go on? should we rent a car, motorbike..?
      - we wish to go for hiking? any recommendation?
      - is it hot during mid of June?

Looking for your kind reply. :)

Thanks!
      -Marcus

2 Answers Aug 11, 2009 at 5:45 PM
    • Required climbing

by NGHK Online Now Dec 4, 2007 at 4:09 AM

My wife has a physical problem and cannot climb hills for extensive period. She can do mild climbing. If we go to Zhangjiajie, do we need to climb a lot of steep hills? Are there porters who can carry her over more demanding places?

Thanks.

2 Answers Aug 11, 2009 at 5:51 PM
    • Weather in Zhangjiajie

by Dedlim Online Now Nov 4, 2004 at 5:04 AM

Hello everyone, I will visit Zhangjiajie next week, does anyone give me information about the weather in that place Thanks in advance Deddy

1 Answer Nov 5, 2004 at 7:26 PM